It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to common sense in the emergency services, mankind in general?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I feel compelled to start this thread, just to get a few things off my mind.

I just saw a YouTube video that has shocked me to my core. I really am at a loss to explain it. I just saw the video of an 84 year old lady, carrying a knife, being taken down with force by a police officer, in a parking lot. I am so angry, if that officer was in front of me now, it would take all of my resolve to not do the same to her.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about.

www.abovetopsecret.com... by MegaCurious

This is the most shocking thing I have ever seen. The lack of common sense and sheer brain washing demonstrated by this officer is the saddest indictment of the state of humankind I could possibly imagine.

This goes further than police brutality, excessive force and innability to think.

This is a basic lack of common sense, empathy and intelligence.

Illustrated by another story on ATS today.

Health and safety row over man who died in 18in of water as 999 teams were told it was too risky to rescue him

www.abovetopsecret.com... by St Vaast

Police, firemen and paramedics refused to go to the aid of an accident victim who was drowning in just 18 inches of water... because they believed it was too dangerous.

What sort of damn world do we live in, quite seriously?

What has brought mankind to this point. The point of mindless selfishness, animalistic behaviour and lack of a single grain of common sense, of compassion.

I don't care what these people have been trained to do, or what they have been indoctrinated with, if they cannot use their intellect in crisis situations then they should not be part of the emergency services.

I think everyone who enters the police force, should as part pf their training, be jumped by 3/4 of his/her colleagues (to know how it feels) and should be tazered too. There is quite simply a systemic incapability of officers failing to determine whether a situation requires a tazer. Stick a few thousand volts in them, and lets see how quick they are to fire the damn things at elderly people and kids the next time.

What happenned to the common sense, and innate decency that our Police Officers used to have. Wonder why people don't respect you morons, take a look at this:

They've become mindless stormtroopers of a quasi militaristic government, unable to read situations nor tell real threats from just potential threats.

I fear for our futures unless the people make their concerns known.

Who knows, one day it might be me or you in a youTube video.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I know. There is very little common sense displayed by humans lately. Its all power and control and fear. Common sense has left the building.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Common sense isn't a common thing.
What can ya do?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wow! Great minds think alike! I just started a thread about the apparent pandemic narcissisitic ignorance plaguing global society. I do not mean ignorance in a negative connatation here: if Humanity on the whole truly knew what they were doing, they would not! The blinders of selfish behavior make it almost impossible to put One's Self in Another's shoes and act from the Heart instead of knee-jerk from the Mind.

Thank YOU for this. If they don't see mine, maybe they will see YOUR's!

In Lovingkindness

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

No problem my friend, a link to yours please!

I'm looking for a inspiring and happy story somewhere to balance this out, and restore some of my faith.

I'll find your thread anyway from your profile, all the best Kiwifoot.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

No problem my friend, a link to yours please!

I'm looking for a inspiring and happy story somewhere to balance this out, and restore some of my faith.

I'll find your thread anyway from your profile, all the best Kiwifoot.

Here's that "Like Minded" thread I started that You asked for! Please put Your link on mine and We'll have a nice circle of Loving Awareness going!

How to alleviate Global Narcissism

In Lovingkindness

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

As I read your thread I did feel a little guilty, because when I saw that video of the old lady being assaulted, I actually felt angry. Not a good emotion to feel, especially when judging the state of mankind!

But I guess we can't help how we feel in the instant we are confronted with images that tear at our soul.

After that I just felt sad for us.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

As I read your thread I did feel a little guilty, because when I saw that video of the old lady being assaulted, I actually felt angry. Not a good emotion to feel, especially when judging the state of mankind!

But I guess we can't help how we feel in the instant we are confronted with images that tear at our soul.

After that I just felt sad for us.

You have nothing but this very precious, precious Moment to let that scene break Your Heart wide open and let Light filled Love and Compassion pour out to both of Them in absolute non judgmental equinimity, for in reality They are both YOU!! =)

Lovingkindness is always one opportunity away.

=)Namaste

Erik

new topics

top topics

join