It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Admire Islamic justice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Though most Americans and Britons claim to despise Sharia Law and other forms of justice in the Islamic world, there are also calls to allow the victims' family to meter out their own justice, and calls for harsher, crueler punishments in belief this will cause deterrence or just because of a belief in reactive justice, which is exactly what Islamic justice is about.

Yet, the countries that do this also do things like honor killings of innocent women and punish victims as well as criminals in an attempt to literally bury the crime in the past. Which to me, shows that reactive justice is not coming from good intentions, and is really a huge step back.

So what do you think? Do you prefer our system, the Sharia system, or do you dislike both?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well in the UK we have a recent case of a baby being murdered by its own parents through neglect and abuse over a long period of time.

Now that the parents have been named and shamed we are informed it will cost the tax payer millions to keep them safe from retribution. They will need special isolated jail space, she will get a new identity when she is released, posibly plastic surgery to change her appearance and a safe house to live in.

I'm against it.

Either put a bullet in the back of their heads... end of.

Or let them go to jail like any other criminal and suffer whatever comes their way. And when they get out if they make it out let them fend for themselves.

I dunno which law category I fit into.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

So what do you think? Do you prefer our system, the Sharia system, or do you dislike both?

I really can't say that I know enough about Sharia to either pan or approve of it but what I can, and will say is that I prefer that which I am familiar with. Moreover, I believe that when there is an already established system of laws, they should be respected and not usurped in favor of another merely because of religious or political expediency.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I prefer the system of no knowledge to disbehave no disbehaving.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How come it is the societies with the most crime that are most vengeful? Is it because the good people are outraged and righteously bloodthirsty, or is it because a brutal mentality is just so prevalent in that society?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Do I admire them stoning to death homosexuals simply for being homosexual?
Do I admire them whipping rape victims? etc etc
HELL NO.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Do I admire them stoning to death homosexuals simply for being homosexual?
Do I admire them whipping rape victims? etc etc
HELL NO.

Me either!

I think that shows why retributive justice is not for the victims' sake - it's just to get a rush off legalized violence. If we went back to hanging people in public, etc, we would also go back to hanging gay people and stoning people for being raped.

new topics

top topics

join