It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late light reveals what space is made of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Late light reveals what space is made of

www.newscientist.com

What MAGIC saw on that balmy June night came like a bolt from the blue. That is because something truly astounding may have been encoded in that fleeting Atlantic glow: evidence that the fabric of space-time is not silky smooth as Einstein and many others have presumed, but rough, turbulent and fundamentally grainy stuff.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wow, this is interesting stuff. It's a very long article but I recommend that anyone with an interest in how our universe works, take a read.

I've read it twice and it's still sinking in.. maybe I'll have a third go at it, it's a lot to assimilate in one sitting. The basic idea isn't so illusive but it's the details and implications that make your brain sore.

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ugh, this is one of the things I hate about modern physics. They try to justify wild mathematical theories on the flimsiest of evidences. Any number of their assumptions could be false and in fact as far as I'm concerned red shift theory itself has been falsified by Halton Arp's very logical anomalous observations.

www.electric-cosmos.org...

If red shift theory is false, then they have no idea how far away those sources are and they can't conclude anything about arrival times vs distance.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

What? No ones actually said this is going to be incorporated into any theory.

They made an interesting observation, they explained the observation in just a couple paragraphs and then 80% of the article following that is simply implications, assuming that what was observed pans out.

They stated ad nauseum that more observations would be needed to nail anything down, more experimentation and further developing of the model.

Of course any number of variables could turn out to be falsified, that's how science works!

Halton Arp

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
reply to post by SevenThunders

Halton Arp

Are you dissing Arp? He is a highly honored astronomer despite his controversial theories. The way I see it, real science is being suppressed by the defenders of the status quo. They are not much different from the catholic high priests of yesteryear.

top topics

join