It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Death to Obama' sign holder detained

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Although I do not agree with what his signs . . .

I do not see where he threatened the president.

Just out of curiosity, what does "Death to Obama" mean to you? History tells me that a person holding said sign wished death upon the named person. How did you interpret it?

It is an implied threat, true? That is just as viable of a threat.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

That is what I got out of it but Lemon.Fresh claims to not see any threat on the sign so I was just curious what they thought it meant. I cannot imagine any other way to interpret that sign than someone wish death upon someone. That is a threat to me, what is it to lemon.fresh?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by jd140

I just wanted to point out that you have to be an idiot in today's world to do what he did...

I am not an Obama supporter, and I am pretty sure this guys is not either...I just wanted to point out that there are better was to show that you are not satisfied with the administration.

Not saying he isn't an idiot, I'm merely pointing out that this and worse happened at an event where Bush spoke and I really doubt most here would run to his defense as seen in this thread.

I would go as far as to say a few would echo those statements.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
People like that make it easy for some to label all protesters and non-supporters of the health care bill crazy and racist. Common sense apparently hasn't made any visits to that man in a long time.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think if those that held those sort of signs during the Bush admin were not prosecuted then this guy shouldn't be. It was obviously over the top but why is it worse than the "death to Bush" signs.

What makes this guy a scumbag as opposed to someone making a political statement is the fact that he brought the wife and kids into it. As hated as Bush was people pretty much left Laura alone.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If any one of us threatened a neighbor telling them we wished death upon them or that we wanted to kill them, we would be arrested on the spot. Taken in for a psychological evaluation and if found sane just sent up the river!
It IS against the LAW no matter who you threaten and is even worse when it is the potus. That one is a no brainier and this guy wasn't using his to its full capacity when he did that either. IMO
There are ways to be heard and ways NOT to be heard, this ladies and gentlemen is one of the ways NOT to be heard.

I am sure people have many things they would like to get across and be heard. BUT this kind of behavior often leads to those who aren't so "stable" getting even DUMBER ideas.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I think if those that held those sort of signs during the Bush admin were not prosecuted then this guy shouldn't be. It was obviously over the top but why is it worse than the "death to Bush" signs.

What makes this guy a scumbag as opposed to someone making a political statement is the fact that he brought the wife and kids into it. As hated as Bush was people pretty much left Laura alone.

It's not worse, it's equal to it. Just because some guy got away with it when it was directed at Bush doesn't make it right to let this guy off the hook too. I'm pretty sure it's a crime to threaten the president's life no matter who that president is. Anyone with those intentions should be detained and prosecuted if warranted.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57

My thoughts exactly...

This is really why I brought this up. I really wonder if he was a plant?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is just more evidence that Obama is getting preferential treatment by all areas of society.

sick, and tired of it all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join