It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Viva La Resistance!!!! Stand Up and Be Heard.

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My fellow Americans, the ever escalating climate of this great nation has taken a turn where the future is not looking so bright. Many believe that this "Second American Revolution" is coming. By the looks of it, their movement seems to be gathering steam (and corporate sponsors). But what about the rest of America, the people who would like to see health care reform, the people who believe in democracy (even though congress and such are in the #ter). I don't believe that this movement has yet recognized the other ones. The people who've been protesting and working for change. The Second revolutionaries forget that there are other people but themselves and their talking heads. They have forgotten about us. A large group of people who want freedom, peace and, liberty for all Americans. So as they carry on with there outburst at what supposed to be civil discussion about health care, we sit and watch for when they eventually go too far we will be waiting to protect our country. So I make a call to the people who are not afraid of change, who arent afraid of working together to make this world a better place to stand and show your voice and our numbers. To show them that though their numbers are great, ours are just as great.
Peace

P.S. Please put this thread where it is appropriate.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by SchefSalad]




posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

They have forgotten about us. A large group of people who want freedom, peace and, liberty for all Americans.


I guess my question is this

How can this healthcare bill be for all Americans when it only targets the 40+ million without health insurance?

The rest of Americans only have politicians promises that our premiums and healthcare cost will decrease.

P.S. Who are the corporate sponsors you speak of?



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well lets say god forbid you lose your health insurance and become ill. I guess we should just let you suffer correct. No, as fellow citizen we should be willing to help each other out. You'd expect someone to want to look after you. The 40+ millions of Americans need help sometime. I also believe that granting these 40+ million health care would also help the spread of diseases. Imagine if some sort of plague came along. 40 million cant afford to get taken care of. That is a hell of alot of people sick. Eventually it would spread and all the people with health care think they'd be safe but with that many people ill how could you be. I guess if you fortified your house and families in plastic you might be ok. So why not make sure that we can stop the spread of disease so that it cant run rampant in the country.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   


I guess we should just let you suffer correct. No, as fellow citizen we should be willing to help each other out.


The problem a lot of people have with this is its forced...

The help before came from the family, and with the American family and even American community almost non existence the help can come from only one other place...



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SchefSalad
 



I also believe that granting these 40+ million health care would also help the spread of diseases. Imagine if some sort of plague came along. 40 million cant afford to get taken care of.


Having or not having health insurance would not be an issue if there was a plague.

Having or not having health insurance will not stop the spread of diseases and illnesses.

A lot of our illnesses are due to the way we eat and the way we choose to live our lifestyles.


Well lets say god forbid you lose your health insurance and become ill. I guess we should just let you suffer correct. No, as fellow citizen we should be willing to help each other out. You'd expect someone to want to look after you.


I don't mind helping people out. You want the 40 million covered then spread them out into Medicaid, Medicare, and Congresses plan. Why reinvent the wheel?

The thing that irks me is that I will be paying for someone else to have basically free insurance while I have to continue to pay mine with no guarantee that my premiums will go down.

Flag for your thread.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well your first mistake, is still believing that the USA is supposed to be a "democracy". We are supposed to be a Republic.

When 53% of the people vote for a guy who believes he has a mandate to do whatever he wants, don't be surprised when the other 47% start to stand up because they don't want the government to run their health care.

What it comes down to is that the people that want this bill to pass, want it to pass because it is doing "something" for the sake of doing "something". They have no idea how much worse this bill is going to make things.

Also another thing, beyond Health Care Reform, what other kind of change are you talking about?

The fact is if you want to have universal health care or give the government powers beyond the scope of the constitution do it properly, and amend it. Supporting people that will just run over the constitution because they are doing something that "you" want is not the right way to go about it.

If you support this bill and this government take over of the health care industry then you should have no complaints with what Bush did to the constitution.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
When 53% of the people vote for a guy who believes he has a mandate to do whatever he wants, don't be surprised when the other 47% start to stand up because they don't want the government to run their health care.

I'm pretty sure the government doesnt want to run your health care but provide health care for those without.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SchefSalad
 


Have you read the bill?

I have, and this is the take over of the health care industry. There is nothing in this bill that will reduce costs, the only problem this bill address is pre-existing conditions. This bill has nothing to do with helping people get health insurance.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join