It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Denies Allegations That Protesters Were Raped in Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Iran Denies Allegations That Protesters Were Raped in Prison

www.nytimes.com

BEIRUT, Lebanon — The speaker of Iran’s Parliament, Ali Larijani, vehemently denied Wednesday that some male and female protesters arrested in the wake of Iran’s disputed presidential election were sexually abused in prison.

The accusations of prison rape, first broached by the reformist cleric and presidential candidate Mehdi Karroubi, shocked many Iranians and prompted Mr. Larijani to assign a special parliamentary committee last weekend to in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well I dont know what to make of this. They admit to "Some Torture" but they refuse the rape part. This could just be yet another CIA plot.

I was surprised they admitted to the torture. they must have been desperate to get confessions. We all know anybody would say anthing if they are being tortured or possibly raped.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Rape is quite a terrible thing.

And although for an extremist, they may spill it when raped, a person with nothing to say will ultimately just be another victim to a religious person/gov't.

Although, I think that these women who were raped, should under go an Honour Killing, or the rapist must go and marry her. According to the Qu'ran/Koran. Only just, seems fitting for an Islamist country.

All in all, No good deed goes unpunished.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Although, I think that these women who were raped, should under go an Honour Killing, or the rapist must go and marry her. According to the Qu'ran/Koran. Only just, seems fitting for an Islamist country.

All in all, No good deed goes unpunished.

You know you're right. I would normally U2U Masonwatcher to get his perspective but he got himself banned.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Iran reformists seize on prisoner abuses

The reference to Abu Ghraib is particularly inflammatory because the Muslim world was outraged by pictures that surfaced in 2004 of U.S. military personnel torturing Iraqi detainees at the prison outside of Baghdad.

Iran's parliament speaker, Ali Larijani, sought to defuse some of the controversy Wednesday by denying allegations made by a defeated reformist presidential candidate that protesters detained at Kahrizak were raped by their jailers.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Rape is quite a terrible thing.

And although for an extremist, they may spill it when raped, a person with nothing to say will ultimately just be another victim to a religious person/gov't.

Indeed.

Sodomized to Protect Our Freedoms.

Have a read.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Interesting so it's evil when it happens at our hands but acceptable when somebody else does it? Or are you saying it's just plain wrong?
I'm confused. I knew about Gitmo but how does this apply to Iran torturing and possibly raping their own people over a protest?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Interesting so it's evil when it happens at our hands but acceptable when somebody else does it?

Where did I say that?

Nice try.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
its not jusy women being raped - many MANY men are being raped , as to live with rape in teh muslim worlkd brings shame on yourself and family - one reason why the comparison to the US raping men and women in iraq was made.

welcome to 2009 - rape your way to freedom

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Here you forgot this part....

Or are you saying it's just plain wrong?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Iran speaker rejects detainee rape claims

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran's influential parliament speaker dismissed allegations that post-election detainees were raped while in custody, calling the claims by an opposition leader "sheer lies," state-run media reported Wednesday.

Ali Larijani said that a special panel of Iran's parliament, or Majlis, conducted a "precise and comprehensive inquiry" into the treatment at Tehran's Evin and Kahrizak prisons, and found "no cases of rape or sexual abuse," Press TV reported.

new topics

top topics

join