It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

84-year old Woman Smashed Into the Ground By Cops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OUTRAGEOUS! This made me cry!

Number one, why was this woman with Alzheimer's left unsupervised by her family in a car in a very busy Wal Mart parking lot? Anything could have happened to her, she could easily have wandered off or been struck by a car. Shame on whoever left her unsupervised.

Second, from what we saw she was not threatening anyone including this female officer.

Third, I agree with everyone here that knows damn well this elderly woman could have been easily disarmed without a taser or being hurled to the pavement. They certainly could have contained her long enough to get her irresponsible family member out of the store and see if she could have convinced Grandma to drop the knife. There is no excuse for the level of brutality that LEO's seem to think is ALWAYS appropriate.

This is further evidence that the US has turned into a police state.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
reply to post by eNumbra

There are defiantly other methods i have done Martial Arts and their are plenty of methods that can be used to disarm someone with a gun or knife, but i think with the Police Training they are taught to get a person to the ground the quickest way possible to immobilise and cuff them.
Maybe thats the problem its not the officers themselves they are just doing what they have been trained.

And it appears they haven't been trained to use their brains. "Protect and
Serve" ? . . .ha ! There was absolutely no compassion shown for this
elderly lady, none whatsoever. Where's the common-sense training that
should allow them to make a rational decision, not a police academy, by-
the-book take down of an old lady "that they really didn't see" . . . .
they just saw the knife . . . and that was enough of an excuse for them to
feel threatened wasn't it ? Mamby-pamby lightweights, without a trace of
common sense ! Geez !!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow. You go swinging someone around like that who has a knife in her hand, somebody's eye could get put out. She was quite feisty once she was down on the ground.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'd love to see those pig scum get a taste of their own medicine. How *snip*dare they an old lady like that. If I saw someone doing that to my old nan, *snip* Nazi pig scum or not.

*snip*

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link. Specifically section 2

[edit on 8/13/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
"Knock her out"

"Running around after people"

"knife through the heart"

What the hell people.

If you can't get out of the way or even take a knife away from a skinny 84 year old woman, suffering from mental illness, then there really IS an obesity epidemic in the US - because only someone who is 20 stone overweight couldn't get out of her way.

As for the police
there are times when "by the book" just doesn't cut it.

Whatever happened to using a little common sense and practising a little restraint.

Dress it up anyway you want to, that was just plain wrong - I only hope they don't get the same treatment when in their dotage.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Whatever happened to using a little common sense and practising a little restraint.

That's one of the funniest things I've read in years

The nazi pig state sponsered scum, have NO "common sense", and do not know how to practise "restraint" Those words just do not register to these ANIMALS. And that IS what they are. They stopped being members of human sosciety the very minute they stepped into the pig stye.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I GUARANTEE you that I could disarm any 84 year old with my bare hands...fast..and with NO damage to me or her. It is easy...just take hold of her wrist and remove the knife.

BUT, cops today are trained to be militaristic, to use maximum force all the time. The filthy cops today , just like in this case, will use excess force because OFFICER SAFETY is far more important to them than CIVILIAN safety. If the cop takes NO RISK at all, then thats the way they want it.

Not too long ago, no self respecting cop would have used force against some old woman. They would be shamed and ridiculed. Now, however, it is fine to abuse the public and assault the old people...all for the so called safety of a cop.

This society is sick...really sick. When that filthy cop is allowed to remain on the force, it is too clear that there is NO justice beyond that which WE take. To hell with the cops.

Had I seen that old lady slammed down by a cop, that cop would have had a real problem then...ME. I would have slammed that female dog cop down and shown her what it is like. To protect an old woman from a rampaging coward of a cop is heroic...and we should ALL be ready to step in and FIGHT COPS when they go overboard.

If we do not accept the fact that cops are out of control and abusing us routinely, then we deserve what they give us. The public should be willing to step up and fight the scum with force. Cops are no tougher than anyone else...matter of fact MOST cops are cowards and need a crowd and some dogs and a tank or two before they can grow a pair and actually get something done.

We see this crap all the time now; cop that abuse the people because they will NOT risk their own selves. They will risk US..but not them!! Cowards....thats all one can say...cowards with no shame and no morals...thats what cops are today. The scum cop that did this should be removed from the force, one way or another.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
what about the comments of that *snip* in that article who was disappointed that there was no riot and that this woman "represented her grandmother"- well how about you look after granny love and don't leave here with knives

That being said, a bit strongarm on the part of the cop, I just hate these racists who insist on introducing race into everything

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.Specifically section2

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
*snip*

Calm down there bro
this is a friendly place

Mode edit: snipped offensive statement

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
*snip*

Nothing ironic about THAT statement...

Mod edit:snipped offensive statement

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yeah, that may well be. But news reports aren't known for their sensitivity. Especially when they're trying to round up support for "xyz"

I'm sure you didn't mean it as a racist comment, FWIW.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Yeah, that may well be. But news reports aren't known for their sensitivity. Especially when they're trying to round up support for "xyz"

I'm sure you didn't mean it as a racist comment, FWIW.

to be honest some people would construe me as racist because I hate the "acceptable" "reverse" racism so often apparent in the modern world- my stance is judge everyone by their inherent individuality, not by the colour of their skin- the "woman" in this article quoted judges on race and group identity

[edit on 13-8-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied
You have to be kidding me, if an old women came running at me, i dont care how old she is, and tried to stab me with a steak knife, i would knock her the f**k out without hesitation..

Just because shes an old woman it does not mean she cant drive that knife through your heart, then what? yes, your stone dead.
And all because the sweet old woman had a knife..

You guys are living in fairy land..

But that is just the point, she wasn't running and I doubt anyone would have trouble outwalking her. She has Alzheimer's and looked to me like she was scared and disoriented and just wanted to protect herself from strangers. One rap with a nightstick on her wrist would have ended the problem, or better still the officer could have tried talking her down first and calmed her down.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied
You have to be kidding me, if an old women came running at me, i dont care how old she is, and tried to stab me with a steak knife, i would knock her the f**k out without hesitation..

Just because shes an old woman it does not mean she cant drive that knife through your heart, then what? yes, your stone dead.
And all because the sweet old woman had a knife..

You guys are living in fairy land..

But that is just the point, she wasn't running and I doubt anyone would have trouble outwalking her. She has Alzheimer's and looked to me like she was scared and disoriented and just wanted to protect herself from strangers. One rap with a nightstick on her wrist would have ended the problem, or better still the officer could have tried talking her down first and calmed her down.

mind you, discrimination is to be abhorred, so if the cop was totally sex, age and colour blind he should have given her the same kind of beating he would have administered to a young fit white male

only jokin

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join