It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon Wants Authority to Post Almost 400,000 Military Personnel in U.S

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yes, what the hell is going on??? Sounds like 1933 Germany.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Listen folks,

There are some great suggestions in this thread, but if you really want the validity to all this, then I suggest you do your research on the UN.

Most do not realize, but in the decleration of a national emergency, the UN has the right to take control of the US. This is a FACT!

Don't believe me, read this:

The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America summit in Canada released a plan that establishes U.N. law along with regulations by the World Trade Organization and World Health Organization as supreme over U.S. law during a pandemic and sets the stage for militarizing the management of continental health emergencies. The "North American Plan for Avian & Pandemic Influenza" was finalized at the SPP summit last week in Montebello, Quebec.

At the same time, the U.S. Northern Command, or NORTHCOM, has created a webpage dedicated to avian flu and has been running exercises in preparation for the possible use of U.S. military forces in a continental domestic emergency involving avian flu or pandemic influenza.

With virtually no media attention, in 2005 President Bush shifted U.S. policy on avian flu and pandemic influenza, placing the country under international guidelines not specifically determined by domestic agencies.

The policy shift was formalized Sept. 14, 2005, when Bush announced a new International Partnership on Avian and Pandemic Influenza to a High-Level Plenary Meeting of the U.N. General Assembly, in New York.

The new International Partnership on Avian and Pandemic Influenza was designed to supersede an earlier November 2005 Homeland Security report that called for a U.S. national strategy that would be coordinated by the Departments of Homeland Security, Health and Agriculture. The 2005 plan, operative until Bush announced the International Partnership on Avian and Pandemic Influenza, directed the State Department to work with the WHO and U.N., but it does not mention that international health controls are to be considered controlling over relevant U.S. statutes or authorities.

Under the International Partnership on Avian and Pandemic Influenza, Bush agreed the U.S. would work through the U.N. system influenza coordinator to develop a continental emergency response plan operating through authorities under the WTO, North American Free Trade Agreement and the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization.

WND could find no evidence the Bush administration presented the Influenza Partnership plan to Congress for oversight or approval.

The SPP plan for avian and pandemic influenza announced at the Canadian summit last week embraces the international control principles Bush first announced to the U.N. in his 2005 International Partnership on Avian and Pandemic Influenza declaration.

The SPP plan gives primacy for avian and pandemic influenza management to plans developed by the WHO, WTO, U.N. and NAFTA directives – not decisions made by U.S. agencies.

The U.N.-WHO-WTO-NAFTA plan advanced by SPP features a prominent role for the U.N. system influenza coordinator as a central international director in the case of a North American avian flu or pandemic influenza outbreak.

In Sept. 2005, Dr. David Nabarro was appointed the first U.N. system influenza coordinator, a position which also places him as a senior policy adviser to the U.N. director-general.

Nabarro joined the WHO in 1999 and was appointed WHO executive director of sustainable development and health environments in July 2002.

In a Sept. 29, 2005, press conference at the U.N., Nabarro made clear that his job was to prepare for the H5N1 virus, known as the avian flu.

Nabarro fueled the global fear that an epidemic was virtually inevitable.

In response to a question about the 1918-1919 flu pandemic that killed approximately 40 million people worldwide, Nabarro commented, "I am certain there will be another pandemic sometime."

Nabarro stressed at the press conference that he saw as inevitable a worldwide pandemic influenza coming soon that would kill millions.

He quantified the deaths he expected as follows: "I'm not, at the moment at liberty to give you a prediction on numbers, but I just want to stress, that, let's say, the range of deaths could be anything from 5 to 150 million."

In a March 8, 2006, U.N. press conference that was reported on a State Department website, Nabarro predicted an outbreak of the H5N1 virus would "reach the Americas within the next six to 12 months."

On Feb. 1, 2006, NORTHCOM hosted representatives of more than 40 international, federal and state agencies for "an exercise designed to provoke discussion and determine what governmental actions, including military support, would be necessary in the event of an influenza pandemic in the United States."

NORTHCOM and other governmental websites document the growing role the Bush administration plans for the U.S. military to be involved in continental domestic emergencies involving health, including avian flu and pandemic influenza.

NORTHCOM participated in a nationwide Joint Chiefs of Staff-directed exercise – code-named Exercise Ardent Sentry 06 – to rehearse cooperation between Department of Defense and local, state and federal agencies, as well as the Canadian government.

A pandemic influenza crisis was one of the four scenarios gamed in Exercise Ardent Sentry 06, involving a scenario of a plague in Mexico reaching across the border into Arizona and New Mexico.

As has been customary in SPP documents and declarations, the Montebello, Canada, announcement of the North American Plan for Avian & Pandemic Influenza acknowledges in passing the sovereignty of the three nations.

The announcement says, "The Plan is not intended to replace existing arrangements or agreements. As such, each country's laws are to be respected and this Plan is to be subordinate and complementary to domestic response plans, existing arrangements and bilateral or multilateral agreements."

Still, the SPP plan argues the risk from avian and pandemic influenza was so great to North America that the leaders of the three nations were compelled "to work collectively and with all levels of government, the private sector and among-non-governmental organizations to combat avian and pandemic influenza."

Moreover, the SPP plan openly acknowledges, "The WHO's international guidance formed much of the basis for the three countries' planning for North American preparedness and response."

WND previously reported NORTHCOM has been established with a command center at Peterson Air Force Base, tasked with using the U.S. military in continental domestic emergency situations.

WND also has reported President Bush signed in May two documents, National Security Presidential Directive-51 and Homeland Security Presidential Directive-20, which give the office of the president extraordinary powers to declare national emergencies and to assume near-dictatorial powers.

Following the Montebello summit last week, the SPP North American Plan for Avian & Pandemic Influenza was published on a made-over SPP homepage redesigned to feature agreements newly reached by trilateral bureaucratic working groups

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Solely imho they would be stacked proportionately by population. They wouldn't be in an area of complete insignificance.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yep... all planned out and ready to go

2nd line

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Yes...I do remember reading about that too.

Some of the info is here.
Obama Team Secretly Plans New Quarantine Regulations!

Pending quarentine laws have been on record since 2005 under Bush. Now the Obama Administration out of the public's eye is reviewing a change in the rules allowing quarantines of large groups of people in a very short time!?

"Travel permits" !? Trust the government!? Yeah right!

In order for this to work, it has to be collaborative. They have to trust the government

Sure...Trust the government?

Officials said the proposed regulations focused mainly on detaining small numbers of individuals. However, the rules also discussed scenarios “when it is necessary to provisionally quarantine a large group of persons on a very short time frame.”

Large Groups of people? Why? How?

That would have at least some of the rules in place if swine flu returns with a vengeance later this year, though officials are reluctant to make that link publically.

While quarantines are sometimes imposed by state and local officials on uncooperative patients federal quarantine has been almost unheard of in recent decades

Unheard of in recent decades?

The proposals to limit liberty represent a dangerous precedent to constitutional theory, particularly when there’s almost no evidence it will matter. ... It wouldn’t surprise me if they try to sneak this past in August, when people are away.

Sneak the proposals through?

The plan is backed by the CDC. “It’s important to public health to move forward with the regulations,” said Christine Pearson, a spokeswoman for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “We need to update our quarantine regulations, and this final rule is an important step.” The Office of Management and Budget has confirmed the lock-down plan is currently in “an interagency review process.”

As the flu outbreak approaches — promised to hit this autumn — we are beginning to see the full extent of the government’s plan to declare martial law and further violate the Constitution, or sideline it completely.

An outbreak of the flu is only a convenient pretext. According to Politico, analysts said the administration may want to hold new quarantine powers in reserve, for “unforeseen situations” or for diseases other than the flu.

In other words, the government may use the new lock-down regulations for political reasons. Late last year, the IMF said U.S. troops may need to be used to quell protests and bank runs during an economic crisis, according to the U.S. Army War College’s Strategic Institute.url

We all remember last fall...the first bail out....they were secretly making plans for martial law...only they had not released the "novel flu" virus yet!

It was revealed at the time by Sen. James Inhofe and Rep. Brad Sherman that Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson considered the possibility of civil unrest while he pushed for September’s Wall Street bankster bailout and even suggested martial law might be required.

There is no difference between the Bush and Obama administations concerning this!

Not terrorists we need to be concerned about...instead, tyranny!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As to your post, great infomation to use to contact our governors!

Do you have links? I dont doubt it for a minute, just thinking about all of it trying to make sense of it.

Still even if it only boils down to a few soldiers in each city...but what if they are not going to deploy the personnel to the cities,
but instead concentrate them at camps?

You know...like internment camps? I hate to say it guys...but I am thinking it! They wouldnt do this would they?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Soldiers would not likely be spread out all over the country but would be used strategically wherever a "hot spot" of unrest broke out. They would use heavy force up front to try and dissuade others from trying the same thing elsewhere.

I would be extremely worried about this if I were you. Using your own armed forces against your own citizens smacks of all the worst scenarios played out in the movies -- except this ain't pretend.

They're setting it up right now.

Wake up America.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It's rather odd that we've become so used to being a quasi-empire that it has become a controversial idea to base troops in our own country.

Better here, defending the US, than anyplace else, IMO.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Calm down, already.

I mean seriously. Everyone seems to be thinking 'OMG they are going to pack us all into FEMA Camp, mass inoculate us, implant RFIDS, then kill us, and shove us into premade coffins, and then bury us...."

Frankly folks, y'all are getting too wound up!

All this is, is preparation for serious disasters, setting up the orderly lines of distribution, communication, support and so on.

As for where are they going to get these 400k soldiers? From the bases already in our country! They are not pulling in outside soldiers, they already have them. All this is is just allowing them to move the man-power they already have, to places of crisis.

If you doubt me, look up the number of personnel stationed all across the county, in the military bases of every state.

Here, I will make is easy on you:

This Population Bulletin will focus on these issues with regard to the 1.4 million active-duty uniformed personnel currently serving in the four military branches of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and their 1.9 million dependents. This Bulletin addresses core demographic issues regarding the military population. Demography is the study of the size, distribution, and composition of a population, and focuses on such population processes as fertility (additions to the population), mortality (subtractions from the population), and migration (population mobility). This report examines the size, distribution, and composition of the American military population, plus additions to (recruitment), departures from (retirement and other separations), and mobility of that population through reassignments.

Source : findarticles.com...

Seriously folks, this is -just- predisaster prep.

Inhale, exhale and or pop your anti-anxiety meds.
M.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Defend yes. Conquer and Imprison, NO.

Second Line.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Great post!

These squirmy little b a s t a r d s have been planning this for at least 10 years, although, I've heard that it really started to go into motion in 1980.

Either way, all the PTB is doing is executing the playbook.

Ironically, their one fatal flaw in this was that in the beginning they did not anticipate the enormous flow of information that would begin to boom circa 1990 via the information age.

The internet has been our savior! The information is out there and people are now finally starting to wake up.

Other threads on ATS say that only 5% will revolt. I think that number is bigger thanks to forums like these where the information is starting to spread like wild fire.

I hope others are doing what I'm doing, I spread any important information I find to everyone in my social network. At first people thought I was a conspiracy nut, but now with this healthcare debacle and the swine flu threat, they're starting to listen.

Keep it going folks.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Through the decades, we have dealt with many disasters. Why the need now to establish this?

We have state controlled National Guard, granted most of the Reserve forces are away fighting illegal wars. There is no need for the Active duty military to do this.

Why is it anytime someone questions the things the Government does, they are worked up, over excited extremist nut jobs?

This all looks very strange to me, all this over something that may not come to pass. Yet it will still be in place.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Yes indeed, it does look suspicious. If it is routine, putting all of this together, it is total overkill!

Yes better to spread the word with intelligence and be prepared.

I am thinking it is looking like a carefully planned event.

Maybe it will be the "novel" influenza after all that all these personnel will be used for?

Although...what for? Just to keep check on unruly lines of folks wanting vaccinations?

What do they need to have armed military men in numbers such as 400,000 for?

They have already deputized the dentists, and pharmacists in

Massachusetts health authorities took the unprecedented step yesterday of deputizing dentists, paramedics, and pharmacists to help administer vaccines against both the seasonal flu and the novel swine strain expected to make a return visit in the fall.

www.boston.com...

Belk said Stockton is addressing this problem. “That is exactly what Dr. Stockton is working out right now with the governors and DHS and the National Guard,” she said. “He’s bringing all the stakeholders together.”

Belk said the legislative change is necessary in the aftermath of a “catastrophic natural disaster, not beyond that,” and she referred to Katrina, among other events.

But NorthCom’s Congressional fact sheet refers not just to a “major disaster” but also to “emergencies.” And it says, “Those terms are defined in section 5122 of title 42, U.S. Code.”

That section gives the President the sole discretion to designate an event as an “emergency” or a “major disaster.” Both are “in the determination of the President” alone.

That section also defines “major disaster” by citing plenty of specifics: “hurricane, tornado, storm, high water, wind-driven water, tidal wave, tsunami, earthquake, volcanic eruption, landslide, mudslide, snowstorm, or drought,” as well as “fire, flood, or explosion.”
www.progressive.org...

So even the ACLU is alarmed by this proposal!

So the new proposed legislation would greatly expand the President’s power to call up the Reserves in a disaster or an emergency and would extend that power to the Secretary of Defense. (There are other circumstances, such as repelling invasions or rebellions or enforcing federal authority, where the President already has the authority to call up the Reserves.)

The ACLU is alarmed by the proposed legislation. Mike German, the ACLU’s national security policy counsel, expressed amazement “that the military would propose such a broad set of authorities and potentially undermine a 100-year-old prohibition against the military in domestic law enforcement with no public debate and seemingly little understanding of the threat to democracy.”

[edit on 13-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
reply to post by Moshpet

Through the decades, we have dealt with many disasters. Why the need now to establish this?

We have state controlled National Guard, granted most of the Reserve forces are away fighting illegal wars. There is no need for the Active duty military to do this.

Why is it anytime someone questions the things the Government does, they are worked up, over excited extremist nut jobs?

This all looks very strange to me, all this over something that may not come to pass. Yet it will still be in place.

Why now?
Let's just look at the projected -possible- flu impact alone? Let's for argument say that the government has information that says the H1N1 virus is -extremely- mutable; but they are sitting on that information as to not create undo panic. (More so than already exists anyways.) Or they believe that the H1N1 could mutate to be much worse than the Black Death. In either case, they would be more than prudent to make preparations to handle that scale of a medical emergency.

Ok, State Controlled National Guard, likely would be called up in addition to the Armies 400k, no one has said they'd be allowed to sit it out. But then if you check the numbers, the guard in any one state is far less than what the Army could bring and most importantly, position in a time of real crisis.

Lastly, its a matter of perspective. When people start to jump into non-thinking panicked ruts, AKA FEMA Camps, and so on; don't you want someone to say.

"Hold up pardner, yer about to run yer horse over a cliff?"

Can the so called FEMA camps be abused? Sure, does it mean they -will-, no.

When it all comes down to the end of the matter, clear thinking will do more to protect the peoples of this nation, than say.... OMG! Panic! There' going to do _X_ to us all!

Too much panic, too little thinking, and too much reading into what is nothing more than preparation for a possible Sit X where we'll need those forces.

We, not just the government.
M.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Maybe the ACLU will start supporting gun rights after this craziness.

Good find on the ACLU response.

Although I do agree with the poster that is saying to be calm yet prepared. Irrationality is just going to make things worse.

Stay calm cool and collected and be prepared for the worst, don't act like the worst is happening right off the bat.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well it's gonna take a crapload of soldiers to take out all of "us" terrorists.
Free speech, independent thought and such label you and I as a terrorist.
Be ready...

They want a war, I'll give them one!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is what Obama has been promised, kill 50-70 million americans, declare marshall law and you will be awarded the first Pharaoh of the United States. I just hope they don't give these soldiers those 'killer pills.'

Dear Guardian Angels, Please come down and supply the American people and citizens of the world technology to defend themselves from an out of control government, military and police forces lol

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This doesn't necessarily, on its own merit, equal doom and gloom or FEMA camps, etc.

The problem is when you start adding it all up.

Obama just gave states another $2 Billion to start hiring more police.

The president said $2 billion in additional grants will be made available to help make progress towards his goal of boosting the number of police officers nationwide by 50,000. He called Vice President Joe Biden "the sheriff" and said he would make sure the money is spent as intended.
Link: politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

So, we need another 50,000 police officers.

The military is hiring.

Defense Sect’y Gates: Military To Grow By 22,000
July 20th, 2009, 5:47 PM EDT
Is this what we signed on for when we elected Barack Obama to get us out of Iraq? Now we are being told by Defense Secretary Robert Gates that the Army will add 22,000 to meet needs in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere around the world.
Link: www.alan.com...

All of our security forces are ADDING JOBS at a time when every other single business in America (save a few) are REDUCING JOBS.

Hmmmm...

Further, the government is broke. Broke beyond broke. We are borrowing money from China to stay afloat.

Makes me wonder at least what the urgency is. Outside of a few hotspots throughout the US (Detroit, New Orleans just to name two), I've not yet read a report detailing a huge surge of violence. The only people spewing on about POSSIBLE surges in violence, is Obama and his crew.

Seems like a lot of hoopla at a time when we should be CUTTING BACK for something that's only possible....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

I calculate about 70 million would die for this country in a war on our homeland. But why bring war when they just poison us through a bio attack. Maybe these troops will be brought in to keep the 'sick' away from hospitals and medical centers.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Maybe the ACLU will start supporting gun rights after this craziness.

Yes that caught my eye for sure!

But in any case folks...I agree, it is suspicios to say the least...
but stay calm, and stock up on paper towels!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Why the pentagon...why not FEMA.

400k troops isnt alot mind you but this makes little sense. Pent is national security, fema is about disaster relief.

Heres some speculation...perhaps they are going to come clean about alien interaction between us and them and want to make sure nothing too crazy goes on.

(bright side looker)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join