It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US right-wing groups keen to demonise NHS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Also, Stephen Hawking IS BRITISH and said he wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the NHS.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Honestly, this boils my blood. If these hicks want to argue about their own healthcare system they can go ahead but to misrepresent a service which has looked after generations of Brits from "cradle to grave" is massively offensive.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnoxMSP
We just don't want our Govt' to be as intrusive as they are in the U.K.

My opposition to this bill is not about healthcare, it is about Govt' control, and not trusting OUR Govt' to handle the job properly.

Our country was created, and formed to get away from England, why would we want to adopt their way of living? If you hadn't noticed, England's Govt' is far more intrusive than our own, and I'd really like to keep it that way.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by KnoxMSP]

England is a constituent state of the UK. You can't even get your facts right.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Tony Blair was treated on the NHS when he had his heart problems and Gordon Brown's children were born under the NHS.

If you don't know your facts then your speculation makes you look silly. Do you realise this?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'd have thought it was about providing healthcare to everyone. You can play politics with peoples lives if you want. Most people with a conscience wouldn't be impressed.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The arguments against the NHS, by right wing Americans, are hilarious. Identical to the attack on our gun laws - trying to suggest that gun control prevents all crimes.

I've been treated on the NHS, for three serious illness. Had no waiting problems, staff were wonderful and the out patients facility was not intrusive. Beneficial and caring.

If America has a problem with our health care, then their soldiers stationed in the UK should not have access to our free health system (did the Republican point out that little fact?)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
question.

Does Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, or the Queen have to wait in line with the plebes?

hmmmm?

I'm sure they do have private doctors ...
As I am sure the rich and influential will do the same thing here if/when a hc bill gets passed.

Here's a question perhaps someone more informed than myself can help me answer ...

When I lived in the UK in the mid-90s, as a EU citizen, I was covered under the NHS plan. But I was also able to purchase additional health insurance through BUPA. What this meant is for an extra fee, I was able to have access the best doctors/dentists, have access to a single room at any hospital I chose, and other premium services.

Does anyone know if such an option will be available under any/all of the proposed hc bills?

My understanding is that because of such schemes, the health insurance industry is rather healthy in the UK. At least it was when I resided there.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Don't think the Right is being noble.

The left and right both serve NWO, it's just they perhaps serve different masters. The Left serves the Depopulation Without Discrimination side, the Right serves the Nazi/British Empire/Kill All Colored People side.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My opinion:

The NHS have been brilliant in regards to my operation last year and also giving my dying grandfather great comfort in his last days.

Shame on the right wing snobs who belittle this.

The American right wing don't deserve a single ounce of respect from anybody, let alone the Uk.

Shame on those fascist freaks. They should just go back to starting wars with countries who can't defend themselves and flying planes into their own towers.

Damn the American right wing and everything they stand for...

[edit on 13-8-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
My opinion:

The NHS have been brilliant in regards to my operation last year and also giving my dying grandfather great comfort in his last days.

Shame on the snobs who belittle this.

I don't have a problem with the British system, or national health care in general, but I think in America, it couldn't have come at a worse time.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
America should serve its own interests and keep its nose out of our system. Sure we aren't perfect,and the NHS might not be perfect, but it is responsible for saving thousands and thousands of lives.

Screw American right wingers. Let them choke on their on sense of inflated ego.

bastards.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

America should serve its own interests and keep its nose out of our system. Sure we aren't perfect,and the NHS might not be perfect, but it is responsible for saving thousands and thousands of lives.

Screw American right wingers. Let them choke on their on sense of inflated ego.

bastards.

I agree. But, I think the left wing rulers are just as bad. They serve a different, but equally evil master. In fact, some of the Left and Right "leaders" serve the same master. Have you ever seen how tight Clinton and the Bushes are?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

You are arguing semantics. It's all the same Govt.

Originally posted by phoenix103

I'd have thought it was about providing healthcare to everyone. You can play politics with peoples lives if you want. Most people with a conscience wouldn't be impressed.

I'm not the one playing politics with peoples lives, our Govt is. That is precisely what I am opposed to. I wouldn't expect you to understand though, big brother is already all up in your $#!) over there.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by KnoxMSP]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
If you follow that logic to the very end it will result in nothing ever getting done about the health care mess in this country...

It's illogical to assume that.
Work to make it better ... yes.
But just throw crap at the wall and see what sticks? No.
What is being pushed on us is garbage.
Pushing this garbage through just so we can say something was done - even if it's crap - is wrong.

I'm all for having 'free' gov't clinics and hospitals for those without health care. I think that would be a fantastic idea. Americans helping Americans. Build up America.
Start with that. Move on from there. But to completely overhaul the entire system and drag it down to even lower levels is just plain wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

the NHS might not be perfect, but it is responsible for saving thousands and thousands of lives.

The figures I've been seeing on TV say just the opposite.
It's responsible for the deaths of thousands due to the waits that don't happen now.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Stephen Hawking IS BRITISH and said he wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the NHS.

As was said elsewhere .. do you really think STeven Hawking got the standard care that everyone else got? If you think so, we've got a bridge to sell ya' ...

Also .. how can someone say that he wouldn't be alive if it weren't for NHS? What exactly is that based on? I'd love to see the arguement for that one.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KnoxMSP

Don't patronise me sunshine. The NHS has existed for decades, the rise of the surveillance society is a recent innovation and not to be compared, contrased or confused with healthcare.

Stick to the point lest you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. May be a bit late for that but theres always a chance you can redeem yourself.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes he did. You have no idea about the NHS, clearly. I suggest you do some research. www.nhs.uk

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm all for having 'free' gov't clinics and hospitals for those without health care. I think that would be a fantastic idea. Americans helping Americans.

Most people don't know this but we used to have exactly that. They were called the Public Health Service hospitals...There used to be one on Martin's Point in Portland Maine and if you had nowhere else to go they would take care of you. I know...in 1991 I was bluefishing off of the bridge just past it when I got a bluefish lure buried in my ankle...I was taken there by a kindly fisherman and they removed it...stitched me up and gave me antibiotics...and while I gave them my address I never got a bill.

The hospitals were phased out under Reagan and Bush.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

the NHS might not be perfect, but it is responsible for saving thousands and thousands of lives.

The figures I've been seeing on TV say just the opposite.
It's responsible for the deaths of thousands due to the waits that don't happen now.

Well maybe you should stop watching the TV then and use a little logic.

Your child gets ill. You take them to the hospital, the hospital FREELY looks after them. Hopefully your child comes home.

Oh yes the newspapers are full of scare stories, but if this was the case then the hospitals would be completely empty.

Get a grip.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Stephen Hawking IS BRITISH and said he wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the NHS.

As was said elsewhere .. do you really think STeven Hawking got the standard care that everyone else got? If you think so, we've got a bridge to sell ya' ...

Also .. how can someone say that he wouldn't be alive if it weren't for NHS? What exactly is that based on? I'd love to see the arguement for that one.

Methinks you are trolling. Since you are using the words of one who has thanked the NHS against him.

It's based on his physical condition, that without treatment he wouldn't have been half as well as he is now.

'Someone' didn't say that.... Steven Hawkings said that.

or are you calling Hawkings a liar?

I've had relatives who have needed time in hospital. I SAY that without the NHS they would have been in a far worse condition.

Are you calling ME a liar?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join