It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of religion. Is such a position logical?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Spirituality is like a relationship with someone. Is it called a religion when you have a relationship with someone?

Religion is someone's idea of his or her relationship with the divine. If you do not follow that idea, you are doomed. You cannot have this relationship with the divine without following this idea.

People have the right to have a relationsip with the universe, god, whatever. People have no right to force their ideas of their relationship on others.

It's basically the self vs the others.

The end of religion is a logical position. It is YOU and the UNIVERSE.

Do I have the right to tell you what your girlfriend/boyfriend need to be or not to be?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Floopie

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Logic and organised religion do not mix - YES! (S & F)

But..logic and a belief in some sort of supernatural being Do mix - I am here to tell you that. People may call me illogical, but I do have a Logic degree - so, maybe the profs were all nuts as well...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
My feeling is that if organized religion went, people would be much happier.

Except for the people who organized it

They'd probably be pretty depressed

I believe that the churches are into the business of brainwashing - all churches.

If nothing else, many seem to be in the business of... well... business.
It always turned me off, even as a theist, to turn on the TV and essentially hear "You too can be saved and go to Heaven for your gift of $99.99 (or more!)"

I personally wouldn't mind seeing less of that..

Once the churches have a hand in it, everything becomes about control - the opposite of what Jesus taught. And probably the opposite of everything spiritual.

True, which reminds me of something else I hated as a Christian... Everyone who said I wasn't a true Christian just because I didn't go to church. I always felt like I was being forced to fit into the mold of the stereotypical Christian...
I felt more peer pressure to go to church than I ever did to do drugs lol...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

That would be hilarious!

And it would make a nice change.

"Oh, we poor oppressed oppressors of the multitudes, please help us, for we are cast down to their level!"

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

And that is the answer.

Refuse to be downbeaten, refuse to be pigeonholed. And please refuse to be vaccinated.

We all have to go our own way in this life, but the powers that be do not want this.

It seems to me that humankind and the earth is suffering from a terminal illness caused by a few powerful people.

Are we going to let them wreck our planet, and us?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join