It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
just been looking on CNN, Fox and BBC and i cant see anything about this story now!!

It seems they are keeping us all even more in the dark about this now.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Until the nuke goes off in the US... then we won't be able to get them off of it

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

its crazy. its like someone, or some organisation has told all the MSM to get their stories off their sites until they can all agree on one!!!

A huge story and its not on the homepage for any of the above MSM. whats going on??!!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

There are logical reasons to keep the public (and the owners of the purported "hidden cargo") in the dark and we have no way of truly knowing what is going on. One thing we can be certain of, and that is that through these thirty pages of analysis and conjecture there have probably been some bits of information disclosed that were not previously known to those seeking to find the vessel. Many of us have arrived at some form of conclusion as to what may actually be happening and we find it to be in the best interests of ourselves and our nations not to inadvertently offer any information which may be of value to anyone who may have interests that are counter to those of ourselves and our countries. Although this may be an interesting challenge, and perhaps even a fun game to many of us, it is obviously a matter of life and death to those directly involved and could potentially even result in war if some of the suppositions are found to be true.
With the foregoing thought in mind, perhaps it is best that everyone ask themselves prior to posting any new revelations or hypothesis not currently available through the public media "Is my post truly in the best interests of my country and world peace? or is it simply for personal gratification which could inadvertantly result in serious unforseen consequences"?
This is potentially a very serious matter and requires us to exercise some serious forethought prior to posting.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Old Farmer]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Old Farmer

"Deny Ignorance" ?

Was trying to find counterarguements to what you said but these two words say it all

edit: typo

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Fedge]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
hmmm. being new to ATS n all but however reading and studying as well as observing. I recall some of u guys mention the fact that ATS could be inflirtrated....... thus being said, my personal opinion pertaining to old farmers post on the rest of us potentialy releasing info to the wrong people? based on some of our ideals as to what may or may not be? come on maybe its just me but something with your post just doesnt settle well with me. In fact it sounds just like someone connected to the PTB trying to shut us up and keep the wool pulled over our eyes......i thought the plan was to let the world kno that we are watching listening and we arent going to let them get away with what ever they wish too. I think that ship was transporting nukes or some type of illicit weapon. You dont send 5 warships after drugs you send ATF FBI CIA or some other type agency. If not nukes than its a ploy for russia to be in a key military position.. Im just wondering what the united states is thinking

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Old Farmer

Hmm, so you're suggesting that this forum is read by "many" and the topic is too hot for discussion?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
A wife of one of the sailors on the Arctic Sea told reporters she received a very odd SMS-message on July 28. It only said "too much work to do," and contained no usual phrases such as "love" or "I miss you," as if it had been sent under duress.

Daily Mail wrote that Arctic Sea crew members wife got all the same identical SMS message from their husbands rigth after 24/7 the "hijacking" day. I'm not sure wether this is rumor or not, Police has not confirmed that.

Right now: Finnish National Bureau Of Investigation has confirm that near Helsinki in Vantaa locates now International Operational Center of Arctic Sea investigation. The Swedish police have posted pictures ship beaten crew.
According to police, the images displayed bruises and broken teeth.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by northwoods]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well,what ever reason the ship dissapeared the Russian navy seem very determined to find it.2 subs and several several surface vessels.This sounds like the hunt for red october.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

We shail into hishtory!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
this whole story is a great plot for a hollywood movie. It could have a heap of alternate endings. how cool!!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It's seriously looking like the drip feed of info/disinfo has dried up? Do you think they'll just let the whole affair die off and hope everyone forgets, or do you think they'll eventually come up with some perfectly mundane explanation, i.e. "we paid the ransom, secured release of the hostages, the pirates have run off and no, sorry, we don't seem to be able to find them"?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

hehe No Worries ArMaP!
I actually detected a wee compliment in there??? lol

In answer to your counter-points;

"thoughtsfull only said "on the approximate day", so maybe a better confirmation of the date will help on that "front", if it was the day before it's hardly related to it."

Sorry, but no, he actually stated that the middle of 3 chinooks which initially flew over, was photographed by him, at 2pm on 29/7.
According to the AIS tracking systems, Arctic Sea was still in the English Channel, only a few miles from him (almost straight off-shore) at that time, so I think that this is almost certainly related to it.

"Something HUGE has just happened."
- "That is just speculation."

I suppose it is, but how else can you describe an event that triggers the Russian premier to rush through emergency legislation, which allows him to send the russian fleet into the Atlantic, chasing "pirates"?
The sending of several Akula class subs to the US Eastern Seaboard?
Finnish govt. departments ordering the testing of the port of departure (Pietarsaal) for radiation? Then denying doing so, then blaming it on a stupid fire chief?? lol
RAF Chinooks performing multiple sorties into the exact area of the known position of the Arctic Sea Transponder on 29/7?
The reported boarding of a freighter, in the Baltic Sea by armed "police" who turn out Not to be real Police?
The "official" story that it may be a case of Piracy? (The first in Swedish waters since the 16th Century!!!)
The announcement in the press, of Ransom demands?
The blacking out of AIS in the Baltic Sea, following an activation of the Arctic Sea's AIS transponder there?
Over 20 countries co-operating in the search for the vessel??
Sounds pretty huge to me!

"Algeria is too far from the Middle East, they need to pass Libya and Egypt to get to that area."

True, but Algeria was merely the destination which was logged for the transport of the Timber cargo. And it is located more than 90% of the way from Russia to the Middle East... which is why I said Algeria was en-route to the middle east, Who's to say that the next step of the journey, wouldn't have been taking Algerian goods to Lebanon/Syria...etc?

This morning in the UK, there is NO MENTION of the incident at all, on any of the news pages on the BBC interactive news service (ceefax).
Or on the BBC TV morning news bulletins.

I think I'll stand by my earlier statements!!!
G

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by northwoods

Hi Northwoods,

The Swedish authorities said that they had photos and WRITTEN STATEMENTS from the crew on or around 29/7.
HOW did they get them???
G

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
First new article in a while:

bsanna-news.ukrinform.ua...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old Farmer

There are logical reasons to keep the public (and the owners of the purported "hidden cargo") in the dark and we have no way of truly knowing what is going on. One thing we can be certain of, and that is that through these thirty pages of analysis and conjecture there have probably been some bits of information disclosed that were not previously known to those seeking to find the vessel. Many of us have arrived at some form of conclusion as to what may actually be happening and we find it to be in the best interests of ourselves and our nations not to inadvertently offer any information which may be of value to anyone who may have interests that are counter to those of ourselves and our countries. Although this may be an interesting challenge, and perhaps even a fun game to many of us, it is obviously a matter of life and death to those directly involved and could potentially even result in war if some of the suppositions are found to be true.
With the foregoing thought in mind, perhaps it is best that everyone ask themselves prior to posting any new revelations or hypothesis not currently available through the public media "Is my post truly in the best interests of my country and world peace? or is it simply for personal gratification which could inadvertantly result in serious unforseen consequences"?
This is potentially a very serious matter and requires us to exercise some serious forethought prior to posting.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Old Farmer]

There are indeed logical reasons why the public may not be informed of all of the details relating to a potential hijack/hostage situation.

But, How is it certain, that through these pages we have disclosed information that was not available to those seeking the vessel?
Are you saying that The Russian Military / Secret Services and NATO, in conjunction with "over 20 countries" assisting in the search, and all of their intelligence gathering communities, won't already have thought of all of the possibilities that we have? What info. are you referring to exactly?
and How does this info assist those "who may have interests that are counter to those of ourselves and our countries."?
If the vessel has been hijacked, then I think the Hijackers would know that? If it hasn't... then whoever is responsible for it's "disappearance" already knows what's happened? If you think that the US/UK is responsible then, don't you think the Russians would have figured that out by now?
My understanding is that this website is a forum which seeks to Deny Ignorance and seek the truth.
If you have more specific reasons for thinking that we are putting lives at risk, then by all means please share them, or u2u me if you don't want it made public. I will then perhaps begin to understand?
In the meantime, I'm going to keep watching this situation develop, and will share any findings that I feel are relevant.
G

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

I agree. This post does imply that you know something we don't. Of course, asking you to share is a bit pointless in light of the rest of your post. Unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Hi Northwoods,

The Swedish authorities said that they had photos and WRITTEN STATEMENTS from the crew on or around 29/7.
HOW did they get them???

I don't know anymore which is true or which is rumor/disinformation. Obviously every detail about case and possible investigation of hijacking will be not told us. But If this is true then there has been contact to ship with cellphones and multimedia messages including pictures or with chinooks etc? ;-)

[edit on 17-8-2009 by northwoods]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Last night I decided to have a good look at the Kaliningrad enclave in order to rule out, or in, as it may be, what sort of cargo might be in question here. I have found no information on known biological warfare facilities in the region. It seems these were disestablished in the face of the German invasion of ww2 and never set up too far west of Moscow again. Chemical weapons can also, in my opinion, be ruled out, as it is probably easier to manufacture rather than steal. There also seems to be no source of fissionable materials, that are not already weaponised. There are conventional and nuclear weapons storage areas in Kaliningrad, and these are, in my opinion, the only logical source of the "shipment".

It is important to realize that Kaliningrad does not border mainland Russia and has well patrolled borders with neighboring countries. This implies, that whatever "has gone missing" originated in Kaliningrad.

[edit on 17/8/2009 by Voiceoftreason]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by northwoods

I was thinking the same thing, the ship supposedly never went to port after the first attack, how did Sweden do and investigation??????

None of this makes any sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join