It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This seems odd to me.

Ship with "Unknown cargo" goes missing.

Later two Russian Akula class submarines are spotted operating off the U.S. East Coast.

It has been years since Russia operated near the U.S. seaboard, thousands of miles from home ports.

"What's interesting is, they haven't been able to do this in some time, and now they are. It indicates a return to their ability to do this," the senior defense official said.

CNN Article on Russian Subs

If you think these events are not related think again. This was found in the OP's source article.

Russia's navy fleet and two nuclear submarines have been scrambled as efforts intensified to locate the Maltese-flagged Arctic Sea and its 15-strong Russian crew.

Source

The timing is also too coincidental.

This cargo ship was boarded on the 24th and last contact was made on the 28th. Now on August 8th U.S. media reports indicate that two Russian Nuclear submarines are operating off the U.S. East Coast.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

And if the cargo is only worth 1.6 million ... why all the fuss of scrambling Russian subs?

American ships go down all the time (worth more than 1.6 million), but I can't remember the last time we sent Subs to the rescue - backed-up, of course, by space-based technology.

One thing's for sure ... something's afoot.

Remember the last couple of weeks the reports of Russian Akula Subs off the East Coast of U.S. They were supposedly "sight-seeing" and "bored between exercises."

Now they happen to be in prime position to assist in this search?

Something is certainly afoot!

Edit: LOL! Studious posted the same thing while I was typing mine!

[edit on 13-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

A big FAT STAR for you I forgot all about that.
The plot thickens. Possibility of someone going rogue?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Perhaps the Captain thinks hes Ramius and decides to defect, hence why 2 Akula class attack boats are patrolling near the east coast.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I was thinking the same thing.

Hopefully the Russian crew just wants to see Montana.
(Those who have seen the movie will know what I'm talking about.)

But unfortunately I think something more sinister may be afoot.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If somebody wanted to create real terror situation on some eastern sea port or any world port for that matter they don't have to pop off a nuke they can create a dirty bomb and spread radioactivity all over the place.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Being a captain of a secret cargo is pretty tempting enough to defect to the U.S. and the Russians are trying to prevent it from happening.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Wait, why does it have to be U.S.A/Israel? The ship came from RUSSIA, with RUSSIAN MEN.

You do know that Russia, China and a few others have their own NWO in mind right?

But I think you are right, something was found in this ship that the authorities decided not to report.

There is a real possibility this was loaded with a nuclear warhead for all we know. This is not the first time Russia does something like this.

Remember the Chinese vessel which apparently could have had a Russian Topol-M intercontinental ballistics missile and the Russian navy sinked the ship?

www.youtube.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe Russia was trying to do something similar involving a Chinese nuclear weapon?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

What's your take on this Deltaboy?
Doesn't it strike you as somewhat...unusual?

A Russian owned, cargo vessel, laden with Timber, sails from Finland, having previously been docked at Kaliningrad, Russia, (where nuclear warheads are stockpiled).
It is then boarded by "Swedish" Anti-Drugs police, (that the Swedish government knows nothing about). They tie up the crew for 12 hours, damage the communications? then leave in inflatables.
The ship then manages to contact the authorities 4 days later, only to later disappear, completely without trace.

AND as quoted in one of the source articles;

"On Monday, President Dmitry Medvedev submitted a draft law to the State Duma that would entitle the Kremlin, for the first time, to deploy Russian military forces overseas at its discretion “to protect Russian citizens” and to “combat piracy.” The very next day, Mr. Medvedev ordered Russian forces into action to “find, and if need be, free the ship Arctic Sea.”

In other words, when he found out that the vessel was "missing", the Russian President rushed through a law which allowed him to deploy the Russian Navy, to combat piracy?
The Russians now have at least FIVE warships hunting for the vessel, and it's cargo of.... timber???

Yeah, there's definitely nothing to see here. Move along please, nothing to see here, everything is in order.
G

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Pure specualtion regarding the bomb.

There is not enough data to come up with a good theory where the boat is or what it was carrying.

For all we know it is sitting in some obscure port right now or even possibly scuttled after the pirates made off with the secret recipe for Cheerios.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I'm glad you posted this story as I was going to when I first read about it.
The fact that they describe a 4,000 tonne cargo ship as "vanishing" really instilled a sense of childlike awe and wonder in me. I didn't think it was possible to, quite literally, lose a huge cargo ship these days with computers, internet, GPS, radio, radar, satellites, etc.

Seriously, I would not have thought it possible if it hadn't, apparently, happened. Weird. I'm going to follow this story because it's this strange mystery now that I'm curious about.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Could this also relate to other ATS threads:

Warning from the Benevolents re Russia invading in October

www.abovetopsecret.com...;

the Russian predicting a nuke in US in 2009

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the one about the prediction of nuke in DC in October. Can't find this one and don't remember the title. I believe the man was a preacher that was predicting it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Could be a overreaction by the Russians to show the world not to mess with them, kind of like Israel going to war over a missing soldier. Until we get more facts, all we have are more questions. Past events since the coming of the 21st has show the Russians to be more aggressive to show they are a power to be reckon with. Bombers to Western Europe and North America. Claims to resources in the Artic. Submarine patrols near the U.S. War with Georgia.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

In other words, when he found out that the vessel was "missing", the Russian President rushed through a law which allowed him to deploy the Russian Navy, to combat piracy?
The Russians now have at least FIVE warships hunting for the vessel, and it's cargo of.... timber???

Don't forget that it isn't even flying under a Russian flag!! They are searching for a vessel that technically isn't even theirs!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Man, them Russians must Really Love Their Wood!!
Maybe we could all get together and sell them some.... We've got loads of Pine forests in Scotland, and I'm sure many areas in the States could chip in??

G

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Clearly there is something more than just wood on the ship.

I mean, 5 war ships hunting it down??

No signals from backups,gps/raft radios/gps/lifevest gps/radio's...........

Also, the captin not going to a port or to another ship to signal home???

I think there is much more than we are being told about this.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

This is all speculation, if it was a spy grab by special forces, you have to assume U.S.. Where would they be able to stash the freighter in that region off the coast of the U.K. / North-Western France? The Russians seem to be searching for it with some gusto. The 2 Subs off the East coast would seem to be in a position to discover the freighter, should it appear near there. My guess would be looking at friendly, secure Navy ports along the path from Brest to Norfolk VA.

Course if you are going to do it right, the intial boarding was probably when the ship was diverted. Taking some communications and transponder equipment from the boat, you could make it "seem" that it made it through the English Channel.

Hmmmm......

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I can see the conclusion, an American submarine name Dallas coming home to port with battle damage but nobody knows why and two Russian subs gone with no Russian explanation because they don't want to admit they got their butts kicked.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Someone suggested that perhaps what was on the boat was very high tech.

I mean not necessarily nuclear tech?

Wouldn't it be strange if the ship appeared somewhere off the US coast or an allies coast???

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
And so the Hunt for Arctic Sea begins.

I'll have to dig into my video collection.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join