It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
I've just noticed on marinetraffic.com...
There are currently;
133 ships off Barcelona.
38 ships near Valencia.
55 off Malaga.
165 off Seville / Lisbon
Then... as we travel north (into Bay of Biscay).... None.
Yes folks None. Not one vessel is registering on AIS off the ports of Porto, Santander, La Rochelle, Nantes....etc etc
Then just north of Bay of Biscay...
38 ships on the approach to the English channel,
and 359 actually entering the Channel.
Why the big gap with no vessels? Is this Normal?
Anyone know nore about AIS in this region?
Or has someone "turned off" AIS in the Bay of Biscay just now??

(If there's an AIS black hole in this area.... How did we detect the Arctic Sea transponder there yesterday???)

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Gordi The Drummer]

Location where the "Arctic Sea" faked signal come from at Biskaya Bay is too far in sea. Closest station in France is turn-off currently. Two possibilities, there were never been real signals so far on sea or stations were commanded turn off and that station is not shown on map. All visible stations coverage area do not reach so far on open sea.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by northwoods]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

I think that is normal (although I do not really know anything about it
), that area is not know by their ports, most of the traffic goes to the north European ports.

PORTO -
Porto has always rivaled Lisbon in economic power. As the most important city in the heavily industrialised northwest, many of the largest Portuguese corporations from diverse economic sectors, like Altri, Ambar, Amorim, Bial, Cerealis, BPI, CIN, EFACEC, Frulact, Lactogal, Millennium bcp, Porto Editora, Grupo RAR, Sonae, Sonae Indústria, and Unicer, are headquartered in the Greater Metropolitan Area of Porto, most notably, in the core municipalities of Maia, Matosinhos, Porto, and Vila Nova de Gaia.
The country's biggest exporter (Petrogal) has one of its two refineries near the city.
All Port wine the world over originates from Porto.
SEVILLE -
Seville has the only river port of the Iberian peninsula, located 80 km (50 mi) from the mouth of the River Guadalquivir. This harbor complex offers access to the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, and allows trade in goods between the south of Spain (Andalusia, Extremadura) and Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. The port has undergone reorganisation. Annual tonnage rose to 5.3 million tonnes of goods in 2006.
SANTANDER -
The port city of Santander is the capital of the autonomous community of Cantabria situated on the north coast of Spain between Asturias (to the west) and the Basque Country (to the east).
LA ROCHELLE -
La Rochelle possesses a commercial harbour in deep water, named La Pallice. La Pallice is equipped with oil unloading equipment, and mainly handles tropical wood. It is also the location of the fishing fleet, which was moved from the old harbour at the center of the city during the 1980s.
Catamarans docked at Les Minimes marina.La Rochelle also maintains strong links with the sea by harbouring the largest marina for pleasure boats in Europe at Les Minimes, and a rather rich boat-building industry.

All of the above mentioned ports lie in the area around Bay of Biscay, which is currently showing NO AIS transponder signals?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The "time anomaly" started at 07:36:03 and at 07:24:14 on July 22.

Until 10:47:53 (and 10:07:02) it looks like there were two ships instead of one, and during this time the ship is shown as going at its maximum speed, 10.3 knots.

On July 20, at 06:27:14, before reaching Finland, it appears turned in a wrong direction and almost stopped (1.6 knots).

I made a very large map (10MB) showing all the points recorded on the MarineTraffic site, with all the strange situations labelled with time and speed. The map may be a little confusing in some places because the journey to Finland is almost the same (but in the opposite direction) as the one from Finland.

PS: the map has some "holes" in it because I would take too much time putting all the missing images in the map.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by da pickles

just remembered when i was training on the south coast of the uk there is a base there that is home to a special breed of perssonnel. if there was a report of possible piracy/boarding in the english channel then these guys would of been put on standby . they have the tools and equipment at there disposal inc large fast response vessels as for the chinooks mentioned . check out the you tube vid. the only way the coastgard would of ignored this report is if advised to do so
www.youtube.com...

That Youtube video is just incredible!
AND demonstrates how an inflatable could be deployed AND recovered with just a Chinook, without the need for a friendly harbour nearby.
Nice One!
G

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Seville is not in that area, it's on the South coast of Spain, near Gibraltar.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
news.ph.msn.com...

I just love how this one is worded, it reads as though the ship was tested prior to leaving port..

Jukka Laaksonen, the head of the Finnish Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, said "stupid" firefighters decided to conduct tests on the ship at the port of Pietarsaari even though there was no reason to believe it contained radioactive material. "Some fireman for some reason thought that there might be some radioactivity involved in this shipment and that was a very stupid idea. There was no basis for that," Laaksonen told AFP.

Don't you just love how that is worded... I think they are getting so blinded by their own games that they are chasing their tails. to much spin and they'll get dizzy.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
heres a thought a person arranges to deliver SOMETHING to somebody. somebody else overhears and intercepts said SOMETHING. somebody is now pissed .

the alleged first hijackers / pirates . what if they were special forces . the chinooks could of been a pick up. timeings seem to fit. something intercepted

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
ps as for the bay of biscay being devoid of shipping. it is an area notorious for storms and severe weather. there are also very few major ports located in the bay that would explain the lack of shipping

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
news.ph.msn.com...

I just love how this one is worded, it reads as though the ship was tested prior to leaving port..

Jukka Laaksonen, the head of the Finnish Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, said "stupid" firefighters decided to conduct tests on the ship at the port of Pietarsaari even though there was no reason to believe it contained radioactive material. "Some fireman for some reason thought that there might be some radioactivity involved in this shipment and that was a very stupid idea. There was no basis for that," Laaksonen told AFP.

Don't you just love how that is worded... I think they are getting so blinded by their own games that they are chasing their tails. to much spin and they'll get dizzy.

And they say saturday on Finnish television that it was Ministry of Interior who ask Pietarsaari Town fire department to measure radiation level.
Later on news that statement change so that it was some random hint from public to make sure that there is no any radiation. Uh.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There is station coverage areas in Europe and arrow points Arctic Sea Biskaya Bay location.

img524.imageshack.us...

See that stations coverage do not reach far on sea unless there is land relative near in opposite direction (that's why coverage is better in mediterranea).

So, why russian warships fake that signal or was there some stronger transmitter managed by alleged hijackers.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi ArMaP!
I can't get the "original size" version of your map to work, and the "large" version doesn't give enough detail, but I've re-checked the AIS tracking data on marinetraffic.com and it does look VERY strange at the times you mention. At least two (possibly more) overlapping signals, with timelines which contradict the exact position of the vessel then? Unreal!!
I'd posted earlier, that this itenerary info for Arctic Sea went missing from that website for several hours yesterday, and it was only when it came back up that I noticed the strange movements of the AIS signature around the time of the "boarding". I had suggested that the data could have been edited to "fit in" with the emerging official story, and while this new anomaly you've pointed out, could just be flaws in the original AIS data, it does look like someone could have messed up a bit, when rushing to get the edited data online!!!
Nice One!
G

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
I'd rather not go to war with Russia....It won't be as easy as we think unless we can use out "advanced" tech which then our gov would have to disclose to us and we would know they have been withholding secret information all along...

I mean the mainstream would know this then..

That and I really don't want to see Pavel Datsyk go back to Russia......He is Great for us...

If Malkin has to back as well, than it's worth it. Stay away from our Swedes, though!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by northwoods

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying Northwoods.
If the Bay of Biscay is devoid of AIS reception.... How did the signal from Arctic Sea transponder get logged????

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The data for the same period on the morning of 22/7, appears on APRS.fi as a single continuous line, one vessel, in a correct timeline.
So it looks like this data has just been corrupted or edited on the marinetraffic.com website?
or....
could someone have been in the process of "cloning" and testing "Arctic Sea" AIS transponders, to be sent in various directions and activated as necessary, in order to confuse anyone searching for the vessel?
No, no... that would be naughty!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

im picking up loads of AIS hits in the bay of biscay. i thought AIS was sattelite received not line of sight.
was the signal received AIS or LRIT

[edit on 16-8-2009 by da pickles]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by da pickles

im picking up loads of AIS hits in the bay of biscay. i thought AIS was sattelite received not line of sight

I've still got none, south of Quimper. What tracker site are you using?
(I believe that the AIS signals are received by tracking stations at various points around the coastlines, some of the AIS sites show these stations)
G

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Gordi The Drummer]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
www.sailwx.info...
AIS is also sent and received with sattelite

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

AIS is based on VHF band...so system is terrestrial only. And I mean now the marinetraffic and aprs.fi data. Of course there is backbones which differs from country to country because AIS is not 100% reliable. But we see only AIS stations received data on sites.

There is two channel, AIS 1 and AIS 2. You can receive the data with frequency 161,975 MHz and 162,025 MHz.
Vessels were sending data based on the circumstances on sea, there is international agreement about transmitting interval in minutes.
AIS works for Ship to Ship and ship to shore.

There is transmitting intervals per different situations:

Anchored or berthed, the speed of less than 3 knots 3 min
Anchored or berthed, the speed of more than 3 knots 10 s
Motion, speed 0-14 knots 10 s
Motion, speed 0-14 knots, to change direction 3 1 / 3 s
Motion, speed 14-23 knots 6 s
Motion, speed 14-23 knots, change direction 2 s
Motion, speed over 23 knots 2 s
Motion, speed over 23 knots, change direction 2 s

About AIS with Satellite:
gcaptain.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
makes sense now i have seen AIS receivers for sale in chandlerys as a cheap alternative to radar . fine for weather etc but not much cop if your relying on it to avoid a collision as a lot of smaller vessels -300 ton dont have to carry it . if im right , even if it is received via coastal stations would it not increase its range the more ships you have in an area/ line

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The "original size" may look like it's not there because the top left of the map is white, that fooled me the first time I checked it.

If it does not work then just tell me and I will give you an alternative way of getting that image.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join