It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of dying???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Similar approach here rams. Don't fear it OP. At the present, it's pretty much out of our control avoiding it. Don't let it get you down so much.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Death can be a great teacher. I don't know if I could live rightfully if it wasn't for Death.

very profound. that statement makes me think.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

It's the thought of not existing anymore that scares me.

That about sums it up for me. I could go on for a few pages, but yeah. Simple truth.

Why the fear though?

This thread seems eerily familiar.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'd rather be dead than go thru the process of dying. I have seen people suffer or be unconcious for days/weeks before they actually die. When I die, I would rather it be in an instant. No fear. No suffering. Just death.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm not scared of dying but what I do fear is being reborn into a family of numpties. The very thought gives me the shivers. OMG!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Anyway you could discrible your NDE? I'd like to know what the shutting down felt like.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I have to agree with you on that one. The Universe seems to perfect to think that when you die that is it....... I have seen ghost so it makes me think maybe thats what is for me after death. But the n how borning would that be a ghost and watch Humans do what you use to do. That would SUCK..

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I am surprised everyone so far has said the don't fear it!
i also have no fear. even to go so far as to say,
it looks more apealing then becomeing very old. for the most part, with
a few varied exceptions, that looks like alot of pain to me. sown up all my beliefs. did the near death ob thing so hear this,THERE IS AN AFTER LIFE.
as far as being afraid there is nothing, that would probly be a blessing to a great many, if it were true. it isn't. but there are other ways to beat the fear, if that's what's up by your thread.
for one thing nobody gets out of here alive. think of how many have gone be fore you.billions? the same amount were born, and you got thru that ok.
you can look at death to be the great mystery finaly solved. you can look at
w/ expectations of going on the greatest adventure the mind could imagine.
it could be the ultimate in freedom.
as for me i believe all of this can be true at the same time .
but you do need the winning ticket.ticket NO. 141

[edit on 13-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

that is funny

did you see this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

It's the thought of not existing anymore that scares me.

Lets see if I can help...
You wouldn't be afraid of something that doesn't exist, right?
So, what if I said that non-existence does not exist?
The existence of non-existence is paradoxical. It simply makes no sense.
So there you go, no need to fear non-existence anymore since its just absurd!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

Anyway you could discrible your NDE? I'd like to know what the shutting down felt like.

In my case, it wasn't anything interesting. Just a surreal feeling like you know the danger, and you know you might die, but you are completely physically numb. It was total instinct for several moments. I was in an explosion and subsequent fire. I was severely injured and burned.

I was told that I was screaming for a moment as I ran 'through' a door and some debris, but I don't remember it. I have some 'snapshots' of memory while it happened, but nothing from the other side, and no pain! I woke up in the ambulance and again in the ER, and again in the lifeflight.

Since I was screaming, I guess my body noticed the pain, but my consciousness never did!

The following weeks and months hurt a WHOLE LOT! LOL! That is why the pain seems insignificant.
[edit on 13-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

[edit on 13-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not really, but I'm afraid I won't exist.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thank you for all the great posts so far keep them up! But back to the topic, None of you are atlittle afriad of death? Like i know there isen't anything we can do about it, but the whole ideas around there nothing after death is pretty depressing. Do any of you belive in reincarnation?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
reply to post by wigit

that is funny

did you see this?

www.youtube.com...

Wow! That is kinda scary. Reminds me of when I was little I was stuck in a black scary place and could see a glint of light. I think it was a "sleep paralysis" thing. I had to struggle towards the light and started singing Jesus Loves Me. All the time I was petrified of the blackness behind me. When I got out through the light I was able to move and found myself in bed.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How can you be afraid, truly, of something you do not know? I mean, yeah, it scares me, but more for the fact of who I leave behind. When we die, we die...can't be scared I guess

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I Use to be afraid of Death, When I was in The Army, My first Deployment to Afgan in 2001 scared the sh*t out of me. But I diddnt see any action. So In 2003 in Iraq I was Again VERY SCARED, this wasnt some rag tag army we were fighting but Saddams Finest, after some near misses it occured to me that when its my time to go its my time. So I stopped worring about it. Although I hope to die at an old age and live to raise my children, thats the only thing I am afraid of now.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm really scared of dying. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and given a few years to live. The darkness of the fear i experienced was horrible during those first few weeks. The fear gripped me each night as I came to terms with dying at such a young age, all i could think of was the tragedy that would consume my family and friends. I lay in bed thinking of the funeral and even if i wanted it to be it would never be a happy occaision.

I have even been told to write my will, which i refuse to do. Im 30 years old and am not going anywhere yet.

I really don't believe in life after death, so i am scared, but my survival instinct has managed to put those fears to the back of my mind so i can keep on living.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of dying at all. In spite of not believing in life after death, soul or any religion, it does not scare me.
For me when you die it's over, so might as well enjoy the time you are here
And if I was wrong all along and there's life after death, god or soul or some metaphysical existence, even better, I'll cross that bridge when it comes the time to cross it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

there is a country song called Live like you were dieing. It brings a tear to my eye when I hear it simply because we should all do those things that we love, and do them often. But we are too busy. You have truly been given a gift. A gift of life. You are able to know how precious life really is when the rest of us are too busy to worry with that right now. I am truly sorry your time here is short, but you have to make the best of it and enjoy the company of your family. Make them only remember the good things and give them plenty of memories to have. The memory of your love is the greatest gift anyone can give.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

did you see this

man, that's what i'm talking about. what more proof could someone
need? i mean here's a guy, who not only sounds, like he knows what he's talking about. he has the scars to prove it. that blackness, is what you fear op.
life is a death sentence. this is the half way point.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by randyvs]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join