It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of dying???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
death is the begginning

we have been brainwashed to fear it

when he describes the black hole edging towards the light, he didn't even want hitler or sadam to have gone in there!

that freaked me out

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
I always say, i'm not afraid of death but I am afraid of dying. If its quick and painless then fine, but who knows what it feels like to have your body shut down, could be the worst thing ever!

LOL! I always say the opposite!

I don't want to die in my sleep, or suddenly where I don't see it coming. I want to be able to fight to live! I will feel more peaceful knowing that I was able to put up a fight!

Pain is irrelavent, I have felt just about every variation of it that I can think of!

Edit to add:
Addressing your "who knows what it feels like". There are many people (including me) that have felt their bodies shutting down, or have had NDE, or have been in catastrophic situations, and your body shields you from the pain. The pain comes a little later as you recover!

[edit on 13-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

I was so scared of dying until about a year ago. I cant put my finger on why, yet, but the fear just went.

I can really say that what you have posted made me feel like - yeah actually if Im still alive then I can fight death till my heart stops beating! Thanks a lot
Also good point about the pain because the brain can overcome this if - The End is harsh.

So I guess I have to say to all of you that do fear death, dont let the fear overcome you.

Lose the fear and you will feel free, how you lose it is a question I cannot answer yet.

Peace and love

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I read on another website about somone who was afraid of dying and being afraid that nothing existed after this life? What are your veiws on death, and what are things you do to feel comfortable of not worrying about dying?

Great thread, thanks for this

Flagged N Starred

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I fear it in the way that is instictive for every organism to fear death. And for mankind to fear the unknown. But, I think that is merely start of the next great adventure. But won't know for sure til I get there. If even then. Might as well enjoy the ride regardless. It is the journey that's most important after all. Not the goal.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I don't think about my death much, I want to enjoy life. Since my parents died I do think it is important to preplan what to do with the corpse. I am giving mine to the Body Farm at UT. I think our spirits are given new bodies if they want one

[edit on 13-8-2009 by moonshinegrrl]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

yes and no

if I was about to be eaten by a crocodile (or about to fall off a cliff, or about to be hit by the ever popular bus of death) I'd be terrified for however long that moment lasted

we're all afraid of dying

but if I'm just sitting in a comfy chair, staring out the window pondering the whole thing - not really that much

I figure it's one of two possibilities - either it's over - or it's not

I'm actually less afraid of it just being over - won't even need to think about that one

but if it's not really over - Lucy might have some 'splainin' to do

:-)

I think I have it backwards from most folks

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I read on another website about somone who was afraid of dying and being afraid that nothing existed after this life? What are your veiws on death, and what are things you do to feel comfortable of not worrying about dying?

I do not fear death. It is entirely useless to fear that which is unavoidable. But I will admit that I don't care so much for the 'dying' part of the contract. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of say in that either so... it becomes a wasted gesture to worry about it.

i think you put it very well. Its going to happen, whats the point in being of fear of it?
exactly what im trying to do these days...it seems that when man began to "QUESTION" things...this has been his question, that lead him "downhill"

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I'm not afraid of dying or how I'm going to go.

It's the thought of not existing anymore that scares me.

actually...u said it quite well too haha
(guess i should read the rest before i post)

death is whatever to me, but i dont want to die...it gets black...and i realize wow really?? this is it!??!
lol
we all know in our hearts and souls, even the craziest evil person KNOWS...this is not it...we all have that "gut feeling"

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
I always say, i'm not afraid of death but I am afraid of dying. If its quick and painless then fine, but who knows what it feels like to have your body shut down, could be the worst thing ever!

reminds me of the movie POWDER...when the deer gets shot...and he starts crying, then grabs the hunters arm, and makes him FEEL THE TERROR, the pain...the sadness of an unexpected slow dying death.
At the end of the movie he says something like "i'll never hunt again, what that boy did....i wanted to die...i was so scared"

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm scared a hell about whats going to happen when I die and you should be too.

Think about it, all our lives we get prepared for death in advance with religious rhetoric, we are taught in order to save our soul we must follow a certain path.

This means there will be some sort of battle when we die. I don't want to battle # when I die, just lead me to the gates of heaven.

Of course, that type of wishful thinking will not happen. Things will get real ugly when we cross over. Prepare yourself s my friends. Enjoy life on this Earthly plane while you can.

People don't say "may you rest in peace" for nothing, you will need all the RIP's you can get.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I used to be afraid of dying. Then I was in a car accident and I calmly thought 'I am going to die now'. Course I didn't, but I thought of Corrie Ten Boom who asked her father at the train station when she would get her ticket and he said when it was time to get on the train. I thought of that and realized when the time of death comes you will be given the peace needed to move on.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Like many others, I'm far more afraid of some of the things that can happen in life (especially physical pain) than I am by the act of dying itself, or the possibility of simple nonexistence.

It has been my observation over the years that, curiously, those who hanker for "eternal life" are often some of the most miserable people I know. Personally, I think 70 or 80 years of this "consciousness" stuff is more than any reasonable sentient being should be asked to handle. The cool, calm darkness of eternal nothingness and non-existence seems much more attractive to me than another round of awareness or existence in any form...especially on a hot summer day with my gimpy leg acting up and creating massive pain.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Yours is a fantastic post

Nice to know you're out there somewhere

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have no fear of death, death is easy and peaceful... Life on the other hand is not always so easy or peaceful...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
To hell with ya'll! I'm scared #less of dying. Thats the whole point of living is to not die!

I don't want to be stuck in a hole...piss on that.

I've lost my best friend, my grandfather and my mother all in a year and a half. I don't want ANY part of death.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
To hell with ya'll! I'm scared #less of dying. Thats the whole point of living is to not die!

I don't want to be stuck in a hole...piss on that.

I've lost my best friend, my grandfather and my mother all in a year and a half. I don't want ANY part of death.

My sympathy for your losses. As I have stated elsewhere on this board, I know how hard it can be to lose people. So too, I suspect, do most human beings...and if they don't yet, they learn soon enough.

In the meantime, some food for thought:

"Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death."
-Anonymous

"All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live."
- Mark Twain

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
-Norman Cousins

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hi there. I used to have an irrational fear of death when I was young, but my views have changed a lot. I created a thread earlier this year dealing with the issue. It did not have many replies, but the replies given were pretty good. If you are interested, please have a browse through there as I think the thread will address your questions.

I used to be a necrophobe

Nobody can prove what death actually holds for those after this life is done. I guess it just comes down to not worrying about that which we do not and cannot really understand in this life.

[edit on 14/8/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thought/Conscious doesn't die with the body because it was never combined with the body to begin with.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I will admit it bothers me a great deal. I try not to think about it. It is the most vexing question I can think of.

I just hope I live long enough to see some cool stuff, like the defeat of the NWO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join