It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The battle between your feelings/emotions and your intellect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here's a thread I've been meaning to start for awhile, but I just never knew how to verbalize it until last night.

I always thought that I may have a good soul, but my body/mind/flesh -whatever- just totally contradicts it (I'm not religious, so please don't bring the bible into this - I'm aware of those passages).

Imagine how stupid I felt when I realized that it's probably not my soul fighting against my body (or vice-versa), but it's the constant contradiction of my intellect going against my emotions. Does that make sense?

For instance - I see I will act one way in front of people, and then when I go over everything in my head later, I wished I could of acted differently and what not.

Basically I am saying that I have a duality going on here. Anyone else know what I am talking about?

And how can you keep your emotions at bay when something is going on and truly be yourself?

I stifle 95% of my emotions when things are going on, so it really causes havoc inside. Also, I have Anxiety and Depression, so you can imagine the feelings I feel when NOTHING (or barely anything) is going on as well!

Wow. Am I that messed up?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Nah your not messed up. Your just like the rest of us people

Rather than viewing this as a battle between your emotions and your logic, let us view it from another angle.

In most cases the extremes of anything are bad, examples like "too much of something" or "too little of something" are usually bad. While moderation is a good thing.

So rather than fighting either side, try to find a balance between the two. Try to find a way to let your emotions work with your logic. Together they can form a far more powerful and fulfilling force than the destruction they will cause upon you if you let them fight for dominance.

Rest assured, theres nothing weird about what your talking about. I deal with the same thing everyday, as anyone else does. No one is perfect, we have to learn and deal with this issue every single day of our lives.

Both aspects are very important to have a good life after all.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It's in, side
It's in the back
The front
No it's in the back
No it's in the front
No it's in the back
They shoved it in the back
They put it in the back
All the love in the back in the back
All the love in the back
Get in the back boy

And they call it your subconscious

TALK:
Remember Freud
In the front is your computer
And I call him
SING:
Old ego is a too much thing
Old ego is a too much thing
He'll make you fool yourself
You'll think you're somebody else
They got the whole subway train
Makes you want to jump on up there an' fight
And you can't stand left to your right

He'll make you lie
Make you cheat
Jus' so you won't be beat
He'll make you get on outta sight
You get afraid you gonna, act like a clown
And you get mad when somebody puts you down

Your heart's a-pumpin' and you pan-heart's a-jumpin'
Look out ego is a too much thing
When everything seems goin' so fine
Old ego puts itself on a bind
Your certainy turns to doubt
Then you start flippin' out
Then you ease on out of your mind

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

just follow your heart, don't listen to your mind.

your heart is your self, a part of your instinctual mind is your ego

the self is you for you and only you
your ego isnt you, its not you, just the outside influences you think.. are a part of your SELF.

listen, follow, be guided by your heart.

until then, you'll keep on struggling.

because you can always use logic and emotion together for a so called 'balance', but feeling is real and logic is influenced on your outer world which is so messed up and corrupt to begin with.

and if you cant feel you struggle even more with your self because your self is unknown, and you're controlled by your ego.

shackles on your mind, all the time...all the time

new topics

top topics

join