It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions Escalate as Town Hall Protestors Tout Violent Rhetoric

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Tensions Escalate as Town Hall Protestors Tout Violent Rhetoric

www.google.com

The Secret Service is investigating a man who authorities said held a sign reading "Death to Obama" outside a town hall meeting on health-care reform in western Maryland.

The sign also read, "Death to Michelle and her two stupid kids," referring to the first name of President Barack Obama's wife, said Washington County Sheriff's Capt. Peter Lazich.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Regardless of our individual stances on the issues, I hope we can agree that wishing death to the President and his family is not likely to get us anywhere we want to be as a nation. How can we change the course of this dialog to tone down the violent talk and generate positive momentum towards civil debate?

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This shouldn't be in the news. Some one screwed up, or it's propaganda. I'm betting on propaganda.

The Secret Service does NOT tell the WORLD who it's investigating.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Let's see how security measures evolve from here; then we'll know if he was a legitimate protester or just another plant.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Even though I think this is all faked and stuff just for effect, I'll go ahead and point something out.

See how hypocritical we as a nation are?

6years ago it was totally cool and ok to hold signs saying "Death to Saddam and his two stupid sons!"

But holding this sign is just not cool right?

Aren't they all human beings? Why is it ok to want death for one human and not death for another human?

I think its just really hypocritical that's all.

Other acceptable "death 2" signs would be from the rest of the 'axis of evil' pretty much.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
This shouldn't be in the news. Some one screwed up, or it's propaganda. I'm betting on propaganda.

Well, the sign was spotted by the media and the individual was picked up the local Sheriff's office before being handed off to the Secret Service, so I suspect that's why it's in the news. Still, wishing death to the Mother and children? That's rough.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That's become the tone of the debate at these things - raw hatred & fear mixed with blatant disinformation designed to scare the wits out of people.

All orchestrated by insurance lobbyists and talk radio goons.

I really think these "town hall" debates are silly anyway - a town hall format is great for an actual town hall, but these things have just become media spectacles for various special interest groups to push their agendas - on both sides.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

Yes, you're right.

Any sort of threat against the president's life, even if it's in misspelled crayon on a letter to the White House, is taken very, very seriously, and usually warrants an investigation.

It's not that the guy doesn't like Obama or his family. It's that he threatened them.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I agree... smells like propaganda to paint the protesters as backwards racist crazies.. which has been the medias stance all along..

new topics

top topics

join