It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOT! New Book: Jesus, Coaching, Football, Nascar and the GAMEPLAN OF LIFE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
HOT! New Book: Jesus, Coaching, Football, Nascar and the GAMEPLAN OF LIFE!

Super Bowl Coach and Nascar Winner Joe Gibbs, says, “God is the reason for my success!”

Here’s the foreword and a topical rundown by former Super Bowl Champion Coach Tony Dungy… of Gibb’s book ‘GAMEPLAN FOR LIFE’

"Topics include…

Finances by Ron Blue
Health by Dr Walt Larimore
Relationships by Don Meredith
Vocation by Dr Os Guinness
The Bible by Josh McDowell
God by Dr Ken Boa
Creation by Dr John Lennox
Sin and Addiction by Ravi Zacharias
Salvation by Chuck Colson
Purpose by Dr Tony Evans
Heaven by Randy Alcorn..."

Gibbs bio: One of the most successful coaches of all time, Joe Gibbs coached the Washington Redskins for 12 seasons, leading them to eight playoff appearances, four NFC Championship titles, and three Super Bowl titles. In 1996, Joe was enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, with an overall winning percentage of .638 – second only to the legendary Vince Lombardi and John Madden. After retiring at the end of the 1992 season, Joe switched his focus to his NASCAR team, Joe Gibbs Racing, which has already won three championships under his ownership ('00, '02 & '05), and is currently poised to claim a fourth in 2008.
A deeply committed Christian, Joe has made no secret of his faith, speaking at numerous prayer breakfasts, advertising Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ on the hood of one of his race cars at the Daytona 500, and most recently, dedicating his time and resources to building a special ministry through Joe Gibbs racing called The Game Plan for Life, which focuses on "winning souls for Christ and discipling believers toward living more full and relevant God-centered lives." Gibbs currently resides in Virginia with his wife Pat, but they make their permanent home in Charlotte, North Carolina. They have two sons, J.D. Gibbs and Coy Gibbs and six grandchildren. J.D. Gibbs and wife Melissa have four sons: Jackson, Miller, Jason, and Taylor. Coy Gibbs and wife Heather have son Ty and daughter Elle.

Guys, Do you respect Gibbs? Have you seen the book? Is Gibb’s another out to lunch Christian, pushing his belief on the rest of us? Did you plan on checking it out? And does Jesus care about the NFL and Nascar winners? I don't think so, but that's me...
OT

PS: More Info below:

Book link here: www.amazon.com...

Wash. Post Gibbs Interview here: www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 13-8-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well you cannot say he is "pushing his beliefs" onto us because well , he isn't.

He is charging quite a fee for his beliefs.

I guess I will not get them pushed on me, because I cannot afford them.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Well you cannot say he is "pushing his beliefs" onto us because well , he isn't.

He is charging quite a fee for his beliefs.

I guess I will not get them pushed on me, because I cannot afford them.

Hey thank you, you are the first responder...btw, Are you saying he should not be paid for his work, on the book? Please clarify muzzleflash friend!

OT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Guys, did you notice, Gibb's has got the Guinness BEER guy talking about VOCATION? Good thing, right?

OT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

muzzleflash, have you been a Gibbs fan?

OT

football or nascar?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oh I agree he should get money for his work. I mean paper and ink costs something after all! hehe

I can't really say I am a fan, I never really followed the Redskins that much but he was certainly one of the best coaches to ever run a team. His records are just incredible.

I do not know anything about his NASCAR experience though. I only watched football as a kid. I lived in Cowboy country (BIG rivals vs Redskins), but I was personally a 49ers fan until Montana left.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Montana?

dude, you are old like me!!!!

Experienced right?

OT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Oh I agree he should get money for his work. I mean paper and ink costs something after all! hehe

I can't really say I am a fan, I never really followed the Redskins that much but he was certainly one of the best coaches to ever run a team. His records are just incredible.

I do not know anything about his NASCAR experience though. I only watched football as a kid. I lived in Cowboy country (BIG rivals vs Redskins), but I was personally a 49ers fan until Montana left.

OH btw, I'm in Texas (Houston) now...freakin HOT, but we just got a great thunderstorm to cool things off, where u at?

OT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I won't say I am old, I still lie to myself and pretend that I'm just a kid with bills to pay.

I am not in TX right now, I am in PA currently with my family.

We lived in Lubbock for years though, as I was doing some stuff at TTU.

I grew up in Odessa and went to Permian High, so I am from deep in football country lol. I actually played street football with Roy Williams when we were in elementary. He is a good player because he played with us kids whom were all good.

Honestly he was not really much better than the rest of the kids, but we knew he could go far because he was fast and could catch pretty much anything you threw to him. He just signed a contract for like 50million $ in fact.

And to think I told him 20+years ago "Dude if you keep trying your gonna go to the NFL!" and guess what , hes got 50,000,000 $ contract now. Go Figure.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

you would have made it....

I "feel ur pain" ....

Batted 478 in college baseball, but got DISTRACTED with life...all good tho...

But several decades later, I ask...."what if?"

OT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

ALSO, BASEBALL...I quit after seven years at 13, bored with it....stumbled upon it again in college....

Now I wish an adult, would have said to me at 13, "kid you are good!, take a yr off, you can make it!" but no one did

oh well????? SOVERIGNTY right?

OT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

.....And to think I told him 20+years ago "Dude if you keep trying your gonna go to the NFL!" and guess what , hes got 50,000,000 $ contract now. Go Figure.

Does that piss you off, still?

Or are you glad you were there? Great memory, huh?

OT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
So we do have something in common, we are both in Texas. I am far north of you, just south of Fort Worth.

As for Gibbs, I respect any one who walks their talk, whether our beliefs are the same or not.

I have read one of the men on the list, Josh McDowell's Evidence that Demands a Verdict, back when I was a christian and I remember thinking it was written by someone who believed in the first place. Had a lot of trouble thinking he was writing from the perspective of a once none believer.

BTW, Cowboys play tonight.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

So we do have something in common, we are both in Texas. I am far north of you, just south of Fort Worth.

As for Gibbs, I respect any one who walks their talk, whether our beliefs are the same or not.

I have read one of the men on the list, Josh McDowell's Evidence that Demands a Verdict, back when I was a christian and I remember thinking it was written by someone who believed in the first place. Had a lot of trouble thinking he was writing from the perspective of a once none believer.

BTW, Cowboys play tonight.

liveandlearn,

As an aside, your U2U to me the other day, was probably the best written, well thought out, discourse, I've seen , for a loooooooong while....

I truly appreciate the time you took, the thoughts you conveyed, and the sentiment communicated....

Very wise (and balanced), you are......................sorry for the Yoda-grammar

OT

PS: Now let me read your most recent post, ok?

PSS: Are the 'Cowboys' double-A???

PSSS: OT doesn't live in TX, just travels here.....too HOT!...could not pay me to live here....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

......As for Gibbs, I respect any one who walks their talk, whether our beliefs are the same or not. ..........

Excellent! Thank you for the mature take on this....Joe Gibbs, is the real deal....sincere, great husband, father....and he has admitted, on Jim Rome today.....a ready grand-father....who admits, he was gone toooo much, as a father....

He said, " I want to get it right, this next time around, with the babies...!"

OT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

PSS: Are the 'Cowboys' double-A??? PSSS:

OT doesn't live in TX, just travels here.....too HOT!...could not pay me to live here....

Whoa...they'll get back on track...but right now, yeah, maybe.

When I read you were in Houston, I thought how can anyone live in Houston, North Texas is hot in summer but Houston could kill a man with it's humidity.

And I thank you for the kind words. It is simply how I have resolved to live my life but placed in the context of the forum.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

When I read you were in Houston, I thought how can anyone live in Houston, North Texas is hot in summer but Houston could kill a man with it's humidity.

And I thank you for the kind words. It is simply how I have resolved to live my life but placed in the context of the forum.

It's called Platinum Premiere Marriott rewards member OT!

AC/turn down service/free breakfast/etc.....

You should hear my wife when I get home!!!! "I ain't helping you one bit like that maid you had all week, go, cut the grass!"

And

I

DO!

OT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Good night friend, tired...long week, see you tomorrow, ok?

OT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I am not by any means a Redskins fan but you have to give cudos to the coach anyway. He did a great job while he was coaching and I guess his formula for success was Christianity. Certainly interesting and all I can say with football season fast approaching is go Giants. Let's hope Jesus does like football and favors my team!

[edit on 13-8-2009 by jackflap]

new topics

top topics

join