It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I heard that there is a conspiracy theory stating that Mexico is trying to take back the southwest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Good morning, everyone.

Well, this is strange. I just woke up listening to the radio station in my city talk about a conspiracy theory that states that Mexico is trying to take back the American Southwest. The guy on the radio called it a conspiracy theory himself.

This was news to me....I have never heard of it before, and I live in the Phoenix metro area. Anyone else hear of this conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Haven't they pretty much already taken it over? Population wise?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's not a conspiracy, per se. If you have ever heard of Atzlan en.wikipedia.org... then you can see for yourself it is no conspiracy this is something being used by people that want to make it a reality.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Uhm...so. What if they were. I don't know very many people with more honor than most Mexicans I've ever come across. When I was driving taxi, the Mexicans were my favorite clients, much more so than say...white people or black people. Mexicans and Indians ALWAYS tip, and they tip WELL. Have any of you ever known a dishonorable Mexican? Yeah, they have some different customs and traditions, and they don't take their women nearly as seriously as they should (which they find disturbing on so many levels when dating a white woman...lol), but that's how they were raised. Those are the established values that most every Mexican is taught - The man makes the money and has the final word in most things monetary, and the woman takes care of the family aspects of life...and does it well, I might add. BTW...uhm...FYI, don't ever get a Mexican woman pissed atcha.

Anyone ever been to Yakima, WA? I used to live there, my brother and family still does. It's pretty much, southern central Washington state, and the Mexican population there is probably comparable to Brownsville, TX (I was born there). Although the legislation in Yakima, WA is probably 80% Caucasian, I'd estimate the population as 65% Mexican. Although, I've personally never had a single problem with Mexicans ('specially their food....OH!...mmm), their population is certainly increasing by leaps and bounds in the U.S.

Does anyone really have a problem with this? And if so, why?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
what about that Nafta Super Highway... wasnt the toll booths were owned by King Carlos of Spain... ? I think Texas stopped it but - ya never can count these bastards out they just send another scenario to get their agenda... or they starve you till you agree... or worse.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They can have the #ty hell hole called California

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well if they did try, I suspect it would go poorly for them; which is not to say they could not make a blitzkrieg attempt.... However, many Texans have guns, and no few of us have seen Red Dawn.

So by the time the USA mobilized troops, there would be an active resistance underway... read into it what you will

M.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Red Dawn has been my favorite movie since I was a child.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Mexico reconquers California? Absolut drinks to that!

The latest advertising campaign in Mexico from Swedish vodka maker Absolut promises to push all the right buttons south of the U.S. border, but it could ruffle a few feathers in El Norte.

The billboard and press campaign, created by advertising agency Teran\TBWA and now running in Mexico, is a colorful map depicting what the Americas might look like in an "Absolut" -- i.e., perfect -- world.

The U.S.-Mexico border lies where it was before the Mexican-American war of 1848 when California, as we now know it, was Mexican territory and known as Alta California.

Theres a picture on the web page that shows the map.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Not a conspiracy at all. Those that want to take the southwest back are pretty vocal about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

I've seen my share of dishonorable and honorable mexcians while working.

In the case of a dishonorable mexican? He tried to get a price match, for about half of what the item was, but didn't have any proof. (I've also seen the same man complaining that his food didn't look like the sign on taco bell)

in the case of an honorable mexican?

A man came by with a very large amount of tiles, and I thought they were very large boxes. Instead there were two boxes pressed close together, and I missed it. So basically, he paid and left pay for about 65% of his tiles. However when he noticed, he came back and paid for the rest. At that point I would of been very close to losing my job if he left and they noticed my 400 dollar mistake.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Greetings, fellow Phoenician!

It's not a 'conspiracy' at all...conspiracy has the implication of something hidden, or clandestine. The "Chicano Nationalist" movement is anything *but* hidden or clandestine, and they aren't at all ambiguous about what they want.

Movimento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan

And a quote from the MEChA constitution (the entire document is available at the above-posted link):

"Chicano and Chicana students of Aztlan must take upon themselves the responsibilities to promote Chicanismo within the community, politicizing our Raza with an emphasis on indigenous consciousness to continue the struggle for the self-determination of the Chicano people for the purpose of liberating Aztlán."

Note the last?

top topics

join