It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black president: Will the blacks rule? A question...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
^Yup. It's not about anti-black racism, or anti-white racism, this agenda, it's anti-human racism.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The purpose of President Obama is to give impression of peacemaker, economic hope and restoration.

Different President, different faces but same oligarchy.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Black people who attended his acceptance/winning (whatever you call it) speech were over-joyed with happiness and some even crying. Why would they be so happy that their president is black?

You didn't learn any history at school then?

Racial segregation in the United States

If you can't understand how significant the event was to some people after reading that, then I suggest you'll never understand at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I mean, we're supposed to "deny ignorance," but the very premise of this thread is grounded in a staggeringly ignorant point of view that denies concrete reality, socio-economics, and world history. There ARE some stupid questions, and the title of this thread pretty much epitomizes stupidity.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I realize I might be the only African American on ATS (???). I hope the moderators will understand, then, that there are some threads that cross the line, and force me to feel like I have to point out just how dumb they are, and how such notions run in opposition to the statement, "deny ignorance."

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yeah, this is a dumb thread, but a great chance to educate the poster as, obviously, they need answers just by posting this!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Although the presentation could be criticized, I do think this brings up a very valid issue...

That being, that no matter how "open-minded" people claim to be in their attempts to be "Politically Correct", I think that a lot of the irrational fears and mass hysteria being spread about in our current political climate are Racially-motivated. That isn't to say that these people are "Racist" per se, but either consciously or subconsciously, there is a lot of irrational fear that is coming from no other source than some deep-seeded internal distrust based on nothing other than the color of a person's skin.

Of course, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who will admit to that. Most people will blatantly dismiss it in staunch protest saying that they aren't "Racist" and then try to justify their irrational fears. But that's just it...they are defensively justifying...where if their fears were truly rational they wouldn't have to do such at all.

White Anglo-Saxon Protestants that made up the majority of power and money in the United States for the past 233 years are losing part of their control. In the next 40 years WASPs will be the Minority Race in the United States. Already, since 1790 Whites of English descent have dropped from 62.5% of the population to under 8.7% now.

Why else would the same people who say they aren't "Racist" feel so strongly against open Immigration, or granting Immigrants equal rights, and then panic at a Minority President and make outlandish claims as "This is not my America!"? I can only imagine how these people would react with a Latino President or Native American President!

The United States is, and always has been, a Melting Pot. We need to stop believing that Race has anything to do with anything. We need to stop putting it on forms. Because, whether your grandparents were Yiddish, Irish, Italian, African, Pakistani, Mexican, Cuban, Hindi, or Native doesn't change the fact that we are all Americans.

Racism is far from a distant memory in the United States. It still haunts us, even while a Hawaiian African-American sits in the Oval Office. No one will confess to feeling fears that are rooted in Racism for fear of being socially ostracized and outcast, but they are still allowing themselves to be ruled by those very same irrational fears that have their roots in Racism.

To say that this isn't a Racist issue is falling into ignorance. Racism shouldn't be the issue, but it is nevertheless, and no amount of denying it will make it go away.

The times they are a-changin' and those who refuse to change are the ones who are spewing hatred and spouting fear. They may be too afraid to admit they are "Racist" but perhaps they won't be too afraid to confess that they at least afraid of change.

And we all know what happens to those that refuse to accept change..those who are too weak to adapt, or refuse to accept changes in their environment will become extinct...and if we aren't going to label it "Racism" let's just label it "Fear of the Inevitable Extinction of the White Anglo-Saxon Protestants in America".

[edit on 13-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well first off I got to say how many "minorities" voted for Obama because he appeared black and ignored his position on various issues? I mean the voters have treated presidential elections like american idol for years! As for the racism being thrown about with people disagreeing with his policies, why is it that any complaint is being met with the racism charge? The race card is being used as a get out of explaining free card!!
The knife cuts both ways here, Crying racism is a big money maker, look at Al Sharpton! At the end of the day Obama is still a Harvard educated politician!
He is a equal opportunity oppressor!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Actually, Howard Stern did a segment on the streets of Harlem where he interviewed non-whites and asked them if they supported Obama. He then mixed in some of McCain's philosophies, including Sarah Palin as his VP. and the people agreed that was why they were voting for him...Granted, he only gives three examples so it is a small sample pool, but still, it kind of does illustrate the point. For these people, it basically proved that was why they voted for him.

Howard Stern Interviews

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

The notion that ANY complaint is met with a charge of racism is simply false. I've read plenty of legitimate criticisims, and even had a few of my own. For example, I think he is straight up lying about the deal with "big pharma."

It's the irrational complaints - those grounded in pure fear & ignorance - that get called what they are.

It's also the volume & virility of those complaints...

George W. Bush was, undeniably, one of our worst presidents ever. He weakened us abroad and at home, and set the foundation for the current economic crisis through aggressive top-down deregulation.
I knew we were in for trouble the day he was appointed President in 1999, as I'd lived in Texas when he was governor.

Still, people didn't start protesting Bush on a massive scale until after 9/11.

People have been protesting our new President on a substantial scale since April 15 - not even 3 months after he took the oath.

Think about that...what has he done that could be so awful as to merit people carrying signs that say "death to Obama?"

I hated Bush. HATED him. But never wanted to see him assassinated. Impeached, yes, but there were clear grounds for impeachment - like abuse of executive privilege (the same thing that got Nixon axed).

I have yet to see a genuine grievance with our new President that merits the kind of vitriole I see daily around the internet and on TV.

People complain about our government for a variety of reasons, but HATRED for our new President is largely due to one reason.

Can anyone point out Obama's concessions to the black community? I mean, where does such a thought come from, that Blacks might be about to take over?!

Take over what?! There are, like, 35 black House reps out of 435. How many black senators? one. How many Black Supreme Court justices? Zero. (ok, that's a joke, but you probably get my point.)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

And so....many of them did....so what?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

I personally think a comparable number of whites voted against him for the same reason...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nicholaswa

People have protested him because he has spent money like no other President in history.

Another reason is that he is doing the same things Bush did and more. I have to ask why are those who protested W, not out there protesting Obama?

He is Bush on steroids and that is why people are protesting him. They don't want to wait a year or more to begin protesting. By that time the damage will be done and there will be no going back.

How much did W put our country in debt?

How much has Obama added to that?

He has already stated that in 10 years we will be 9 trillion in debt if we don't pass this health care bill. If we do pass it we will be in 7 trillion in debt.

Basically do things his way or he won't bother reducing our debt at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I was not bringing issue to this. I was answering a question posted earlier where someone stated that they wondered on the subject. Now, you are right, I am sure both examples of voting as you say occured. But, if that is why a person voted the way they did, then it is TRULY a disservice to this county. No one should EVER, and I repeat EVER vote for a candidate for any position, based on what they look like. It should be based on what they stand for and how they believe that person will serve their office. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

People should educate themselves on all candidates and not just sheeple to the polls to vote for a person because they are charismatic, or because they sound intelligent, or because of how they look. Pick the leader that you believe will lead our county the best for the next four years.

If you do not have a problem with people voting based on race or looks or charisma alone, then that is fine. I however would hope that people do their homework and pick the person that they found to be the most qualified for the position.

I had to add...look at Germany. A young, charismatic leader won over the population and turned out to be Hitler! Now, I am not saying that will happen here, but it could when people do not do their homework.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by MarshMallow_Snake]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Would you rather have Bush spending money on a war that will never end, or Obama spending money in attempts to turn our economy around & guarantee health care to everyone?

Also, there is a difference between the national debt and the federal deficit. They are often confused in this conversation.

Also, Bush spent 6 times more than Clinton, and more than any President in US history, until Obama. Please remember that TARP ($800 billion) was passed under Bush's watch....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I guess I should elaborate.

When Bush took office, the national debt was $5.73 trillion. When he left, it was around $11 trillion.

But the debt has shot up significantly during the past few months, mostly due to the economic meltdown of 2008 and the government's efforts to shore up the federal banking system. The administration projects that the debt will be around 17 trillion at the end of 2013.

Yes -- that is an alarming increase, if the national debt alarms you. I personally don't worry about it. My grandchildren will have a national debt to deal with regardless of what we do...we are a debtor nation.

Obama has pledged to cut the national DEFICIT in half by the end of his first term. I say give him a chance to do that...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Are you ignoring my post? You said "so what" to people voting for a candidate based on looks...I am interested in hearing your reply.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Why does it matter if he's black or white? Im sure Obama is of the opinion that he's an American, that bleeds blood just as red, as that of a causcasion.

Does your friend have an issue with blacks?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why are they so happy? They are finally seeing something that qualifies for equal chances IMO

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join