It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Importing "Martial Law" Signs from Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Recently observed tractor trailer trucks stopped at US Mexico border have quite interesting cargo:
Signs that read MARTIAL LAW.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

It makes sense to get them from where it's cheapest.

Any pictures? Who observed this?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I would love to see some pictures or a second voice on this one.

Anyone else near the boarder see these signs?

Also, not surprised if this is true. Government is more totalitarian than ever.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I believe the consensus all agrees. Where's the proof?

Its not like we get stories all the time about the government shipping weird things, or "HEY! I saw a UFO last night!", everyday.

Sheesh, things like this happen about once every millenium here.

Seems like pictures are in order, or maybe they didnt have a camera.
I'll give the person the credit if there was no camera.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Even if this Martial Law stuff does come around, you wouldn't think we would need signs, or have the foresight to order them??

Surely the National Guard trucks and guns will get the point across.

Plus, How long do they expect this Martial Law to last? A few days would not require signs?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They're just signs being shipped in for a new nation-wide chain of Chuck Norris Dojo's. Or maybe they are signs which are going to be placed along the border to dissuade immigrants from crossing?

Seriously though, why the need for signs? If the MSM doesn't get the word out and neighbors aren't telling each other via TXT or MMS, I'm sure the helicopters and such will get the point across without the need for a sign punctuated in small letters at the bottom with the phrase "Hecho en Mexico".

[edit on 8/13/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Were the in English and Spanish as required by law. If not then your story doesn't hold up.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Why pay for the labor when these signs can be made for free by prisoners? It's not like the USA has any shortage of prisoners.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

punctuated

PERFORATED is more like it!

I don't think these signs will last too long in my area! Heavy 12 guage shot makes a mess out of those signs.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It is dubious without pictures.
Chalk it up to Ripley's.
Mabye the signs really read Martian Law, when we are invaded by Martians.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
or maby the OP is right and they did see a truck load of signs , It would make sence with the coming flu problem , if they actualy do expect the swine flu to get nasty, then it would make sence, put the highly infected areas under martial law, lock it down and avoid the spread and contanimation of other areas.

Not sayin thats what it is but just a though

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

What border crossing did you see these at? What kind of tractor trailers were they on?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Any Twitter people here? Or HAM Radio Operators, or CB Radio Operators?

We could put the word out to look for these signs on the interstate. Someone would see them pretty quickly I imagine.

Some truckers may even answer a radio call if they have hauled something like this!

CFI is the main American trucking company in and out of Mexico.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Say what???
That's Canada. They don't have to spell everything twice in Mexico.

Funny thing is most ALL Mexicans, as inferior as they are
, speak a good deal of English.

star, and flag for occupying a bunch of munkies time in discussion!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
wouldn't they say 'ley marcial' if they were for the border?

Hell, I'm 600 hundred MILES from the border and all OUR signs are in spanish.

Do they only speak English in Mexico anymore? Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
How to tell if martial law is in effect

Step 1 Watch for signs that martial law is going to be declared. For days, or even weeks, before martial law is put into effect, you should be able to tell that trouble is brewing. This could be seen in the streets and heard in the news. Official broadcasts, newspapers and the media in general may also point to the possibility of martial law and let you know of any circulating rumors.

Step 2 Listen to the news broadcasts. If you have a radio, turn it on first. The radio may be more accurate and up to date on information than TV channels, but ultimately, most forms of news media will announce that martial law is in effect and will let you know what steps to take in order to follow the rules and protect yourself and your loved ones.

Step 3 Look for military presence in the streets. This can be subtle and hard to see, marked by the presence of small group of soldiers in key places, or it can be that the city is taken over with tanks and heavy military equipment. In any case, it is easier to tell if martial law is in effect by noticing that the local police force has been quickly replaced by military personnel outdoors.

Step 4 Wait for an official announcement from FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency), the government department in charge of dealing with all types of emergencies, from tornadoes to terrorist attacks.

Step 5 Talk to others. If you missed the official announcement, you can probably tell if martial law is in effect by waiting for a notice from your child's school or your own job. Special regulations may be put into effect regarding transportation, business operating hours and even salaries.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Or, if you live in the Midwest, Texas, or Great Southern States, just look out your window for us good ol'boys saddlin up!

You may here a lot of metallic ratcheting as guns are locked and loaded. There will be rumbling of motorcycles and 4 x 4 trucks.

You will see a disproportionate amount of Dixie Flags, Gadsden Flags, and Republic of Texas regalia.

Military will be in short supply, because they have either joined the resistance or retreated to a staging area to wait for reinforcements!

The best source of information won't be TV or Radio, it will be CB Radios, and plain old whoops and hollers!

Maybe just a dream, but I'm hanging onto it for now! It sure beats the alternative scenario!

top topics

join