Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

84-year old Woman Smashed Into the Ground By Cops

page: 6
31
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway
 



You haven't even watched the video or read the article. Who are you to judge this officer?

Then you want to suggest a member who has been here more then a few days is not worthy of an answer from you, who do you think you are junior?

Watch the video or atleast read the article before you jump back into the fray junior.




posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
She wasn't slammed to the ground.


jd,
You apparently missed the amount of blood on the ground. Where might that have come from?


Typical cop bashing thread.


Certainly not on or from my part, participation.

Can you Honestly watch the entirety of that video and NOT see where, how it could have, should have been handled differently ... proportionately, even?

Seriously. I typically steer clear these type threads, as I, for the most part, side with the officers' actions. But in this case, situation it would seem readily apparent they could have taken a further moment or so to ASSES the situation prior to taking what would seem to be a disproportionate response.

... meandering about, obviously disillusioned, knife-wielding hand at her side, threatening WHO no one.

Your response would have been What?

Granted we weren't There ... just asking, hypothetically. ?
?



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
reply to post by billybobh3
 




Once again, I DON'T want to hear any of your altruistic crap.

You know what? You DON'T KNOW what you're going to do, because you've NEVER been there! So STFU. Stop blaming the cop, and start seeing things from a realistic perspective.


By that response you define yourself clearly as one of the very people who are the biggest problem in this world.
By the way, by infringing the rules by telling me to STFU, you also show me your level of intellectual capacity and immaturity. Speak to me in 20 years...not before.


Although I've already publicly apologized for my emotional zeal in my prior post, the sentiments remain the same.

You can comment all that you like, but you will NEVER know what it's like until you walk-a-mile. My opinion.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I can only tell you that had I been there, knife or not, I would have torn that pigs face clean off.

No reason to treat a woman with a mental disorder like that. This pig should have known better. I hope the officer in question has to watch her back for the rest of her life. I don't care if people see this a cop bashing. These pigs are becoming more and more self-entitled thugs and this crap won't stop until someone kicks the crap out of them.


[edit on 13-8-2009 by projectvxn]

[edit on 13-8-2009 by projectvxn]



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c
 


Show me where she was slammed to the ground. I have watched the video and never saw a slam.

Maybe you can name the minute and second so that I may watch it again and see a slam.


I will repeat.

A wrist lock is usually a very safe way to disarm someone. A freak accident occured and besides a small group, are screaming for vengeance.

edit to add-

I would have used the same wristlock she used on the old woman. As I said it is a safe way to disarm a person.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by jd140]



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Time to buy a legal unregistered gun, and ammo, folks. Say, drive to a state where they don't register them. The option is to leave the guns to the crooks, and the gangbangers in blue. Your choice.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140
 




You haven't even watched the video or read the article. Who are you to judge this officer?

Then you want to suggest a member who has been here more then a few days is not worthy of an answer from you, who do you think you are junior?

Watch the video or atleast read the article before you jump back into the fray junior.


Oh, I watched the video and read the article. Why ever would you assume I had not? Did you watch it? Insult me all you like...you just show yourself up.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybobh3
What the hell has happened to you people?! JHC, it doesn't matter if she's old, disabled, is having an 'episode' or what-not. She is a DANGER TO SOCIETY. The situation needs to be handled, at the discretion of the officer, to ensure that no harm comes to anyone, INCLUDING the officer.
YOU try to make a better decision in the circumstances given, with NO TIME for wieghing if-then options.

You know what, sometimes things happen unexpectedly, and people don't have the luxury of being able to sit back and think about if-then consequences.

DAMN IT! I AGREE that our society is going to hell, and that we have A LOT to bitch about, but JHC, there are those times when you just can't complain about what is done in a specific circumstance. I feel that this is one of those instances.

And don't give me that CRAP about 'What if it was you're grandma?'. Because I would STILL side with the actions of the officer!


I hope that you have that attitude when things directly affect you. And, as far as I could tell, she was not a danger to anyone but herself. She made no attacks, she had no history of violence, and she seemed to pose zero threat to anyone around her...especially the cops.

But don't worry, your time will come (things like this are getting rampant) And when it does, there will be people just like you who will claim that you had it coming.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway
reply to post by jd140
 




You haven't even watched the video or read the article. Who are you to judge this officer?

Then you want to suggest a member who has been here more then a few days is not worthy of an answer from you, who do you think you are junior?

Watch the video or atleast read the article before you jump back into the fray junior.


Oh, I watched the video and read the article. Why ever would you assume I had not? Did you watch it? Insult me all you like...you just show yourself up.


I'm sorry I can't hear ignored people.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Again, people thinking that because you are old you're not violent.

Or because you're a woman that you aren't violent.

Do people wear signs on their heads? "I have Alzheimer's - but I'm non-violent." "I have Dementia - I Stab Kittens for Fun."

I've met some old mean battleaxes, and would have probably not slam someone? I probably wouldn't. But if I had the choice of trying to disarm a crazy person by walking up nice and putting myself in harms way, or to put the person on the ground and be sure they aren't going to cause more problems....well I'd pick putting them on the ground.

Obviously someone was concerned enough to inform the police.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Obviously someone was concerned enough to inform the police.


I would like to hear that 911 call personally.

Was there any information given to the police that would have been incorrect given the facts we now know?

It would be no excuse for, but would certainly help explain the lack of a reassessment of the scene upon arrival.

[edit on 8/13/2009 by eNumbra]



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Originally posted by billybobh3
What the hell has happened to you people?! JHC, it doesn't matter if she's old, disabled, is having an 'episode' or what-not. She is a DANGER TO SOCIETY. The situation needs to be handled, at the discretion of the officer, to ensure that no harm comes to anyone, INCLUDING the officer.
YOU try to make a better decision in the circumstances given, with NO TIME for wieghing if-then options.

You know what, sometimes things happen unexpectedly, and people don't have the luxury of being able to sit back and think about if-then consequences.

DAMN IT! I AGREE that our society is going to hell, and that we have A LOT to bitch about, but JHC, there are those times when you just can't complain about what is done in a specific circumstance. I feel that this is one of those instances.

And don't give me that CRAP about 'What if it was you're grandma?'. Because I would STILL side with the actions of the officer!


I hope that you have that attitude when things directly affect you. And, as far as I could tell, she was not a danger to anyone but herself. She made no attacks, she had no history of violence, and she seemed to pose zero threat to anyone around her...especially the cops.

But don't worry, your time will come (things like this are getting rampant) And when it does, there will be people just like you who will claim that you had it coming.


Don't worry; I have that attitude all of the time.

That's why I don't START trouble. But I'm more than willing to END it.

Let's hope that you have the same capabilities and attitude when needed; otherwise you're in for a world of trouble.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybobh3
All of you people are far too soft.

She was a problem, the situation was handled. YOU do a better job in the same circumstance with adrenaline coursing through your system.

EVERYONE is a critic, yet NOT ONE of the critics have been have faced with a similar circumstance.

Just wait until the SHTF, you will ALL be singing a different tune. I've been there, and don't give me your song-and-dance about how you 'would do things differently'; you'll eventually live-or-die by your instincts. MY instincts have kept me alive thus far, and will do so far beyond your weak minded states.


If you can't control your adrenaline when dealing with an 84 year old woman, than maybe you shouldn't be in a position where you are constantly working with the general public.

I was a former bar bouncer/martial artist/boxer/kickboxer/cage fighter. I've helped train the military and select members of law enforcement. We teach people how to stay CALM in drastic situations so that mistakes are not made. THIS CLEARLY WAS A MISTAKE AND A HORRIBLE ONE AT THAT. Your defense of the officer is deplorable in this situation and if you could not find a better way out, then I am truly glad that you are not protecting our citizens.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry
 




One with your esteem background (if true) would see that this wasn't a slam, but a simple wrist lock.

Maybe the old lady lost her footing and fell? Who knows, what we do know that the officer used a fairly easy move that most often doesn't cause any type of lasting injury.

But since a freak accident happened this lady should lose her job and strung up in front of the crowd.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Originally posted by billybobh3
All of you people are far too soft.

She was a problem, the situation was handled. YOU do a better job in the same circumstance with adrenaline coursing through your system.

EVERYONE is a critic, yet NOT ONE of the critics have been have faced with a similar circumstance.

Just wait until the SHTF, you will ALL be singing a different tune. I've been there, and don't give me your song-and-dance about how you 'would do things differently'; you'll eventually live-or-die by your instincts. MY instincts have kept me alive thus far, and will do so far beyond your weak minded states.


If you can't control your adrenaline when dealing with an 84 year old woman, than maybe you shouldn't be in a position where you are constantly working with the general public.

I was a former bar bouncer/martial artist/boxer/kickboxer/cage fighter. I've helped train the military and select members of law enforcement. We teach people how to stay CALM in drastic situations so that mistakes are not made. THIS CLEARLY WAS A MISTAKE AND A HORRIBLE ONE AT THAT. Your defense of the officer is deplorable in this situation and if you could not find a better way out, then I am truly glad that you are not protecting our citizens.


Although I'm "very proud" of your past accomplishments, YOU weren't in the position to handle this situation. Training is one thing, real-life life-or-death experience is another.

[edit on 8/13/2009 by billybobh3]



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

The motto around here is Deny Ignorance and yet people brazenly claim they would rush to the old woman's defense well after the fact and possessing far more facts about the case than anyone at the time of the incident.



And therein lies the problem! (I'm assuming you mean the police at the time of the incident)

This police officer jumped the gun, acted toooo quickly before even TRYING to assess the situation and figure out what was really going on with this old lady!

WHY didn't the cops "possess more facts" before they reacted?

Well, because they never asked!!!

Please see my previous post, ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/13/2009 by Keyhole]



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Show me where she was slammed to the ground. I have watched the video and never saw a slam.


What needs to be "shown"? How else would her "being subdued" result in multiple pools, blood spots appearing in the area surrounding her head, upper torso?


I will repeat.

A wrist lock is usually a very safe way to disarm someone. A freak accident occured and besides a small group, are screaming for vengeance.


The "wrist-lock" would seem to take place ONLY after she had been "taken down".

For that matter, a wrist-lock, properly applied, doesn't necessarily equate to the subject ending up on the ground ... especially when applied to the likes of the elderly woman we see in the video.

disproportionate response, for me ... jd. no matter how wishes to paint it. the situation could have been handled more appropriately, imo.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140
 


Well I certainly hope you canread this.

1) An alert has been sent to the mods with regards to your insults. I will let them deal withit.

2 If you look at the video between 42- 47 seconds, the Police officer, grabs the old women by the wrist, twists it, turns her round, uses her leg to trip her up, result the old lady goes down with force that it causes her head to slamm onto the concrete, causing her head to split open. I wonder what other injuries this old lady has occured as a result of this. As people know, bones in a human body are more fragile the older you are.

So that is acceptable yes?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Laurauk]



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Originally posted by jd140
Show me where she was slammed to the ground. I have watched the video and never saw a slam.


What needs to be "shown"? How else would her "being subdued" result in multiple pools, blood spots appearing in the area surrounding her head, upper torso?


I will repeat.

A wrist lock is usually a very safe way to disarm someone. A freak accident occured and besides a small group, are screaming for vengeance.


The "wrist-lock" would seem to take place ONLY after she had been "taken down".

For that matter, a wrist-lock, properly applied, doesn't necessarily equate to the subject ending up on the ground ... especially when applied to the likes of the elderly woman we see in the video.

disproportionate response, for me ... jd. no matter how wishes to paint it. the situation could have been handled more appropriately, imo.



Then show me the slam and not what you would call the aftermath of the slam. Easy really, show me how she ended up like that.

Accidents happen. If you or anyone else can't see that then I hope none of you have one. Calling for her job because of an accident is very sad.

Deny Ignorance, as long as it fits your opinion.



posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious
 


That was just plain wrong. you Americans need to do something about your police brutality. For the most powerful country in the world, you have the worst cops.






top topics



 
31
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join