It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning From A UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The August 5 issue of the National UFO Center reports includes photos taken from a site featuring lightning displays.
www.nationalufocenter.com...

One photo, from 2002 on the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln shows a spider-web lighning burst from beneath a cloud bank near the carrier.

The NUFOC article includes a blow-up of the photo taken by Seaman Troy Wilcox that appears to show the source of the lightning to be a disc just BELOW the thunderstorm!

Has anyone seen this image before?

Is this what it appears to be, or is it only an unusual cloud/lightning phenomenon?

Link to source of Lightning photos:
www.boston.com...

Has anyone seen reports or photos of UFOs emitting lightning?

The same source (NUFOC) claims in today's issue that government interceptions reveal that UFOs emit microwave radiation/EMP at 3GHz that is shown in the laboratory to cause air to glow in various colors.
www.nationalufocenter.com...

Is there a relationship?

jw
jw

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nice pics but I really do think it is just an unusual cloud. Or at least it appears so to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Probably not, but hey that is a cool pictures, thanks for uploading it to ats!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
WOW ive never seen anything like this before! soooo intresting, i dont know where to start nice picture OP.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Some of my very best IFO experiences have been during lightning storms. Yes, they actually use the lightning energy and travel cloaked as clouds frequently.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

I adrore your Avatar! Is there a movie or video game or something with that beautiful character?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
That saucers look like the top of some of those Tesla coils.
Guess this guy got lucky with his photo.
Who catches a lightning strike unless by video.
Thus checking out the frames.
Or the Tesla method of long exposure.
He was never sitting underneath all those lightning strikes.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Cool find!! S&F!! That is kinda spooky though. I agree with the above post that a lot of sightings have been in and near storms.
Makes me think of this...
www.ourstrangeworld.net... (I don't think that's debris, because there is no other debris in the photo, not to mention the apparant size of the object.)

I suppose it could just be lightening, but I have to admit, I have never seen anything quite like that.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Given the illumination of the aircraft/flight deck, I'd guess it's a long exposure during an active storm.

Still, very lucky, either way.

jw

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Great link. I've heard of that, but never seen it.

What better cover for close-up surveillance than a raging storm? Especially if you can create it or manipulate it yourself!

jw

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow, what a nice photo! Weird cloud or alien, this click came at the perfect time.

Beautiful.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

ok - i have been to a lot of threads and all EVERYTHING is to you is Tesla. Tesla coke cans, Tesla golfballs, Tesla underwear, Tesla Exposure, Tesla Tesla Tesla!! Is there a possibilty something could NOT be Tesla? I strongly believe this photo is a CLOUD. Not Tesla, not UFO, nothing. I have nothing to back this up except what my instinct is telling me.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

reply to post by ziggyproductions05

It's so good, that the more I look, the more I wonder if it (the lightning) wasn't cut and pasted.

Any idea about the source?

As far as TaL goes, I've never seen an electrical discharge like that ABSENT a Tesla-coil.

I built one as a kid from "baby moon" hubcaps, an electric motor, and a rubber belt. Under the right conditions, you'd get the 'spider-web' discharges. I've NEVER seen natural lightning do that. That appears to be a discharge from a continuous source, rather a spontaneous transfer.

I don't know. Do you?

jw

[edit on 15-8-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

ok - i have been to a lot of threads and all EVERYTHING is to you is Tesla. Tesla coke cans, Tesla golfballs, Tesla underwear, Tesla Exposure, Tesla Tesla Tesla!! Is there a possibilty something could NOT be Tesla? I strongly believe this photo is a CLOUD. Not Tesla, not UFO, nothing. I have nothing to back this up except what my instinct is telling me.

Wow the little cloud that could spark.
Looks like a mushroom cloud.
In electrical terms the lightning coil people call the mushroom
shaped can on top a capacitor.

So we know lightning can come from a metal can shaped like
a mushroom.

Suppose that cloud is a metal craft that is channeling the lightning.
Thats cool and sort of what I was hinting at.

Thus you would have to admit a metal craft could hover as hit
by many lightning strikes.

This then would have to be the ether craft invented by Tesla.
See Tesla's UFO in my signature.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Given the illumination of the aircraft/flight deck, I'd guess it's a long exposure during an active storm.

Still, very lucky, either way.

jw

Amazing picture. Thanks for posting.
Don't read into Tesla too much or you start to brag about him
like I do as the unknown and electricity seem to fit the shoe.
ED: As in if the shoe fits, wear it.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

It could be photoshop but then it would be a shame. There is a video floating around on ATS (i think from the ISS?) where it shows unknown "crafts/orbs" flying into storms. Many reckon UFO's love the stormy weather, but all have their own theory.

I truly hope this is a genuine photo. I would appreciate it so much knowing it is mother nature rather than being a hoax.

I have gone through my history to see if i remember the source from that video, i cannot find it.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

The NASA storm footage was shot from a shuttle flight. Not sure which STS mission it was, but it's been on ATS and other places.

Here's a link:
www.liveleak.com...

jw

new topics

top topics

join