It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry missed the vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Foxnews (of course) was quick to point this out on the morning shows. Yesterday the Senate voted to extend unemployement benefits by 6 months. John Kerry has talked about this in his speeches for weeks, calling for the Senate to do this now to help Americans.

Cool it finally got voted on. Unfortunantly it did not pass, it failed to pass by one vote.

Oh did I mention that John Kerry did not vote, he was on the campaign trail at the time.

I think if you are running for president you should not still hold a seat in Congress. I also feel if this was important enough for him to talk about in his speeches he should have jumped on his private jet, flew back and voted. If he had, it would have passed.

Here is the CNN Article outlining the vote.
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
he did this for a reason...so he can claim that this is also bush's fault..."if bush would simply leave the white house and let me take control i wouldnt have missed that very important vote...did i ever tell you people i was in vietnam? well i was and i hated what i did but i did it with zest and enthusiasm...and when i came back i threw my whoops, someone else's medals over a fence...and i voted for the war in iraq but i decided i didnt want to support it anymore because i wanted to fool the idiots of this land to believe i was lied to even though i could have questioned bush's motives even though i clearly said i also believed saddam had WMD..."

ad nauseum...

politicians are ALMOST lower than whale # and lawyers (some of which are/were lawyers)

kerry was here earlier this week...boring and didnt exactly recieve a lot of hoopla.

it says a lot when your supporters support you only because they hate bush, not because they agree with you...

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
nativeokie, you could do a similar post over in the "pit" just to see what the Colonel and his twins have to say about this.
They seem to be strangely silent about Kerrys let down of the very people he purports to represent.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Prankmonkey,
That was an incredibly insightful/funny post... well done!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
When can they vote for it again?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

They seem to be strangely silent about Kerrys let down of the very people he purports to represent.

Its just a glimpse of the possible Kerry future....scary

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
But Democrats shot back that Republicans in the Senate -- most of whom opposed the measure -- engineered Tuesday's vote to embarrass Kerry, who has publicly supported the measure to extend unemployment insurance for an additional 13 weeks for those who have already exhausted their benefits. CNN

Love it how people just pick and choose what pieces of an article they want to believe. Gee, who had more credibility? I pick Kerry!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
politicians are ALMOST lower than whale # and lawyers (some of which are/were lawyers)

Lol, and then you look at the CIA, wich has pritty much every director they ever had belonging to the worst group of human beings of all.

"Wallstreet lawyers with political backing and background"

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This isn't shocking really, Kerry hardly ever votes. His voting attendance is one of (and perhaps) the worst. I'm surprised a) Mass. residents don't seem alarmed at this fact (I'd be pissed) b) Rove isn't hammering this issue more.

I think Byrd is among the best when it comes to voting attendance.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Clarification Needed!!!!!

Was the title of this thread: Kerry missed the vote

Or was it Kerry missed the BOAT? Please help!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Clarification Needed!!!!!

Was the title of this thread: Kerry missed the vote

Or was it Kerry missed the BOAT? Please help!

You mean swift boat? Kerry was there. Unlike someone else who likes to play dress up on aircraft carriers.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sorry Curme,
I heard the original speeches! He was right up there with Hanoi Jane. I have no use for Kerry whatsoever. A bigger problem is that I have no use for Bush either. I've been voting since 1972 and this is the first time I can safely say that there is nobody worth voting for!!!! The best thing will be when this whole crock will be done!! I hope there's someone I can get behind before November. But as of now, Kerry's an empty Botox smile and Bush is a little light in the loafers!!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
"kerry missed the boat"

You're right though. He missed, what? 8 months? of a normal 1 year tour of duty because of a few scratches? I know my father would have liked that same luxury.

well, we're off track.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
But as of now, Kerry's an empty Botox smile and Bush is a little light in the loafers!!

You know what? I really don't have a warm and fuzzy over Kerry either. But someone's gotta be president, and out of two people who are running, I don't like what Bush has done to this country. All politicians are crooks, they have to be. Nothing would get done if they weren't. And this whole Iraq thing, from the ground up, is wrong, and foul. Using peoples fears to manipulate your agenda, is wrong. The Florida election? A lot of crooked stuff going on. They both are jerks, but I believe Kerry is just a normal politician, wants power, and if he helps people along the way, great. Bush, is on some kind of agenda that is killing Americans. So I feel that I must defend Kerry, well not defend, but just tell the truth. Bush is a bad president who is destroying our economy and killing young Americans.

top topics

join