It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreclosures rise 7 percent in July from June

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Foreclosures rise 7 percent in July from June

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The number of U.S. households on the verge of losing their homes rose 7 percent from June to July, as the escalating foreclosure crisis continued to outpace government efforts to limit the damage.
Foreclosure filings were up 32 percent from the same month last year, RealtyTrac Inc. said Thursday. More than 360,000 households, or one in every 355 homes, received a foreclosure-related notice, such as a notice of default or trustee's sale. That's the highest monthly level since the foreclosure-listing firm began publishing the data more than four years ago.
Banks repossessed mo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Getting better my ass. Thousands of people are still losing their homes and the banks are making billions of freaking dollars. I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS @#)#(@)!!!!

I don't give a damn about ideology anymore. I don't. What is happening is wrong and I'm tired of seeing people getting screwed over. People are losing their jobs and now they are losing their homes and they DO NOTHING.

Why in the hell does anyone put any faith into this GD corrupted piece of crap government??

WHY? Freaking lobbyist and corporate shills are destroying the middle class.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It is going to get worst, when you have the so called government paying off banks one would think people would be more upset. The same think happen in 1929 when our die for government was playing the stock market. People in this country gets pissed off, but never to the people that cause the problem. If would truly stand together rather getting mad at each other and unite this would change, but then again this will never happen.

Our entire government needs to be voted out and 99% of them deserve jail terms for corruption. We need to get rid of all the career political types and make limits on the term that they can serve.

But we do the normal, we vote a democrat or republican and expecting a change, we are so predicable in the US. We have the government that we deserve (sad to say).

Tru

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
What's going on? How's the baby?

Now bear with me what I'm saying with this.

You and a lot of people and people are acting out. If you notice at these town hall meetings, the people pro(this bill)-reform all have professional made signs stating with the slogans of organized pro-Obama groups.

If you look at the opposition all homemade signs getting angry with their reps. Now the reason why I mention this is because one group is very partisan and the other is bi-partisan.

Many, many people feel just as you do and are now going about doing something to change it. The MSM keeps trying to marginalize the movements and labeling them derogatory names and other things.

You'll notice a lot of these people will same I'm a democrat or I'm a republican or I'm an Independent, but one thing they all have in common and that is they are all pissed at what this government is doing.

It's building steam. Lots of people no longer have faith. Now I'm saying this because I can tell you are pissed and rightfully so. The corps own the government and the only sides that exist are which company stands to make the most off a particular piece of legislation.

But focusing your anger at them isn't going to solve anything, we have to focus that anger and stay calm and talk to our neighbors and get them angry at what is going on and get them to spread the message.

The movement has started, but it is up to us to help build it. We have to take this anger that we have and do something constructive with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

recovery?
what recovery?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
My 23 year old daughter and her husband moved out of their foreclosed home yesterday. He lost his job 3 weeks ago, they are now part of the statistics. Fortunately for them, his mother had a spare house laying around, so they won't be homeless with their two children. At least for a while. Its getting closer than many people realize.

top topics

join