It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I understand the site's motto now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Deny ignorance. What is ignorance? What needs to be denied? We need to deny ignorance because so often are we faced with lies that we can't really tell the truth about various things. We run into something and we automatically believe it because we don't know what else is right. We are caught in a world of lies. I was thinking earlier on another forum about wishing that I was ignorant again (nsider.com...). I was almost ready to give up this. I wanted to give up my views. I wanted to be ignorant once again. Someone there told me that you can't be ignorant in this day and age and that ignorance is not bliss and he wouldn't ever want to be how he was before when he was ignorant.

I thought about that and I realized that the poster was right. We can't afford to be ignorant. We are caught up in a world full of propaganda and information and it's hard to digest everything. Sometimes we lose sight of the conspiracy that is talked about on this website. Sometimes we lose sight of the new world order power structure. Sometimes we lose sight of what the mainstream media is going to do. We need to deny ignorance. Embracing ignorance will be an undoing of everything we've fought about. I think you need to ask yourself this question before you proceed more in getting deeper with political corruption and seeing how far the rabbit hole goes. Why are you doing this? Are you up for this? Can you see yourself doing this in a few more years? If you answered no to any of these questions you need to think about why you're doing this and why you're interested in these things.

I just wanted to share this story. I know that it's not good to be ignorant. We must deny ignorance. Not embrace it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Best post I've read in awhile!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
nice stuff man, read your post and have nothing to add.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We dont think any more. And its not accepted that we make our own thought. Only the source tells the truth. That's what our ignorance has become.

We think we understand every thing we read but the truth is i dont think we do. And when the majority is wrong the once who get it get pushed aside.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Denying ignorance is about finding the truth and asking the why's to what you are told, if it doesn't seem logical then you should question it even if it makes you look stupid because you'll end up more knowledgable in the end.

A problem I've found here is people don't deny ignorance they believe what they want to believe and throw all logic out of the window, they put too much faith into things and don't accept that they could be wrong. Denying ignorance is about believing what you want to believe but accepting that there are other ideas that may pose to be just as valid, there are only 2 things in life that are 100% certain 1 is you were born and the 2nd is you will die, everything else that lies between those points in the journey of life are open to speculation and this is what denying ignorance is about

new topics

top topics

join