It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp Interviews UFO Whistle-Blower Colonel Philip Corso (ATS Exclusive)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I couldn't agree more! It's wise to try to debunk him, we wouldn't want to be dupes who swallow every story that comes along. But, there comes a point when pointing out inconsistencies is just nitpicking and leads to nowhere.

I, for one, believe him. I don't believe the recent Sanni Ceto post, however. He has far more credibility. I'm glad this interview has finally been posted online. I hope it leads to further revelations.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lycopersicum

Did anyone not look at the picture i posted is it the same as antars ??

and the same one he metions with the dual lobes.

news.webshots.com...

dont know how to post just the picture but it is much higher res then antars look at it

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Pathos, I really wonder the following.
Why you on one hand posted all these remarks and those others in this thread in order to point everyone over and over again to the in your eyes lack of any solid evidence at all of what Col. Corso has said in that video while you self on the other hand started threads like these.

Dream Interpretation: Has Anyone Had This Dream Before?

reply to post by Pathos

First Documented UFO Debunked

reply to post by Pathos

My comment is not towards you personally, but more towards your sayings in general. I do not mean any disrespect.

Sure.

(1) Dream Interpretation: Has Anyone Had This Dream Before?
Is a philosophical examination of personal exploration, which does not need facts to support any type of claim. Since I am not trying to prove anything to be real, I don't need facts to examine a philosophical issue. Dreams are a subjective experience, which can have many interpretations.

(2) First Documented UFO Debunked
When I opened this particular thread, I did present evidence that could be examined and measured. I gave everyone an aviation historical outline, and I also presented their counter parts found in UFO theology. I provided the picture of the sketch Kenneth drew, gave a link to the German Horton, presented dates, and also gave you three US military planes that can be looked up. I gave you stuff to examine.

Whats the difference between me and Mr. Corso's? I gave you stuff you can reference in a library, online, or in a military archive. Mr. Corso presented his audience with a story, which cannot be 100% verified by the public. You cannot go to a library or a viable source to research his claims. According to Mr. Corso's claims, no one kept record of what was going on in the 50s. So, how can he prove his case without evidence? You can't.

That's the difference.

------ EDIT

When I added that last line to my post, within this thread, I did so out of respect for Mr. Knapp.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
With respect to the mods and fellow members hasn't some of Mr. Corso's credentials been called into question as some of the things he claimed he was he was not; some of the places he claims he was he was not.

Mind you, this information is per the US Government - Pentagon records public statement that was aired on a television program several months ago. UFO Files perhaps? I don't believe it was UFO Hunters.

Take it as you wish. I want to believe Mr. Corso but with some of his credentials of questionable nature I don't really know if he's speaking the truth and government records reflect a ruse intended to discredit him or if he's an elderly gent who's seeking his 15 minutes of fame after all these decades and many of the people he associated with who can either confirm or deny his words are now passed away.

[edit on 8/14/2009 by biggin]

[edit on 8/14/2009 by biggin]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lycopersicum

Yes it is the same. I believe it was given to Tom Dongo and he has the original. Now dont hold me to that I will have to verify it again. When I saw the original loads of info was being thrown at me very fast.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

I have a photgraph of a live one standing behind a group of people in the background of the picture I posted on the first page of this thread.

It will accompany a new thread I am currently working on for ATS.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Lets use my thread as an example, and measure it up with Mr. Corso's story. If you take Mr. Kenneth Arnold's UFO sketch, you can find its counter part in real life. Other words you can take his image, and then you can test it against an exiting (physical) military plane. When it come's to Mr. Corso's alien sketch, you cannot match or test it up against something that has been proven to be real. We don't have any physical evidence that aliens exist, nor do we have confirmed images of what aliens 'actually' look like. Until an alien passes by the White House for a visit (and reporters are on hand), Mr. Croso's story is based upon pure speculation.

(1) Has anyone ever caught a UFO on tape, full detail and scale, which has been confirmed by the media, military, researchers, and scientists?

(2) Has anyone ever caught an actual alien, which has been examined and authenticated to be real?

Until someone has full proof that the above actually exist in real time, all of the evidence that UFO theorists have provided are based upon speculation. Interviews, bouncing blobs of light, light morphing, and abductions are all based upon a subjective interpretation of events. As I said within other threads, I have only seen two pieces of film (NASA STS clips) that 'could' be possible evidence. Everything else is just theoretical in nature.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
Lets use my thread as an example, and measure it up with Mr. Corso's story. If you take Mr. Kenneth Arnold's UFO sketch, you can find its counter part in real life. Other words you can take his image, and then you can test it against an exiting (physical) military plane. When it come's to Mr. Corso's alien sketch, you cannot match or test it up against something that has been proven to be real. We don't have any physical evidence that aliens exist, nor do we have confirmed images of what aliens 'actually' look like. Until an alien passes by the White House for a visit (and reporters are on hand), Mr. Croso's story is based upon pure speculation.

I found the following quite interesting after listening to the eight parts of this interview

Corso mentions and links at least five time to Wilbert Smith but denies mostly to further expand on U.S. guys and other details.

He mentions Smith in

Part II at 4:05
Part III at 0:40
Part IV at 2:20 and later at approx 2:40
Part VII at 8:18

But the interview is very interesting. Thank you for posting.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by metricmaker
I found the following quite interesting after listening to the eight parts of this interview

Corso mentions and links at least five time to Wilbert Smith but denies mostly to further expand on U.S. guys and other details.

He mentions Smith in

Part II at 4:05
Part III at 0:40
Part IV at 2:20 and later at approx 2:40
Part VII at 8:18

But the interview is very interesting. Thank you for posting.

My cousin's brother's father's friend's son? My question would be is what significance should this Wilbert Smith be to me? Why should I care about his conversations with Wilbert Smith? Is Wilbert Smith a moral person?

It would be similar to me saying, "My father's sister's daughter told me about...".

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb

So then I said if you want to see a ship, come tonight to this location and I try to bring one in for you and your friend here. He was silent, but he got the point. Him and her came out, we brought in a few ships, he thanked me, no more questions asked.

So you can summon UFOs? Do they actually get close enough for you to see details or are they more or less lights? Did this guy react astonished? and will he be writing about it in his book?

Would love to see some photos of these ships too!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I want the die-hard UFO believers to understand something. Skeptics started out as believers, and to certain logical extents they still do believe. What stops them (us) from completely believing is the lack of tangible evidence. George Knapp was kind in sharing this video, so I do not hold him responsible for Corso's lack of facts. If George Knapp was screaming to the sky that aliens and alien made UFOs exists, I would want some tangible and undeniable proof. UFO claims should contain a hypothesis, which can be debunked or proven based upon evidence. If the evidence given can be subjectively interpreted, it fails to prove that the original hypothesis is correct.

Do not get me wrong. This stuff is interesting, and it does create new questions. Until something BIG happens with the study of UFOs, these types of interviews (and bouncing/morphing lights) are nothing more than pieces of fiction.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A phenomenon tracked in other areas of academic research, once a subculture starts to develop, a sizable audience and body of literature are in place, people from the outside brought in and hit with leading questions on their participation very often start bending their memories and experiencing to conform to expectations and insert themselves into the history.

And there is, beyond the attention and some status, always the lure of a quick buck.

Disheartening to think of these old military geezers falling for the lure of retroactive fame as key figures in UFO history, but it's been happening.

Mike

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

A phenomenon tracked in other areas of academic research, once a subculture starts to develop, a sizable audience and body of literature are in place, people from the outside brought in and hit with leading questions on their participation very often start bending their memories and experiencing to conform to expectations and insert themselves into the history.

And there is, beyond the attention and some status, always the lure of a quick buck.

Disheartening to think of these old military geezers falling for the lure of retroactive fame as key figures in UFO history, but it's been happening.

Mike

It sucks. If an actual craft shows up and actual aliens start to physically communicate with everyone, the UFO fakers will attempt to make cash off of lies. It will be a never ending cycle of bull.

Over the top UFO believers are similar to "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". After they have told enough lies, (and people have caught on), people will not believe them when something real goes down.

That is why interviews, blobs of light, and morphing lights are subjective.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Very interesting. Thankyou for posting.
I find Corso's actions while answering questions more than less convincing.
However, you never know with these ex military / government people coming out with these shocking stories. Actually talking to aliens and them being mere working clones for the real ones on a mothership?! Simply incredible.

" I OFFER YOU A NEW WORLD, IF YOU CAN TAKE IT "

Wonder how it was suppose to be taken ?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No one asked about the live double lobed one standing behind a psychic last June in the picture on page one, so I will say that I figure it is going to be debunked because the alien is looking as if operating from another dimensional level, or cgi so it almost appears as an after image, but who knows the owners of the picture welcome the SKeptics with all sincerity.

And BO XIAN, this happened in your neck of the woods during the time I told you I was in az.

On that note I have to say I dont know if it is authentic or not, really.

I appreciate the responses and look forward to sharing with you at another time.

As for Colonel Corso, I appreciate him immeasurably.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Dear mmiichael

I have been wondering when we would here from you. For sure I was missing you.

Well there we have it yet another one. Naturally with no proof what so ever.

I find it interesting that a man with his caliber would out right lye about such a thing.

But then again the US air force did.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by mmiichael

Dear mmiichael

I have been wondering when we would here from you. For sure I was missing you.

Well there we have it yet another one. Naturally with no proof what so ever.

I find it interesting that a man with his caliber would out right lye about such a thing.

But then again the US air force did.

H Mac,

Don't like to use the term liar, and Corso did have a co-author ghost writer named Birnes.

But sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Long time UFO writer researcher Brad Sparks went through the Corso book with a fine tooth comb and checked the accuracy of dates, names, events.

Conclusion - the Corso book is an unqualified fraud. Even the endorsement Corso managed to cajole out of Senator Strom Thurmond was withdrawn.

Linked to earlier in this thread but ignored, anyone with any interest in all this must read Sparks's deconstruction of Corso's fairy tale.

www.ufologie.net...

Bestselling Book Exposed as a Hoax!

By Brad C. Sparks

EXCLUSIVE EXPOSE! Colonel Philip Corso and William Birnes

The only thing "extraterrestrial" in Philip Corso's book "The Day After Roswell" (Pocket Books/Simon & Schuster, 1997), is the height of his tall tales, certainly the tallest Roswell tales to date. His thesis of course (for those of you blessed with not hearing this rubbish before) is that many of our high-tech advances such as microcircuits (and the transistor before IC's), lasers, fiber optics, microwave ovens, Star Wars SDI weapons, etc., all actually came from "reverse engineering" the alien technology found in the crashed UFO near Roswell, New Mexico, in July 1947 -- a feat largely made possible by Corso himself when he purportedly divvied up the alien goodies while working at Army R&D in the early 60's. But in his haste to cash in on Roswellmania he has made some fantastic blunders of history that completely expose him as a fraud in the most embarrassing way.

Corso just can't resist putting himself at the center stage of great events of history, courted by the big names such as Robert Kennedy and his "old friend" J. Edgar Hoover (Corso's "other book" is called "I Walked With Giants"), and he is ever the powerful hero. (pp. 2, 37, 84, 156, 191, 206-209, 255) But he trips on his way up the ladder to the stage. Corso has apparently made a cynical calculation that he'll be able to make his bundle and retreat before anyone can develop a sufficient publicity base to expose him, so there was no need to research his lies to get them perfect.

[...]

... last but not least Corso is the hero of the Planet Earth's desperate but successful "war" against the ETs (or EBE's, Extraterrestrial Biological Entities, the term he cribbed from the fraudulent MJ-12 documents) (pp. 5, 142, 249-250, 260, 269). This supposed war against UFOs led to Reagan and Gorbachev meeting and ending the Cold War (pp. 262-263, 266, 268). We had negotiated a "surrender" treaty with the aliens (were there alien negotiators in the State Dept. too?) until we were able to reverse engineer enough Roswell weapons to fight back (pp. 268, passim).

As Corso modestly boasts, "Sometimes, once in a very long while, you get the chance to save your country, your planet, and even your species at the same time." (p. 273) Corso gives whole new meaning to the term "delusions of grandeur."

Corso's notion that many of our high-tech innovations were really back-engineered from extraterrestrials is a new twist on the Ancient Astronauts theory. Instead of saying man was too stupid to invent pyramids or the wheel on his own and had to get the ideas from space visitors, Corso has updated the concept and says we got the microwave oven (p. 178) and laptop computers (pp. 170-173) from aliens. I guess all those millions of scientists and engineers we've cranked out over the years have largely been a waste -- they were dummies who had to get clued in by ET's.

Now that we've established that Corso fabricates entire screenplays and dialogues involving himself inside CIA headquarters and elsewhere that never happened and never could have happened, there really is no need to go into the rest of his confabulations about his heroic role in getting U.S. industry to "reverse engineer" microchips, fiber optics, lasers, Kevlar, etc., from his make-believe Roswell spacecraft. That would be chasing phantoms, trying to prove a negative -- that something doesn't exist -- which is inherently very difficult if not actually impossible. The dramatic stories that we can easily check prove Corso to be a rank literary hoaxer.

Mike

[edit on 15-8-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
No one asked about the live double lobed one standing behind a psychic last June in the picture on page one, so I will say that I figure it is going to be debunked because the alien is looking as if operating from another dimensional level, or cgi so it almost appears as an after image, but who knows the owners of the picture welcome the SKeptics with all sincerity.

And BO XIAN, this happened in your neck of the woods during the time I told you I was in az.

On that note I have to say I dont know if it is authentic or not, really.

I appreciate the responses and look forward to sharing with you at another time.

As for Colonel Corso, I appreciate him immeasurably.

Originally posted by antar
In part one he describes the same type of alien possibly as I have in this picture ready for a new thread if I can ever get the video to accompany.

I saw this picture and can verify that it is an original not copy, of a supposed Government photo of an Alien Being.

The head has twin lobes, same as Col. Corso discusses.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82a37868430d.jpg[/atsimg]

I saw this image several years ago, but it was apart of a magazine video game advertisement. I will try to find the exact game, trailer, and ad that this came from. Since I recognized the image quickly, I ignored it as being a real image of an alien. Sorry I did not get back to you earlier.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
A lot of what he talks about matches up with David Adair's testimony, about the telepathic guidance system on the UFOs. David Adair said the craft was controlled by way of brain waves. Corso described a headset-like device which would pick up brainwaves to control the craft.

A couple years ago, George Knapp interviewed someone on the local news who is a Las Vegas resident stating he can get a UFO to show up anywhere, anytime and all he has to do is think about it.

I missed the news coverage of it, but heard a snippet on a local radio talk show the next morning. They took this man to a location not disclosed in advance (so he couldn't plan it with someone) and chosen by the news team. He thought about the UFO and it appeared within a minute (maybe only seconds). He didn't even use a headset.

Not certain why the govt thinks they need one! They should learn telepathic communication instead.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Do we hide when we are studying a new form of life? Why would we care if the new Amazonian Purple Spotted Frog we just discovered and are studying knows we are there looking at it?

Naturalists make and use hides all the time when studying wildlife. If you've forgotten that, perhaps your bias is showing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join