'Death to Obama' sign holder detained

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Source

OK, now, I know people are not happy with the current administration, but this guy goes way too far. First off, it is a direct threat to the President...then he goes and names the First Lady, and adds "and her two stupid kids."

What is wrong with people? Yes, be mad at the administration, but don't be stupid enough to do something like this!

I searched to see if this was already posted, and I could not find anything.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wow!!

That's just retarded. Oops, didn't meant to offend anyone that is genuinely mentally handicapped, but this guy was just plain stupid.

A homeless guy looking to get out of paying rent for about two dozen years? How long IS the sentence for a threat against the prez these days?

Surely couldn't be worth it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

A bipolar man who "prophesied" that Bush may "burn" on a trip to AZ was sentenced to 3 year based on the following:

18 USC § 871 -- which reads, in part:

"...Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

So, it looks like this guy has about 5 years free rent coming.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

Way to be quick with your facts.
Very impressive. So do you think this guy was a little wacko, or just stupid?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I bet anything it will come out that he has some sort of mental disorder. Don't you kind of have to be half in the bag or something to do something as dumb as this?

I mean seriously, why not just show up on the DC lawn in a tank while you are at it?

link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier

Sounds like your quote refers only to mailing a threat. If they can use it for a sign holder or other reason than Glenn Beck better watch out for his comment about Pelosi.

or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States,

I agree sign was unnecessary and stupid.

link   
And thanks for the compliment.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Killing is crazy. Just imprison, then deport to his home country, Kenya. And just for kicks, send the co-conspirator in Hawaii, and Piglosi, and Boxershorts.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This gent should have been detained. He should be required to go through mandatory psychological review and prosecuted. There is absolutely no place for this kind of nonsense. To the extent that he was joking around, he definately should be tossed in jail.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I think you are right. I took the big list of items to be separate from the Post Office list, and this was the only thing I could find that resembled the crackpot with the sign. I guess I skimmed too fast.

I am sure that it falls on the lines of the same punishment though.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Although I do not agree with what his signs . . .

I do not see where he threatened the president.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Probably both and paid by "someone" else to stand there. Its just my suspicious mind coming up with possibilities for why someone would do something so blatantly stupid. The first thing I think of is "headlines"!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Did you guys feel this strongly when it happened to Bush?

When they start attacking his convoy get back to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I just wanted to point out that you have to be an idiot in today's world to do what he did...

I am not an Obama supporter, and I am pretty sure this guys is not either...I just wanted to point out that there are better was to show that you are not satisfied with the administration.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
For the record, I don't like any political party. Bush went through more than Obama and his thin skinned worshippers have even seen yet. looks like they need to toughen up, of course if you cant candle the heat, get the hell out of the kichen.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
www.foxnews.com...

Did you guys feel this strongly when it happened to Bush?

When they start attacking his convoy get back to me.

Exactly my point too jd...
Look at all the "Death to" Bush signs protesters flaunted..I guess no one saw these..or maybe no one seemed bothered enough to say anything at the time..
michellemalkin.cachefly.net...
www.zombietime.com...
3.bp.blogspot.com...
www.rightwingnews.com...
farm1.static.flickr.com...

hummm..it's so quiet...you could hear a pin drop....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

And the first one has a cop right next to them! Maybe this guy was detained due to the threats on the family? (Or because he implied a threat to the "messiah!")

How do the last two equal death threats?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by MarshMallow_Snake]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hopefully someone is keeping tabs on him so we can be assured he gets at least as good of treatment as the prisoners at Gitmo are getting.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Although I do not agree with what his signs . . .

I do not see where he threatened the president.

Just out of curiosity, what does "Death to Obama" mean to you? History tells me that a person holding said sign wished death upon the named person. How did you interpret it?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
Exactly my point too jd...
Look at all the "Death to" Bush signs protesters flaunted..I guess no one saw these..or maybe no one seemed bothered enough to say anything at the time..
michellemalkin.cachefly.net...
www.zombietime.com...
3.bp.blogspot.com...

hummm..it's so quiet...you could hear a pin drop....

Just to break the silence, they should get exactly the same treatment as this guy or anyone else. In the U.S. the man elected president is due a certain level of protection from anyone that wishes ill upon them. That is how it is. No matter how much I like or dislike a president, the U.S. is still the U.S. and you cannot publicly wish death upon the president. No matter what little letter follows their name.

I edited your post so it fits better. Calling him hitler is not the same as wishing him death. Saying F*** off Bush is alson not equal to wishing death.

[edit on 8/13/09 by evil incarnate]

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join