It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus Transparency Watchdogs Keep Contract Details a Secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Stimulus Transparency Watchdogs Keep Contract Details a Secret

www.propublica.org

Back in July, a software company named Smartronix landed an $18 million contract to build a Web site where taxpayers could easily track billions in federal stimulus money. It was just another part of the Obama administration’s ongoing effort to bring transparency to stimulus spending, we were told.

But it seems the drive for transparency doesn’t cover the contract itself.

After weeks of prodding by ProPublica and other organizations, the General Services Administration released copies of the contract and related documents that are so heavily blacked out they are virtually worthless.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Another back-door approach by Obama.

In short, the company responsible for maintaining the NEW website that is going to be used to let the world know where our tax dollars are being spent, also known as the stimulus bill, just won't tell us what they get or who they are.

This folks is being designed and being paid for -- to the tune of multi-millions -- to ensure transparency throughout the government.

This should make for some very interesting conspiracy theories as to whom is on their board of directors, council groups, etc.

I can't think of one single legit reason for this many pages to be redacted:

In all, 25 pages of a 59-page technical proposal — the main document in the package — were redacted completely. Of the remaining pages, 14 had half or more of their content blacked out.

That's almost half of the document! Anybody want to take a guess as to the reasons behind all the secrecy?

www.propublica.org

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I can't say that I am terribly surprised.

After all, KPMG is one of those 'corporations' that finds itself in MANY such tax-payer funded contracts that we know so little of....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I'm not surprised either. But then I wasn't one who bought into the whole "Change we can depend on" nonsense.

I'm a firm believer that Obama gives with one hand and takes back twice as much with the other. This is just one more example of the extreme LACK of transparency in the government.

Hmmmm...I sense the need for a new czar to be appointed to watch the watchers......

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Populist banter sold that phrase along with a few others. Obama however, is simply the face the parties put on the 'changes' THEY want. Perhaps they knew we would be more tolerant of him, than some old-time politician that has already been caught in so many lies and manipulations that it would have just made things harder.... for them to secure their never-ending ride on the gravy train.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I always laughed when people said: "Well, he has very little experience..."

Well of course he had no experience. With experience comes more and more lies.

The only way to get a candidate with a somewhat clean record is to go to someone that hasn't had enough time to get an actual record!

Although, Obama does get kudos. I know of not many other politicians that have racked up this many lies in only 8 or so months! Impressive to say the least. I figure he'll use the first two years of his term destroying us, and the last two telling us he's the only one that can save us from ourselves. That should buy him another term,

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Another back-door approach by Obama.

In short, the company responsible for maintaining the NEW website that is going to be used to let the world know where our tax dollars are being spent, also known as the stimulus bill, just won't tell us what they get or who they are.

This folks is being designed and being paid for -- to the tune of multi-millions -- to ensure transparency throughout the government.

This should make for some very interesting conspiracy theories as to whom is on their board of directors, council groups, etc.

I can't think of one single legit reason for this many pages to be redacted:

In all, 25 pages of a 59-page technical proposal — the main document in the package — were redacted completely. Of the remaining pages, 14 had half or more of their content blacked out.

That's almost half of the document! Anybody want to take a guess as to the reasons behind all the secrecy?

www.propublica.org

Funny, like his BC .... its a HUGE JOKE on the American Public!!! same old garbage differnt suit is all.

top topics

join