It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID Tags on my bin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Found an RFID tag embedded on my wheely bin this morning, it was under the lip at the top of the bin at the front. It was encased in a large black plastic hexagon washer so it was pretty hard to dislodge. Now I know the government said they were thinking of taxing us on the amount of waste we put out but this seems a bit covert as they haven't informed me that there is an RFID there. Just wondering if people can check their bins to see if they have one on theirs, like I said it at the front under the lip (not the lid) in a cylindrical plastic casing with an hexagonal hole on it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
which one? the brown the blue or the green one? i live in a small village so i don't think i will have any,but i will check later...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I have 3 bins, brown, green and black, they were on all three.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Maybe to check how often which bin is emptied. Perhaps they tax you by the number of depletions since there's a different tax on the different colour of the bin. Just my 2 cents...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Interesting stuff

Can you post a photo if possible?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'll get a picture of the bin when I get back, I'll get a picture of the container and tag in a few mins, the tag actually reads on an RFID reader so it seems genuine.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Here's a pic of the tag I pulled off, I'll pull the other two off when I get home, I doubt it's anything sinister but it's a bit OTT to put one in a bin

crap phone images I know,

[edit on 13/8/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
How big would you say it is in diameter?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
How big would you say it is in diameter?

2 pence peice, the actual RFID tag that falls out has been cropped by the page but you can see it on media page or if you view the image on it's todd

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Are you in the UK?

Please dont say yes or ill be burning my bins tonight and going to my council for a "chat" with the chips.

Edit : Nothing on my bins, checked them. My neighbours must be wondering wtf I was doing

[edit on 13-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
maybe it's just my county, hyndburn, not bothered either way I'll be taking the other two off tonight.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think people need to relax a little on this one. While this may seem "Big Brother" there are other reasons why our bins and other products will have RFID tags.

Firstly, can you get a more focussed picture? These do not look like RFID tags that I have seen and used on plastic items and if they are RFID tags, they are passive and not active. This means they contain fixed information like a location, manufacturing data, etc. but there is no reason why they could not be reprogrammed with new or additional data and I know of companies that weight bins as they are being emptied and then update the RFID with information.

This is a serious investment and very few local authorties have gone down this route. I know a few in Europe that have.

And how many other items in your home/car/office have the ability to communiate with other devices?

Phone, GPS, computer, satellite or cable TV system, credit cards.......

And you worry about an RFID tag (?) on your bin!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
the full size images here

files.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

it's definitely rfid because it reads in an rfid scanner

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Yeah I'm not really asked either way people can track me all they want, infact they can add me on latitudes and see me all day long if they want spitefulgod@hotmail.com

new topics

top topics

join