It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of dying???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I have no fear anymore.

After I accepted the universe into my heart and broke it the illusions of my mind became clear and no more did I "feel" fear or hate, only love and light.

Jesus is merely a symbol, a reflection of something long lost and soon unavoidable.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I read on another website about somone who was afraid of dying and being afraid that nothing existed after this life? What are your veiws on death, and what are things you do to feel comfortable of not worrying about dying?

I do not fear death. It is entirely useless to fear that which is unavoidable. But I will admit that I don't care so much for the 'dying' part of the contract. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of say in that either so... it becomes a wasted gesture to worry about it.

Death is infact very much avoidable and it is the very fear that you have of it that has kept you alive long enough to learn how to type your rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

At the moment, safely behind your computer, of course you don’t fear death. Well, actually now that I think about it, your attempts at reasoning with what you very apparently do not understand, is a sign of fear.

Even now safely behind your computer, behind your feigned attempts at brandishing your wisdom of the universe it's clear.
Still much fear in you we sense.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Zealott]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Imagine leaving your love ones behind, imagine NOT being able to eat that steak again, feel the summer breeze, drink your favorite margarita, have sex with your lover or even just simply smell the roses.

Imagine all that will be lost when you die.

Now imagine entering a world filled to the brim with dead people

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Better Mouse Trap]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

That's not out yet.
www.youtube.com...
I agree though does look fun.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I am not afraid of dying i think its the begining of a whole new life...the afterlife.I kinda look forword to it but i want to expirince life to its fullest first.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Zeplin100]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
Imagine leaving your love ones behind, imagine NOT being able to eat that steak again, feel the summer breeze, drink your favorite margarita, have sex with your lover or even just simply smell the roses.

Imagine all that will be lost when you die.

Now imagine entering a world filled to the brim with dead people

What you have described sound very much like old age.... You will generally lose all of those abilities before you die unless you are lucky enough to die at an early enough age to miss out on the awaiting misery.... The best thing about getting old is that the time spent in pain seems to fly by so fast.... People that fear dying will never live life to its fullest unless they are satisfied in living a mediocre existence.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I totally agree in what your saying. But i read some of the posts where people almost actually faced death. Did anyone say its painful dying??? Most people said there body was more in shock state then actully intense pain. Of course this all depends on the way you die.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am under the impression that I am about as likely to remember dying as I am to remember being born or living after dying.... All of these things are really not at all relevant when you consider the vastness of it all.... Is any of it worth anything at all or at least any more important than the existence of any living organism that does its thing, dies and decomposes to become fertilizer or fuel for whatever is to occupy this rock in the future?..... All that lives have strong instincts to survive but humans are cursed with a belief that they are better and more deserving than all living beings including their own kind, to the extent that they want to live forever in order to continue their hedonistic pursuits, yet never being fulfilled and always wanting more..... They never put their lives in jeopardy to acquire a thing and never really know what they want unless they see someone else with something they don't have..... Death is the only true freedom that a person will ever have.... No more needs, wants, responsibiliy, pain, anger, frustration or awareness of positive or negative feelings or thoughts.... There really isn't anything to fear.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I think someone here said it best...im not afraid of DEATH, im just afraid of not existing. That it is quite literally "IT"
im always confused about atheists, and why they believe what they do, and what they GAIN from what they believe?
to believe in NOTHING....is still a belief isn't it?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

It is. But good luck getting them to admit that without quickly diving into a semantic argument about how it isn't really a belief. Which has me at a loss about how an opinion can be a non-opinion, especially when someone is as vociferious about the non-opinion as many of them can be.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The fear of death has never kept me awake at night....but the fear of the struggles and complexities of life has

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I want to "see something" before I die

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'm not afraid of dying, it happens every single day and its just apart of life.

You can't avoid it and it happens to everyone eventually so why fear it?

I fear other people dying more then myself because if everyone one you need and rely on is gone then what will be the point in being here yourself anymore?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Even though theese posts have been good I am surpised with the amount of people who dont fear death. If all of you dont fear death, will every single one of you, bungee jump, whitewater raft,rock climb,ice climb, ect???

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
reply to post by theuhstuf

At the moment, safely behind your computer, of course you don’t fear death. Well, actually now that I think about it, your attempts at reasoning with what you very apparently do not understand, is a sign of fear.

Even now safely behind your computer, behind your feigned attempts at brandishing your wisdom of the universe it's clear.
Still much fear in you we sense.

Yeah, sitting behind your computer, you try and judge me...good luck with that.
I have nothing to prove to anyone and no reason to find anything is this pitiful/worthless world scary.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Even though theese posts have been good I am surpised with the amount of people who dont fear death. If all of you dont fear death, will every single one of you, bungee jump, whitewater raft,rock climb,ice climb, ect???

I wish I had the money to try all of those things!!

In reality, we still have to be responsible. I want to stick around as long as possible. Rock Climbing and Whitewater rafting are statistically more dangerous than say Bowling!

For most of us, the most dangerous thing we do is drive to work and back and eat fast food! Those two things are far more likely to kill us than anything else we might try!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well about three months ago I dropped dead of a cardiac arrest. My father did cpr and EMT's had to shock me back to life. I have a whole new outlook on life now. I also had a pacemaker installed after this ordeal. To answer your question even after all of this I am scared of dying. I don't want to stop being a dad to my kid or not be with my family. I want to live and contribute to the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Fear of death: no
Fear of how I'm going to die: yeah I still have that one.

Really if I could be told how I'm going to die (maybe with dates and times so I can plan around it) I'd really have no problem with it. I just fear the randomness of it lol

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't want to die. I'm not going to spend all my life avoiding it, I'm not going to run away from it and center my life around it, but I don't want it to happen yet. Its been around me. Its kicked me down and stolen my loved ones. I don't wish to have it steal me, yet. I'm not ready to die but I'm not running away. If it wants me, it can find me. I can't stop it, you can't stop it, Bill Gates can't stop it. You can try to stop it, but it won't happen.

I'm afraid, yes. But I'm not

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join