It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

84-year old Woman Smashed Into the Ground By Cops

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
If a police officer asks you to drop your weapon; you either drop your weapon or you have it taken from you. This is how a dangerous situation is resolved.

There was a thread on this earlier and the story apparently went that the old lady was brandishing the knife at people. So either the woman is put down physically or she gets tazed. Either way no one would be happy with the outcome, so maybe those people who still ASSUME the police are first and foremost bullies should get the facts and learn to properly assess a situation.

[edit on 8/13/2009 by eNumbra]

NOt in any civilized country - Australia would have cleared around her, kept people away and simply kept talking to her until she put it down.

US - shoot her with bolts of electricity or smash her to the ground so she bleeds from her head - FCK yeeeaah!!

There was not even any reason for the woman to be put to the ground, or pinned - I could have taken that knife from her with a very simple wrist lock - anyone could - this is a complete over reaction to the situation at hand - out of control completely.

I have SEEN this before - and handled correctly - so there IS other solutions and this WAS WRONG.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
85 yo? she can die ok?

By the way, this country is rule by law. Change that a bit, and yo'll have yourself a nation of wimps.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Remind me never to let old people near you if we ever met.

You have no compassion. No guts and no morals.

Cops Uber Alles.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Disgusting, pathetic, unbelievable, sick, deplorable, mean, shameful, tragic, vile, worthless, wretched, heartbroken, sad, depressing & MAD! These are my initial thoughts. I have tears in my eyes. This is unbelievable, it goes on all the time in our Police State. Of course you do not know this, cause you are being controlled by watching the TV news.

And how many Police cars showed up, I counted 6 Cop cars, 6 F___ing Cop cars, for what?

GET USE TO IT SHEEPLE!

We are in a Police state, when are you going to realize this? You are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. In the next few months, we are going to see many scenes much worse than this. This is where we are as a country now, WAKE THE F___ UP PEOPLE!

When are you going to wake up?

Now go back and watch your "American Idle" show. By the way, if you are still watching TV, you are being manipulated.....DUH!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
wow... sensationalized thread title and irrational, aggressive posturing on an event we are watching on youtube. THAT makes me fear society more than anything the gov't or police could ever do. shall we sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches now or wait a few?

right or wrong, its about protocol in a situation when a weapon is present. Regardless of who is wielding said weapon, things followed a standard procedure. society wants its cops tough and aggressive, but only when it suits us...any other time we want them to be kind and hold our hands. people always detest cops till they need them, then they become their best friends.

and can we stop with the trash talk, seems these forums have taken an extremely messy disposition lately in post quality.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

My point to all I've said remains what none of you seem to be able to comprehend; you will never be happy with the way LEOs respond. This was a terrible situation that would never have had a happy ending.

Thats in YOUR world. Sad as it is. There were many ways to take this, you support the worst case scenario. Don't blame others for your opinions, eNumbra.

They are rotten.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan
wow... sensationalized thread title and irrational, aggressive posturing on an event we are watching on youtube. THAT makes me fear society more than anything the gov't or police could ever do. shall we sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches now or wait a few?

right or wrong, its about protocol in a situation when a weapon is present. Regardless of who is wielding said weapon, things followed a standard procedure. society wants its cops tough and aggressive, but only when it suits us...any other time we want them to be kind and hold our hands. people always detest cops till they need them, then they become their best friends.

and can we stop with the trash talk, seems these forums have taken an extremely messy disposition lately in post quality.

Sensationalized thread title? How so? It is what happened.

As for following protocol . . . how about we use our brains instead?

Like the Aussie on top of this page said. Clear a space around her and talk her down. Not get out of your car yelling put down the knife, then slam her to the ground.

There is no black and white. There are different ways to handle different situations. She took the wrong way, because she was following her training and protocols only, and not using her brain. Then you have the idiots who are too nice. But they usually get hurt or killed. Put them both together, and you have the ultimate officer.

Cops need to stop being droids and use their friggin' heads.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Read the rest of the thread and you'll find that you have assumed much about my opinions.

reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Yeah... I'm just a big bully. I love hip-tossing octogenarians just because I have inadequacy issues.

Are you serious? No I really mean it, is this a serious post? Go read the rest of this thread and then you can apologize when you realize I never condoned what happened.

Originally posted by octaviameister

And how many Police cars showed up, I counted 6 Cop cars, 6 F___ing Cop cars, for what?

When the crowd began to surround the officers and the scene it triggered an officer in distress call.

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
Thats in YOUR world. Sad as it is. There were many ways to take this, you support the worst case scenario. Don't blame others for your opinions, eNumbra.

They are rotten.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan
society wants its cops tough and aggressive, but only when it suits us...

YOU may. I prefer police officers are just and lawful and honest in their job, in order to secure a safe environment for people such as this old lady who was a victim of a corrupt and insane system.

I want the cops to be FAIR in their treatment of people, and the courts to be harsh and correct in their judgements.

I DO NOT want a-hats with uniforms to be the ones who inflict punishment for perceived crimes, let alone be old lady bashers.

What damn planet do you live on?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Yeah... I'm just a big bully. I love hip-tossing octogenarians just because I have inadequacy issues.

Are you serious? No I really mean it, is this a serious post? Go read the rest of this thread and then you can apologize when you realize I never condoned what happened.

Ahh no. No apologies from me - you have not warranted one. You have justified this act, despite the fact that it was over the top. I would not live next to someone with such an attitude, let alone accept it. No.. No apologies.

Wether or not you agree with it, you do not find it offensive in the extreme, scares me. Because I know that mindset is not yours alone. At least you state it openly.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Calm down. Cops are right most of the time. But this is clearly injustice.

People need to differentiate. Everyone. Cops too. When a cop does this, not all cops are bad. And not all knife-holders are going to be able to kill you, especially with arms that probably can't even carry that cane of hers.

Simply organize against the crime, but do not spread lies and hatred to all cops.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

That just makes me feel even sicker......

ugh, and people justify this... christ..

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Wether or not you agree with it, you do not find it offensive in the extreme, scares me. Because I know that mindset is not yours alone. At least you state it openly.

Because I have an understanding of Law Enforcement tactics and the mindset of officers on scene and despise seeing people call for someone's blood without knowing all the fact. Some people who claim they would have beaten the officer if they were on scene.

yeah, f'n terrifying.

It's called reality. I don't live in the hyper-violent world of those who have condoned this, nor do I live in your rose-petal covered world of hand-holding and not living next to people who disagree with you.

I didn't want to actually stoop down and explain what I believe should happen; why should I with all the assumptions flying around, would anyone even believe it?

The woman needs to be suspended, at least two weeks for retraining in threat assessment and abaitment. With that, the entire curriculum of threat assessment needs to be looked at.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Wow, that video made me ill!! There was no reason to do that to a fragile old lady. To slam her to the ground was completely uncalled for!

That policewoman, needs to lose her job!

S and F!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
cop is right, your all idiots who think this is "dusgusting, immoral, that the cop used to much force, that race was an issue, and anything else that goes along those lines.

I hate that every little thing that happens you people blow into ungodly proportions. Oh a light was moving in the sky, lets not think logicallly that most likely its just a freaking satelite, it must be some sort of alien spaceship that the government is hiding from us. Get over yourselves. Is there a ton of stuff our governments havn't and will never tell us, yes. Are they hiding every little thing, NO you retards. Your the reasons noone trusts that the real things that are being covered up are true.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
reply to post by Harlequin

SHE DIED?! To hell with legal action, where does that stupid b!tch live? Lets see how she likes having her head smashed into the concrete.

You don't even need proof of the act, YOU just start waving your pitch fork! and lighting your torch!

She has ALZHEIMER'S and has a STEAK KNIFE in her hand! Maybe if she started slicing and stabbing people you would have a different mindset.

WHO KNOWS WHAT WAS GOING THOUGH HER MIND AT THE TIME.

The old lady was asked to drop the WEAPON and she didn't cohere to the order and was put down as a THREAT. Its really that simple. Who cares how the police are trained. What if that old lady came at your child. It's either your child or her. You will protect your child to the very END!

Please THINK before acting.
--------
I joined this board in January and haven't felt the need to post till i came to your reply to a post that said she died from being take'n down. And you just went to the typical PEOPLE mindset. Be a PERSON/INDIVIDUAL and think logically.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by KNFr76]

[edit on 13-8-2009 by KNFr76]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Look folks, the only thing that has changed lately is that more people have cell phones that can record the regular police brutality that has been unleashed upon the American public for a good 30 years now if not more.

The entire police training tactics and ideology are in dire need of revision. Until any such steps take place the brutality against all that dare tread in the way of those who have been given God complexes (compliments of the people's tax dollars) is only going to continue and perhaps worsen.

This video makes many people sick. Throw me in the sickened lot as well.

Here's how it should have gone...

Lady cop demands that she disarms.
Male cop runs a diversion to get her attention.
Lady cop puts her arm with the knife in a locking hold and disarms her.
Then the cuffs can go on and a interview can ensue that determines that she's completely disoriented.

No blood on the ground. No bashed in head. No cops looking like... Well that term would get me a warning so I'll leave it up to the readers imagination.

But sadly these cops are trained to treat people like dogs. Thus we see these videos again and again now. Tis truly a shame.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
to post by KNFr76

She has ALZHEIMER'S and has a STEAK KNIFE in her hand! Maybe if she started slicing and stabbing people you would have a different mindset.

Maybe we would...but she DIDN'T start slicing and stabbing people. So rather than drifting into some world of fantasy probably best to talk about the facts as we know them and as are evidenced on that video.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

If a police officer asks you to drop your weapon; you either drop your weapon or you have it taken from you. This is how a dangerous situation is resolved.

There was a thread on this earlier and the story apparently went that the old lady was brandishing the knife at people. So either the woman is put down physically or she gets tazed. Either way no one would be happy with the outcome, so maybe those people who still ASSUME the police are first and foremost bullies should get the facts and learn to properly assess a situation.

Sorry, but a properly trained police officer would know how to diffuse this situation with out violence. As a former psych nurse, I was trained in such situations. I could have had that knife from her in a heartbeat, no violence.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I know it is a minority here that subscribe to that club. I was feeling annoyed that I was being called unreasonable and ridiculous when there are people claiming they'd jump in and fight the officer.

The motto around here is Deny Ignorance and yet people brazenly claim they would rush to the old woman's defense well after the fact and possessing far more facts about the case than anyone at the time of the incident.

Well you can count me in on the lot who would jump in to help that lady. Same as I would do if a thug was breaking into my neighbours house. I hate people who "prey" on the elderly, EVEN if they wear a uniform.

This old lady did not deserve that treatment. God, why would you NOT stand up to protect her? She was not a patched up member of the local bloody mafia....

A GRANDMOTHER FFS.

I don't care if she was holding a rake and walking around, she was not intent on hurting people.

uhg.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join