It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mich. Prison Assessed For Possible Gitmo Transfers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Mich. Prison Assessed For Possible Gitmo Transfers

apnews.myway.com

STANDISH, Mich. (AP) - Federal and state officials visited a maximum-security prison in rural Michigan on Thursday to begin assessing its suitability to house Guantanamo Bay detainees.

About a dozen state officials were joined by 18 representatives from the Defense, Justice and Homeland Security departments and the Bureau of Prisons on the tour of the lockup in Standish, said Russ Marlan, a spokesman for the Michigan Department of Corrections.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have been hearing about Detroit and Michigan being practically a ghost town for quite some time now. Was this the plan from the beginning to squash the economy on purpose and then move something like Guantanamo into an economically depressed area, within an economically depressed nation, and this be the "salvation" that gives people jobs, income, and re-building the community?

I thought Guantanamo was just fine, but the laws as they were being left to open-ended and vague in order for the politicians to manipulate them however they saw fit.

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This would of course be the beginning of the end if they do this in America.

The reason?

All of the F.E.M.A. "detainment camps" would of course transition with it.

Then, we will have Fascist Concentration Camps across America.

Just like WWII and the Nazi's had all over Europe.

Remember, as prison's end up overcrowding, and this will be a "terrorist" prison no less, they will end up having to do something other than release them.

I can hear them building those ovens and showers now.

Watch out America, we're in deep trouble now, and this time the man has no funny little mustache to laugh at.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Bad idea.

This is not a good sign at all. There is nothing wrong with Gitmo and not to mention this will only create jobs for how many people? 50,60, 100 or so at most?

The prisons are already grossly under funded I don't see how adding more people for them to detain is going help matters at all. I think Obama is testing the limits of the legal system with this move.

In fact I think that is what he has been doing this whole time, he has been putting this stuff out to see how the legal system will act, how the congress will act and how the people will act.

This isn't going to end up good for anybody.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I could not agree more with you.

This man is careful, like he is dipping his toes into the water of the deep end of the pool.

He will find out exactly how quickly people will get pissed off though.

Michigan will not want these terrorists living in their back yard, at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I agree with both of your points about how this will be an 'in' for other 'fishy' encampments.

The governor of Michigan replied stating that she didn't want them in Michigan. Of course it will still happen. She says that there is too much baggage that comes with the prisoners and Homeland Security issues that they don't want to deal with.

I'm worried that it will be an in to allowing for the next wave of internment camps for those that are racist and disagree with the administration.

I have always supported each president as they have come into office. I always want to give ANY president the opportunity to do what they promised. It's obvious this president has lied through his teeth so I do not discount the presented possibilities being stated in this thread.

My friends and family (wife included) that voted for Obama are now beginning to seriously regret their decision. The problem is that I don't think we would have been much better off with McCain in there. Ron Paul would have been the best choice but he would already be dead by now or completely manipulated by the true force behind the government.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Is this a part of the "master plan"?

Pentagon Planning Deployment of Troops in Support of Nationwide Vaccination

All those people who will refuse vaccination, may be labeled terrorists?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I don't blame them.

I also agree with you about how he is dipping his toes in the deep end of the pool. What he sees now is just little holes in the dam with water springing out, eventually the dam will give and a huge rush of water will come at him.

Another thing I think he is trying to do is get these people into the civilian justice system over here, if he can do that most of these people will go free. Our military are not police their job is not to collect evidence for a trial their job is to win wars and keep their brothers at arms safe.

I don't like what I am seeing.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I have been telling people for the better part of two decades that civil war would happen.

This may be the steps towards it happening.

This time it will be father against mother, politician against citizen, kids turning in their parents.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My problem with this is that these are a potential threat and shouldn't have visitation or acess to spreading information just as many state prisons now do. I think we need to focus more-on how poor we run our state prisons, before we can go that far.

Unless, the military is taking over all of them. Which seems to be implied by many already as in the very near future.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

I am not sure if the military would take it over, or if the militias would do so, or if the mercenaries of Blackwater/Xe and their competitors would do it.

Any which way you spin it, it spells trouble for America, and anyone who speaks the truth.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Possibility, but from what I am seeing people are banding together from all sides.

To be completely honest with you they are stoking the flames, but I haven't ever felt the way I do now, like things are on edge, any thinking person can see the writing on the wall.

I don't think the people stoking these flames know what they are getting themselves into, they think they do, but have no idea.

These people being shipped here to be put in civilian prisons is not good.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You are correct.

The laws are not written for terrorism within the bounds of a civilian prison system.

So, this means the military would insist on these becoming military prisons.

Fits a pre-planned agenda, if you ask me, and I am sure you can see it yourself.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Geez...when I first saw this story break, first thing I though was...

Jackson, Michigan...used to be the largest walled prison in the world and is pretty much empty now due to shuffling and budget cuts...

Of course if Standish turns it down, I'm sure we'll be next in line... :shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

All it means, really, is we as citizens are screwed.

The reason is because then "terrorism" will really be in our backyard, literally.

Can you imagine how a prison break of this prison will be handled?

The city and state would be on lockdown through Martial Law, until those idiots were caught.

I don't think people who move people like terrorists think very much.

This shows a lack of IQ on their part, if you ask me.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

new topics

top topics

join