It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is Your Repackaged Fairness Doctrine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Oh!! They are clever. You know that they have wanted this for some time and now they have it. They are just masking it under a fuzzy new name. The FCC has a new Chief Diversity Officer. Yes, a CDO. I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to.

FCC’s Chief Diversity Officer Wants Private Broadcasters to Pay a Sum Equal to Their Total Operating Costs to Fund Public Broadcasting

Mark Lloyd, newly appointed Chief Diversity Officer of the Federal Communications Commission, has called for making private broadcasting companies pay licensing fees equal to their total operating costs to allow public broadcasting outlets to spend the same on their operations as the private companies do.

Maybe the CPB should just allow commercial sponsors in addition to the corporate underwriting that they already receive. I guess it will no longer be public broadcasting if they have to rely on robbing the private sector.

The CPB is a non-profit entity that was created by Congress and that currently receives hundreds of millions of dollars in federal subsidies each year. In fiscal 2009, it is receiving an appropriation of $400 million.

Private entities already sponsor public broadcasting in addition to the federal funds allocated. When will it ever be enough. According to the article, the private broadcasters are already dealing with the worst advertising recession in 50 years. So, just hit them with more fees. That is the mentality of this administration toward the private sector.

www.cnsnews.com...

[edit on 13-8-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
On the surface this may look like a bad thing.

But no deep down inside it is a good thing, here is why.

Until regular TV is irreparably damaged, no one in this country will get off their rears and do something.

So the more damage done to private broadcasting (which I avoid and detest) the better.

These guys lie all day anyways, why bother defending them? I am just going to look the other way and let them lose this one.

They are all crooks and liars, Im glad their days are numbered.

Don't get me wrong, the fascist .gov sucks too. But isn't the enemy of my enemy my friend? At least for today...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It might be a bit too easy to read too deeply in to this one, but I don't trsut my own opinion sometimes.

It seems like huge blow and burden to privately owned stations. If private stations go under, all we have is government owned, or subsidized stations.

In a coup, or invasion, they have to remove the effectiveness of the broadcast facilities.

It would cause an immediate stink and we would know what was going down if they just arrived at the stations and blew up the transmitters. 'It' would be 'on.'

This way, they do it slowly. Through starvation, the station fails, they call it 'looking out for the little guy,' and they get the end result they wanted, without really seeming like the bad guy.

Really a pretty decent strategy. It buys them more time to adjust to current tensions, but at any time could still just blow up the transmitters. Win, win.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Seriously? There's a Chief Diversity Officer?

We'll all be back scanning the shortwave for non-government screened info soon enough.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Fortunately, my dad has been a HAM radio operator since Vietnam. When the SHTF, those guys will be our only source of reliable communication. All media networks will all be under govt. scrutiny and control if they get their way.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You got to be kidding me.

I might be actually tempted to call in a few radio show hosts tomorrow...

new topics

top topics

join