It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwoods
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Hi Gordi,

word for word they say: "Arctic Sea is heading toward Cameroon".
So if they can say heading to Cameroon it should be passed Cape Verde and also Sierra Leone and Liberia.

But as we have seen, news are not 100% reliable. ITAR-Tass has get this information from some diplomacy source in Brussel. We don't know "agenda" of this source and how they have determined that vessel is heading to the Cameroon direction.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by northwoods]

Thanks north,
Even if we take Liberia as the current claimed position, that's still about 3000km from the point (500 miles west of northern cape verde) where vessel was last "seen". At max speed of 10.3km, it would still take the Arctic Sea over 12 days, (from Fri 14/8) to reach it, and that equates to 26/8??

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macrento
Russki Trickery

Surely it involves nothing more sinister than illegal codfish trawling in the North Sea. Russian trawlers are experts at this. Whenever one of these gets caught by the Norwegian coast guard and is fined and placed on the black list it eventually vanishes and is never seen again. I assume that cargo ships can be turned into fishing ships,

Sort of an ungainly fishing ship don't you think?

The cost of converting that hull to dealing with nets and fish processing, though not impossible it is not really what you would call "economically viable"

None the less, this is not an incredibly large ship based on availible specs.. roughly 318 feet long and approx 4700 tons.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
*SERDYUKOV SAYS ARCTIC SEA FOUND 300 MILES OFF CAPE VERDE *RUSSIA FINDS MISSING FREIGHTER ARCTIC SEA, SERDYUKOV SAYS *RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTER SERDYUKOV IN ASTRAKHAN ON ARCTIC SEA *SERDYUKOV SAYS RUSSIAN CREW OF ARCTIC SEA IS ALIVE AND WELL
*SERDYUKOV SAYS ARCTIC SEA FOUND AT 1 A.M. TODAY MOSCOW TIME

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
What about the cargo carried? Maybe some nuclear waste???

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Yes, something is not right in that news.
I think that Cameroon is just someones conclusion about calculations and informations they have, not the real observation on sea.

If African west-coast somewhere is the location, hijackers should soon go ashore. Based on company Solchart Arkhangelsk which crew is on ship and which organizes foods and supplies on board, says that Arctic Sea has fuel and food about end of this month but now there is more men onboard, hijackers...did they bring own food..maybe :-)
Ship has fuel enough till end of month but if they run full speed then they have about 2 days fuel left. So this is going to end soon.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dickbar

*SERDYUKOV SAYS ARCTIC SEA FOUND 300 MILES OFF CAPE VERDE *RUSSIA FINDS MISSING FREIGHTER ARCTIC SEA, SERDYUKOV SAYS *RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTER SERDYUKOV IN ASTRAKHAN ON ARCTIC SEA *SERDYUKOV SAYS RUSSIAN CREW OF ARCTIC SEA IS ALIVE AND WELL
*SERDYUKOV SAYS ARCTIC SEA FOUND AT 1 A.M. TODAY MOSCOW TIME

Ooh....now we have something..!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Russia says it has found a missing cargo vessel near the Cape Verde islands and retrieved its Russian crew.

Defence Minister Anatoly Serdyukov said that the 15-strong crew had been taken on board a Russian vessel. They were in good condition, he said.

The Finnish-owned Arctic Sea was last sighted in the Bay of Biscay on 30 July.

On Saturday police in Finland said a ransom demand had been made for the vessel, which was carrying timber.

The 4,000-tonne Maltese-flagged vessel went off radar after passing through the English Channel.

There has been huge speculation over the reason for the ship's disappearance, ranging from pirates to a mafia dispute to a commercial quarrel.

Panic over!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think that there is reason for that adventure. Vodka did not do that

hijackers....I believe they are gone...with money.

OR.....

This was operation organized by russian military. Biskaya Bay fake signal and so on...and of course, Russian warship "found" Arctic Sea.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This will be interesting now! (if they have found it!)
Let's see what the "official" version ends up like.

My best guess is that "secret" cargo has now been disappeared.
The crew (if they are alive and well) were probably removed, either by inflatable (24/7) or chinook (29/7).
To be re-united with their vessel, minus secret cargo, shortly before being found by the Russians.

No "pirates" no real ransom demand.

They'll probably say something like, "the hijackers abandoned the vessel when we were closing in on them, they reolised their position was impossible, and unfortunately got away"

G

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So now what? They just took the Russian crew off and left the ship to drift about in the Atlantic?
This still isn't making any sense to me at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
"There were no pirates on board when the ship was found and everything was peaceful"

Uh... what?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yes, many things yet to be explained.

Russia Today has a news piece about it, here, and another related article about "lack of maritime co-operation in the EU" here.

PS: I think that if my calculations are right, Cameroon would be the farthest away this ship could go with a full tank.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I haven't been keeping up with every page of this thread so forgive if this has been posted CNN MSM CONSPIRACY THEORIES COVERED

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You know, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. This whole incident has been nothing but strange from the git-go; so much so that I am beginning to think that it is just a real snippet of bungled up reality -- no secret anything, no deceit, just plain old human bungling up.

Ill still be watching for answers tho, if its even possible that anything resembling truth will come out.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

That fireman isn't on the ship. That was done on the 14th, several weeks after the ship disappeared.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along please, nothing to see here.

Crew is safe, Cargo (of timber) is safe, ship is safe... nothing to see here.
Those nasty hijackers must have got away (surprise surprise!!)
or they'll blame it on the crew! Bad crew! Naughty crew! Trying to steal nice boat!

No nukes here folks, nothing to see here.

The SBS/Navy Seals must be loving this!

P.S. Anyone want to buy a couple of second-hand russian warheads by the way?

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Gordi The Drummer]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
"So what's the plan Ryan?"

"Plan?"

"The Russians don't take a crap without a plan"

(Best as I can remember it)

[edit on 17-8-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
P.S. Anyone want to buy a couple of second-hand russian warheads by the way?

So, you were the one behind all this.
Bad Gordy! (Gordy? Isn't that a Russian name?)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

latest news

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Wether this was a Russian military training exercise and testing the Nato+EU or there was something dangerous in cargo...or some smuggling/faked hijack operation managed by crew, media will get long waited "official" explanation soon and that of course is that Arctic Sea was hijacked and hijackers has gone with the wind.

Interesting to wait and see what will be official explanation behind the synopsis.

All credits to Russian Navy!

Za vashe zdrovie tovariŝ!

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join