It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp Interviews UFO Whistle-Blower Colonel Philip Corso (ATS Exclusive)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by Curio

OK, so suppose we follow your analogy. Why would they be hiding from us? Do we hide when we are studying a new form of life? Why would we care if the new Amazonian Purple Spotted Frog we just discovered and are studying knows we are there looking at it?

Could be for various reasons.

There is a Star Trek Movie made a few years back just like this, where Cpt Piccard and his crew are studying another species of humanoids and they use cloaking devices to hide from them as to not disturb them.

So. I'll list a few reasons I can think of.

#1) They want to see our development without causing us to change our direction based on new information about them watching us.

#2) Maybe they are involved in our genetic heritage, for example maybe they created us out of hominid dna mixed around a little bit. And they do not want to disturb their "experiment".

#3) Actually Scientists do get grants to travel to far off exotic places on Earth to study a silly bacteria. Strange but totally true. We call it research.

No matter which way you look at it, they are obviously scientists observing us. So I can understand that it is very important to them to not disturb us too often so that they can watch our natural habits and such.

Also we would become hostile towards them when/if we discover them, because the average person will feel that we are being invaded or something along these lines, that our privacy is being invaded and such.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

The same reason that parents don't sit down and do all their kids homework.

What would be the point?

You'd raise a complete idiot.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
And who knows ...

Maybe if we're on the brink of a nuclear holocaust, maybe they will intervene. But our species is no where near "endangered".

And I would hope that they would not intervene. If we can't get past our differences here on Earth, we have no place traveling our Galaxy ... much less the rest of the Universe.

Hopefully, they will preserve some of our species .. much like a zoo here on Earth, so that we should not perish from all existence.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I asked George to present this not only because he is one of our newest ATS Video Pros, but much of this has never been seen by anyone. I think it gives a great perspective into the real Philip Corso without all the preparation of a speaking engagement.

Whether you discount him as fantasy, believe parts or think he was exactly what he said he was, this is an opportunity to see him like you never have before and never will again, as he is now deceased.

Springer...

To add to that before he died according to his family (son I believe) he said something along the lines of "I wish I had never written that damn book" There's a documentary out there I saw some time ago interviewing his family after his death. His family says on his death bed he swore every word in the book was true but he was made out to look like a "loon" hence the reason he wished he had never written it.

People are concentrating too much on the UFO stuff in the documentary. There is one part where he starts to talk about Russia launching a nuclear bomb at a satellite and missed it then it cuts out and goes to another subject. Right before that he mentions there was 2 incidents.

There could possibly be a correlation between 2 incidents that occurred where (gamma was it?) waves were detected as if 2 nuclear bombs had gone off in space detected by scientists/astronomers on the ground and was later just pawned off as a space/astronomy mystery/anomaly. I was really hoping to hear what he had to say after that but it was cut off, shoot.

Considering I have a copy of his DA Form 66 sitting right next to me it pretty much gives quite a interesting history of all his duty stations and for how long along with his titles which all pretty much correlate with what he has said in interviews.

If asking how I got a copy all you have to do is submit a freedom of information act for "Colonel Phillip J. Corso's DA Form 66" In the late 90's they were releasing it so quite a few of us already in the military decided to try and get it.

I think it might also be posted on the black vault website but not 100% certain of that.

A good majority of my superiors in the military believed what he claimed to have known but wouldn't dare mention it publicly just due to career suicide.

I pretty much have to believe what he claims he has seen although I do agree his story sometimes changes here and there but as old as he was I'm not surprised. All it takes is one joke from him about it to make him look like a loon, which I've seen happen in interviews he's done. A good example was the 20/20 interview at the end when he jokingly said wait till I tell you about the time machine and they played it off as if he was serious. He was jokingly serious but those that haven't looked into him just took it as meaning he was a loony old man which is quite sad.

This is the only person to date I have believed when it comes to UFO's. I'm guessing it's due to his time in service and hard solid proof from Washington itself that he worked there both as, "Staff of Foreign Technology Div" and then promoted to "Chief of Foreign Technology Div" As accurate as he is with recalling dates it's quite stunning to be honest considering all the different assignments he had.

I kind of have to laugh at his "debunkers" considering most of them haven't even heard of him and his stories have been around a long long time. I'm also curious how much these guys have studied up on him. Simple fact is if they haven't heard of him except through a post like this then they are not true debunkers much less seriously looked into the UFO phenomena as this guy is on top of the list.

Chances are if there is a UFO thing this is the guy to know. If he is a disinfo agent then all that's happening is the typical "hide it in plain site because no one will look there".

I'm really glad to have been able to see this video although I would have loved to know more about that Russian nuclear war head he talked about going into space and missing the satellite target by 250 miles, shoot shoot shoot lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why do you think we are in their way if they wanted Earth as their own? What if they think Earth is theirs already??

Do you kill the ants in your backyard in order to claim that you own it? Or do you consider ants as not a threat to your property rights?

If you think aliens need to get rid of humans to "own" Earth, than I suppose you are probably killing a lot of ants in your backyard every week in order to keep your ownership intact.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Great post , I agree 100% with your sentiments Darthorious.

I will try and find the document you have referred to, thanks a lot for the heads up about that.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think we have to put ourselves; as best we can, in Col. Corso’s place. This man had a long, long military career and was also quite at home in the halls of power. The number of individual details stored in his memory, all of it important to one degree or the next, makes him a walking history book.

As he was speaking, that flood of information and experience is pouring out of him in overlapping stories that each then connect to something else. If we were talking about a younger man who led a fairly narrow occupational existence, we might expect a more precisely trimmed version of events. But someone with such a dynamic lifetime of experience? I would think a few stumbles and wayward tracks should be forgiven, if not even expected.

Beyond that, his story is one more piece of the puzzle.

Thanks to ATS for presenting it!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by Curio

OK, so suppose we follow your analogy. Why would they be hiding from us? Do we hide when we are studying a new form of life? Why would we care if the new Amazonian Purple Spotted Frog we just discovered and are studying knows we are there looking at it?

You're being obtuse. It wouldn't make the slightest difference if the frog saw us because it lacks the intelligence to act on it. If the frog was able to harm us, then steal our technology, then totally change its natural development as a result, we certainly would not want the frog to even know we existed, if possible. When we study animals here on Earth it's usually somewhere in the middle - we hide from lions, chimps, eagles, etc, because we want to be able to study them without altering their natural behavior.

If an alien species is advanced enough to get here in the first place, it must surely know the importance of not interfering. I absolutely loath myself for even bringing this up but.......Star Trek......Prime Directive

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Curio]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

The same reason that parents don't sit down and do all their kids homework.

What would be the point?

You'd raise a complete idiot.

Thank you Tyranny.

That actually was a very succinct but thought provoking answer. Although I do still doubt "alien visitation", I do appreciate you, Curio and Muzzleflash actually taking the time to answer me with logical answers to my questions. It is certainly a refreshing change from the chants of me being "ignorant" or a "debunker" or some other silly name. This is why I originally joined ATS - to have friendly discussions and sometimes just agree to disagree with logical points both ways. Stars for all of you.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Couldn't of said it better myself lol.

He starts off talking "Oh ya I seen this being and oh that reminds me there was a guy named..." lol

I could only hope if I even make it close to his age I could have so many stories like that.

Just another reason why I pretty much take his word for it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

No problem I enjoy thinking about the subject as much as you do, and like you I greatly abhor the negativity that many people get locked into about these issues.

I am sorry that you have had to deal with people who were not willing to just think about it and respond with a thought out post. But this is just a fact of life that we deal with from both sides of any and every issue under the Sun.

I appreciate your open mindedness and I compliment you on your friendly demeanor, and by all means, always keep asking questions about everything.

That is the only way we will ever find out what the hell is going on after all.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I appreciate your civil discussion.

The fact is, you are right in the aspect of proof. But, mathematics would lean more toward my philosophy. We are both right with regards to what we each deem solid, verifiable scientific evidence. Which is why our society is so split on the discussion of intelligent life existing outside our atmosphere.

There's certainly no reason to raise a heated argument when discussing philosophical questions. It's like arguing over which religion is right. There's no definite answer.

The only fact that remains true is that absence-of-proof does not conclude proof-of-absence.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Even though Mr. Knapp's interview has some type of credibility, I would not call it the smoking gun on the subject of UFOs. It is an interesting piece of work, which will be debated for several decades.

Some questions come to mind after watching this video and they include:
Does this film show definitive proof that there are aliens visiting Earth?
No. Even though you can look up some of his science, he does not provide facts that can be measured, tested, or touched.

Is Mr. Corso telling the truth?
Debatable. Since this video was taken when Mr. Corso was an older man, the reliability of his memory comes into question. Someone could easily say that he was suffering from Dimensia.

Could Mr. Knapp have staged or edited this interview for his benefit?
(No offense to Mr. Knapp).

Since I personally do not know the man, I would have to question his overall motive. Sure. He could have edited and staged this interview. If you watch anyone of the clips (start to finish), you can see that some type of editing was done. My question is "Why?"

Why did Mr. Knapp edit these videos? What is missing from them?

EDITED FOR CLARITY

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Corso has been talking about this stuff since the 70's.

He gets dragged out now and again and starts to talk about it again here and there.

He wrote a book.

I am absolutely surprised that he is not taken more seriously.
Even the astronauts talk about aliens, particularly Mitchell.

so are all these high ranking officials to be written off because their subject matter is beyond the mental grasp of msm?

probably.

meh, let the people panic I say.
we'll adapt and we'll get used to it quickly like any other huge event.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Since I have never heard about Mr. Corso before, I do not have an earlier point of reference. I am only drawing upon what I know.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well saids I got bumped a 1000 points or something for saying something wrong, when all I said was post the alien pictures because my little one thought it was cute. Keep the change on that, I didnt even know points was given out, can we buy a car or something with them lol. Anyways I just want those pictures of that alien posted, The Col has been longed proven to be a fraud, not much to the video but more he said she said, and well to hear the Col tell it, aliens are responsible for everything down to the toilet invention!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Even though I have no scientific evidence to support or negate Col. Phillip Corso’s claims – I believe him.
If there was disinformation involved I do not believe he was aware of it. The government is very compartmentalized – for all he knew, there was no other departments or agencies collecting data on this phenomena.

As for the news media: (20/20 and such interviews). They are a big part of the disinformation machine – anyone who has been on ATS long enough knows how the media can manipulate the masses, and usually the masses lap it up without question. 20/20 did it’s best to destroy Corso’s credibility, as did others. Of course – if there was a government insider coming out with secrets that the government wasn’t ready to release; wouldn’t that government’s said agencies implement a strategy to ruin the insider’s credibility?

Unfortunately for them, Corso has the military record to back up where he has been and what he has seen. Too bad he was so old when he came out with the truth.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Certainly an entertaining video, but I gotta tell you guys something: It is just very hard for me to believe this "old man". Something doesn't seem right when I watch him (before and present in other videos). Seems like a grumpy old bastard that certainly has knowledge of things, but regarding UFO ... eh?!?! I am not buying it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by breakingdradles

I don't find those inconsistencies all that remarkable.

People seem to assume that personal narratives are polished, precise, flawlessly logical, vetted, referenced, with layers of confirmation etc.

Not so.

Personal narratives are . . . well . . . very . . . uhhhhh

personal.

They are personal recollections by flawed critters with flawed memories and flawed communication skills to other flawed critters.

I think a good deal of the inconsistencies you seem to have trouble with could easily be explained by

1. aging memory trying to articulate remarkable events considerably after the events.

2. events and phenomena which challenge conventional articulations by conventional descriptive phrasing.

I have no trouble giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I think postulating that he was a rabid thorough-going disinfo agent primarily or only . . . is too much of a stretch.

Absolutely correct. People's memories are not perfect. Occasional mistakes and/or confused details indicate truth, rather than the opposite, as do the occasional divergences to other stories that are related. I've only watched the first part so far. But, I noticed there is an edit where he starts to go off on a related (to him) tangent about some other project. I assume it was edited out, because it doesn't relate to UFOs.

That's what people do when they are reminiscing. They get distracted. People who are fabricating don't do that. I suppose that even that could be faked. However, periodicity of such things is a factor as well. He reads as a truth teller to me. And in that casual atmosphere. a few divergences are normal. And the lack of them, would be suspicious, in someone who has memories that are actually dispersed among many others that are related as to time-frame. He makes a few mis-statements, then corrects himself, as he realizes it. The year of the autopsy report stood out for me. He first says early fifties, then changes it to late fifties, sort of half explaining...almost to himself out loud.... that that was a different one. Someone who was fabricating or purposefully spreading disinformation typically doesn't so that. Either they don't want to throw what they've said into question, or it is so recent that they remember it better. No indication of him perceiving it as more than a lapse, rather than a mistake.

He also matches the speech patterns of people I know from that era who talk about their experiences. A fabricated one, would typically show different patterns that denote the approximate time that they fabrication was invented. He doesn't over-explain. He also doesn't realize that some of his references might not be familiar to the person he is taking to in the present.

All in all, very credible to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I find his story to have the air of authenticity. He has always seemed to me to be one of the more believable high profile witnesses. Of course, his prestigious military record (which is publicly accessible to anyone) does lend him a great degree of credibility. It is not as if he was just some reserve desk officer - he was a Lt. Colonel who served on Eisenhower's National Security Council, among his many other high-level positions. It is simply too easy to write him off for a few minor errors in recall or communication and say that he had dementia or wanted to make some sweet cash from a UFO book deal.

And Corso is just one of many examples of UFO witnesses with credible and verifiable backgrounds in military, government, etc. Whatever you think about say, Greer and the Disclosure Project, the fact is a number of the witnesses involved with it held respectable positions in which capacity they claimed to have been privy to information about the UFO subject. Are all of them demented? Are they all writing books?

If we discount the testimony of witnesses such as Lt. Col. Corso and others as a product of mental deficiency and/or profit motive, that in itself raises serious questions. That such a large quantity of people in high level government positions are either out of their minds (a worrying thought) or have all somehow hit upon the idea of milking the UFO audience for a few book sales, or are just doing it for a lark... well, that's a phenomenon that in itself is worthy of study. After all, these people have had a lot to lose by coming forward with their stories, and many haven't even tried to work out a book deal. They want to testify. And it's a pretty crazy way to get attention if you ask me, which is why, if all of these witnesses are unreliable, it is very troubling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join