It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of dying???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ok, it's late and I confess I did not read this entire thread, so I hope I am not repeating things already said.

I do not fear death as I have had an out of body experience and know that we are more than just a physical body. We are energy and energy does not die. Just think how amazing birth is, life.Everyone is born, everyone dies and then we go on to something else. There are some astounding stories of life after death experiences that can also prove that you go on.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm pretty scared of dying because suffering seems like something that would really suck.

I don't fear death, though, just the dying part.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I do not believe there is anything after this life. Our consciousness simply ceases to exist (since it is, after all, just chemical reactions in my brain).

Yet i am not afraid of death. Everyone is going to die, and I don't know why people will fear something so natural. However, the only thing that I am a little worried about is HOW I'm going to die. I don't want to die in a fire or crushed slowly by two giant cars for example. I wouldn't want to die of hunger or to wake up in a coffin deep underground and staying there for days until i die.

Basically i hope my death is not too violent and i hope it does not cause insane amounts of agonizing pain. I would like to die quickly and as painless as possible. You could say i fear the pain that comes with dying.

In the end, however, it does not matter how one dies, since the destination is always the same- oblivion.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I'm not afraid of dying because it is just a part of the circle of life. Humans have no power over these functions. I don't understand why people worry about things they have absolutely no control over.

People should just make the best out of the current moment they are alive. Quit worrying about the future and the past, you will learn so much about yourself and the world around you.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
All those not afraid of death will not be prepared for the afterlife. Assuming everyone lives for an eternity, that includes the billions of negative spirits you will surely encounter there.

These spirits are crafty, they have honed their skill since the dawn of time, they will crush the mentally weak and unprepared.

All the romantic poetry you've heard about death, the heavenly light, angelic family members, God's huge mansion, etc is a crock of bull#.

Why do you think some ghost are afraid to leave and move on from this existence?

Death is so frightening even ghost are scared, they would rather stay fixated here until someone leads them to the light. The funny thing is this so called light must be hard to find, that fact alone should scare you.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I appreciate your condolences, my thanks. I would just like to point out, that every one of those quotes you stated came from folks who hadn't died yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I read on another website about somone who was afraid of dying and being afraid that nothing existed after this life? What are your veiws on death, and what are things you do to feel comfortable of not worrying about dying?

This didn't happen to be one of mines.

Because i'm scared (snip)less of dying!

Hate the thought, it's like spiders for some. But more or less ultimately knowing millions of spiders will be on you at once, at any given time.

Yeah...lol except for Whisper67 who was on fearfactor.
They knew.

Dying sucks, purely. You go away forever, there is no more.

You don't see your children grow up, you don't see your parents die your brothers sisters, your family, is void. You are nothing.

Your goals in life, completely disappear, because you won't even know if they got accomplished.

Think of Einsteins life, knowing that he was going to die, and could never see the end result of the work he started, never knowing.

It's tough, but I find myself one lucky SOB, for being able to live this life. For millions of years I could of just been a badger, or TRex, living in a death like status almost for the entire life, i'm glad I get to see my surrounding, and am in despair, knowing this is the only glimpse I get.

Like walking in and seeing a movie playing watchin for 30secs, and you get really into it, and then power goes out and you never see the movie again. You know not the beginning and you do not know the end. You can speculate, but if your dead well your nothing.

This . that period, has more life then you do when you die.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
"Are you afraid of dying"...

Thats like being afraid of stubbing your toe.

Useless waste of emotion inmo.

I am afraid while living,...dying is a given.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If the afterlife really exists, which I think it could, then I would probably be comfortable at the time of my death. I would be happy with the productive life I've lived here, and be embracing what is to come.

I'm not afraid to die, just a bit anxious because I don't know what to expect. Of course I don't want to die right now, I want to live a long and fulfilled life.

Hopefully, by that stage, science through metaphysics will have some more answers on the subject and we will know a more definite answer.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
"Are you afraid of dying"...

Thats like being afraid of stubbing your toe.

Useless waste of emotion inmo.

I am afraid while living,...dying is a given.

Jesus! I hate seeing this on this thread. I usually avoid, long threads. Sometimes if their even my thread!

But it is not a waste of emotion!

We fear death, why because our whole existance is derived on this feeling!

If your not afraid of dying, then cross the street blindly. Jump off a cliff. Eat that spooky looking cheese.

Death stunts evolution, our growth ceases to exist, and a member in our ultimate community is no more, and we are stunted.

All of evolution shows that all animals have fear of death, although some are mismanaged by mans technology, but death should be feared.

Without death, life is not worth living.

We must struggle for survival.

I for one will not walk across highways, for my lack of fear of dying. Although you may cause it fear of pain, it is to! Evolution doesn't want my body crippled! I need to reproduce! I can do neither if i'm dead.

Although I'm sure many here, believe that i'll die and burn in hell forever. Or they'll go floating up to heaven and start singing praises to god for eternity, or that they'll be sleeping then come out of the ground after the tribulation, and live in the New World.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Two great lights dominate your cycle of existence in this mortal plane.

The first light, you see as you emerge from the womb. Its the light of new life. It brings with it a new breath, a new world, a new existence. From that very moment, you begin to die.

The second light is the one that you see when you emerge from this mortal existence into the next. It brings with it a newness all its own, reserved only for those that have let go of their mortal existence and have embraced that which is the next step in a long and arduous journey.

Between these two points of light are the deeds and actions you create. You are born with a free will to chose between the moral and the immoral conscience. The rules of flesh only apply so much as you allow them to.

Your journey between the points of light will decide your fate.

So, to fear death is to fear life. I do not fear...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm actually pretty optimistic about death. I do think there's something after life and think it will be just fine.
The thought of dying in a long drawn out fashion does scare me quite a bit though. I just don't see the point in laying there 2/3 dead for months/years. I don't want a pointless existence and really don't want to be a burden to anyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I admit I am scared to death of it...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Nope and if you are, it'd be best not to be stuck with me in a life threatening situation. I have an acquired dark sense of humor. If we were on a nose-diving plane, I'd probably pull a Ron White from one of his jokes.

Set-up: The captain had announced that one engine had failed while we were in mid-flight. This made the guy next to me nervous.
Passenger: Hey how far can one engine take us?
Ron: Well, I reckon it can take us all the way to the scene of the crash which is pretty convenient because thats where we're headed. I bet we beat the paramedics there by a half hour.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I'm just like you.

The idea of death scares the poop out of me, and puts a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I can't even describe. I've tried achieving an OBE, if nothing else just to ease the mind a little, but I've been unable to achieve it.

Even if I did what I thought was an OBE, I would probably try to logically explain it as a dream.It would take something intense to truly put my mind at rest...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

This is why OBEs are so significant. Apparently they are not dream like at all, very realistic. Some say more "real" than real life

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm not scared of death per se. I'm scared of dying young and suffering however. As an RN I see suffering every day. Very very painful and agonizing suffering. Suffering that makes you really question if there is any purpose to life, if there is an afterlife, if there is a loving god. I feel even if there is no afterlife our physical body's have evolved to prepare our mind for death, again that is if we die say in our sleep. Dying like some have said smashed up in a car or burning alive is very different.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I suppose there's a reason I'm not afraid. I watched the most important person in my life (my legitimate father figure) get diagnosed with cancer and wither away to nothing in alittle over a month. The whole time, nothing changed. They still joked around as they always did. The death itself devastated me and I'm pretty sure I'll never recover but watching them face it without fear has stuck with me alittle over 3 years later. I just don't get afraid in a bad situation anymore. When someone else sees something to freak out about, I see a pretty funny punchline.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I am not afraid of death, my biggest fear is leaving my family financially insecure without me.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
i would love to say like many others im not afraid of death,but im gonna be honest there is still that little fear that cringes to my heart. it's that fear that keeps me binded to this earth. I read near death experiences and have spiritual meditations or insights and i know there is nothing but good things to come after we pass on, as long as we leave accomplished and without any burdens or torment. You can read as much as you want but there will always be that little bit somewhere in your mind. it may just be fear of the unknown, but we've been there before( i believe atleast) so it should be nothing to fear but fear itself.
So yea if you are afraid don't fret it's okay to be afraid sometimes, it's just teaching you a lesson somehow.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join