It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megyn Kelly to Obama spokesman: Will you Delete The Email Addresses?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This morning Robert Gibbs, White House spokesperson (this dudes' boss), got hammered on the same question by Major Garrett. He would not ask a similar question. Got asked numerous times about violating the record keeping act, etc... He would not answer the question.

Finally, Gibbs blew him off saying "Major, we are going to move on to something relevant".

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Here is the clip from today's press briefing:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
To everyone saying "They already have everyone's email," that's not the point of this, this is about them keeping a list of those particular emails that belong to those who oppose Obama's plans. Nothing to do with just having a general list of emails.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Star and Flag, everyone needs to see this video and see and hear how people avoid answering a question. This is the textbook definition of someone failing at it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think the White House has to archive all communications to it, including email. So he avoided being truthful and could have said we are required by law to archive all communications, because it just looks bad right now.

Now when, when these archives are released to the public in the future, your email address will be become public.

What I have a problem with is, the White House is characterizing all dissent to the proposed health care reform as disinformation or misconception.

I have a problem with the government taking over the free enterprise aspect of health care, which is not to say that the government can not provide assistance to those not covered.

It's a freedom issue. It is totally unjustified for the government to start fixing prices in the health industry in the name of providing universal coverage.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

You are 100% correct. Everyone should do a bit of research on Nixon's enemy list, which was the motivation behind the creation of the records act.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Of course it's from Fox

These "journalists" or "anchors" are on Fox for three things: Money. Ratings. To bash Obama whenever he does ANYTHING.

But what am I saying, I'm the same guy that believes Bush demolished the country...that's just a myth right? Obama's the one who stepped into the office and pressed the button that said "F*ck you America!"

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Of course it's from Fox

These "journalists" or "anchors" are on Fox for three things: Money. Ratings. To bash Obama whenever he does ANYTHING.

But what am I saying, I'm the same guy that believes Bush demolished the country...that's just a myth right? Obama's the one who stepped into the office and pressed the button that said "F*ck you America!"

Your signature says to open your eyes - yet yours are shut tight. If you are defending either "side" of American politics, you are blind. Your statement that Bush demolished the country is only a partial truth. Here's some actual numbers for you:

When Clinton left office, the national debt was 5.73 trillion dollars
When Bush II left office, the national debt was 10.7 trillion dollars
So, in 8 years Bush II added 4.97 billion to the debt. This was the beginning of the end.
Obama took office with the national debt at 10.7 trillion dollars.
The debt right now is 11.7 trillion dollars. Obama has increased the debt by 1 trillion dollars in less than 6 months. Not to mention as a senator, he voted yes for most of the Bush spending... so, please do yourself a favor and open your eyes. Obama is simply Bush's 3rd term. They are the same. Bush kicked open the door to the destruction of the USofA and Obama ran through to finish the job.
Then both sides perpetuate this silly republican/democrat battle to take our focus off of what is really happening when in reality nothing changes regardless of who is in power. Don't be blind and try to blame one or the other. They are in it together laughing at us.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
wow, who cares?

lol

this thread reads like GOP shill foot stamping and bleating.

really it does.

why would above top secret readers care about the bickering of republicans at democrats.

take it to cnn.

mods please get rid of this junk! I wanna read about ufos, aliens and catholic church conspiracies!

thanks

lol

[edit on 13-8-2009 by djusdjus]

It must be the kool-aid that is FORCING you to click on threads that are not about UFO's , etc.

Try using both hands on your mouse to see if it gives you better control ...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
LOL!!!

I love the end!!!

"There is another concern, and it's about free speech and I hope at some point Bill, you and I can get to that one."

LOL

I freakin HATE faux news, but that was a good one!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
wow, since when did fox news become a real new organization and not the propaganda arm of the government? they grew some hair, pardon the expression.

oh, right, the winning team is different now... the propandists are now the truth seekers. nothing to see here, move along..

meet the new boss, same as the old boss..

[edit on 2009/8/14 by simpleharmonics]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I thought the White House Spokesman handled it extremely well. He was avoiding her questions because of how off-topic it was. This man was also led to believe he was on the program to talk about Health Care Reform, and it appears a bait & switch tactic was used and he was doing his best not to go with it.

All it appears is that Obama, a Tech-savy individual, knows how email chains can get out of control with disinformation, I mean that is why we have SNOPES and other sites that debunk most of the stupid emails we receive. In a situation such as this, where accurate communication of information is literally a life or death issue, Obama wants to ensure people are getting the REAL, No Crud, Facts on the bill and to sincerely answer people's questions.

This appears to be folks reading way too much into things. The administration wants to DEBUNK lies, myths, and false information. Everyone knows email is not private, and that anytime you email any public figure your email becomes public record.

If someone is so ashamed at what they have written and afraid that in the future when the records become public then they probably should not have been emailing people such garbage in the first place. There is no law that says I am not allowed to forward an email I receive, unless it contains sensitive information, and this is literally common sense. If you don't want the world to know how you really feel about something then don't email it, as emails get passed around and become public anyways.

The administration is offering to honestly answer questions that might arise from such chain letters, and to communicate that via email. That is it. The same type of spin was put on the "Death Panel" argument and even know there is back peddling to recover from that gross misreading of the legislation and how some extremists tried to interpret it.

Common sense here people, seriously.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. He blew it. It has been all over the news since the briefing (not only on Fox). By definition, that means he blew it. His job is to quell negative inquiry. Answer the questions with candor and honesty and not create open questions for the President's detractors to run with.

How about "Interesting question Major. I don't have an answer to that question, but do know that the White House has very sophisticated technology. Let me do a bit of research and get you all the answer."

Done deal.

He blew it

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Then both sides perpetuate this silly republican/democrat battle to take our focus off of what is really happening when in reality nothing changes regardless of who is in power. Don't be blind and try to blame one or the other. They are in it together laughing at us.

Ain't that the truth. I really wish the far left and the far right would open their eyes and fast. I get the feeling the US of A doesn't have much more time to correct course before we crash and burn. More spending on social programs like health care in the middle of a DEPRESSION has got to be suicidal!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Alxandro

I can't stand to 'double-speak' they do in Washington. Whatever happened to yes/no answers?

And before I get -sigh- called a racist because I disagree with the administration. . . the republicans have also done that.

There. (I should have that as a disclaimer or a signature from now on)

But this is the administration in power now. They can't stand the spotlight of the public eye on them.

Transparency my a##!

I agree, and saddened.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I didn't read all the threads, but did you catch the body language before he responded to Megan's first question?!!!

Before he answered," No", vocally, he was nodding his head up and down! This is classic body language of saying or responding yes with his body(doesn't lie) while speaking a lie of saying no! Total Contradiction!

You just have to laugh at the stupidity of the stupids in the White House!

How much more can we take?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

You are correct.
What's really needed in todays newscasts are body language experts that can break down the political play by play for us regular peeps.
A lot can be said about a persons body language, especially when they are telling us a whopper. Having an expert like Marc Salem to tell us what our leaders are really thinking when are on live TV would benefit us all.
But of course that would be a slap on the face of the NWO agenda so no way in hell we'll ever know what they are really up to.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

why on earth is he nodding to the question then answering NO

then answering _YES then NO , where do these people even get their jobs from....

it reminds me of an episode of supernews when they are in davos , to make a long story short the final answer was mabye yes mabye no , yes no mabye no yes no .....

good grief the corruption is puoring thru the eye sockets.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Uh, Read the 2 posts above yours again!

Repeating;

His unconscious body language(he doesn't know he is doing this!)he is saying yes(by his body language!!!)

This is a FACT!

Verbally(speaking), he is saying No, which is Completely Obvious that he is Lying!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

I'm replying to you because I want to say, yes you can polish a turd, but it's still a turd, it was on MythBusters,

Back on topic, I didn't notice his body language when I watched, I guess it puts a whole new spin on the phrase, don't listen to what they say, watch what they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join