It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles lure visitors to Wilbur, Wash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Crop circles lure visitors to Wilbur, Wash

seattletimes.nwsource.com

WILBUR, Lincoln County — The Chamber of Commerce in Wilbur paused last year to give special thanks to an uncommon type of visitor who doesn't come around much but makes each visit count.

"Thanks to the Aliens who made Wilbur their Vacation Destination!" reads an award of appreciation.

Wilbur, a no-stoplight wheat town (population 960) 65 miles west of Spokane, is on the way to becoming the Northwest's hub for the extraterrestrial-obsessed. For the second time in three years, crop circles have mysteriously appeared in wheat fields, generating curiosity, jokes and coffee-shop debates
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've always been fascinated with crop circles, in the article, someone named Joe Nickell (who is a writer for skeptical inquirer magazine), says it is 102% of all crop circles are fake.

I have seen some really interesting crop circles, Some of them are really detailed, could all of these circles be fake? Even the really large/intricate ones?

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I live in Seattle, and might have to take a trip out there and report back. What is interesting to me is the FIRST crop circle had signs of being man made (stalks bent at an angle and ragged corners, etc.) The SECOND one showed signs of being pushed down by an energy pulse (blown out nodules, no cracked stalks, no signs of trampling in or out of the field).

What if, and only an if, whatever is making these signs/symbols took the man made crop formation as an attempt of communication by US. . thus they replied with one of their own? Makes you think, and would at least be a hypotheses as to why fake ones are mixed with the real mccoy in England.

Thoughts?

S&F for the op

[edit on 13-8-2009 by amongus]

join