It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is faced with a lack of room to store the missiles it has produced.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

english.farsnews.com

english.farsnews.com...

TEHRAN (FNA)- An Iranian defense ministry official on Wednesday hailed
Iran's progress in manufacturing military tools and equipment, and announced
that the country is no more dependant on the world powers for supplying its
military needs.

"The Iranian defense industries progress and self-sufficiency is
unprecedented and this vast country has never been so independent and
needless of the world powers all throughout its contemporary history,"
Mohammad Ranjbar said, addressing a number of defense ministry officials in
Shiraz,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.farsnews.com

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What do you do if you do not need any help with weapons production?

Simple - anything you desire.

Folks, this comes from the horse's mouth (or perhaps from another animal closely related.)
This is NOT coming from an "Israeli" or "UK" or "US" source.

And if you have too many missles, why, the easiest way to 'throw them away' is just do with them according to their design - namely, shoot them. At what coordinates, you ask? The place they have said they will shoot them. At the people who have already suffered a holocaust.

You need to face up that something is going to break real soon.

Isn't it interesting how everything is breaking down quickly at the same time? Even nature is stirring, what with earthquakes (greater that 7 magnitude), and now the tropics beginning to awaken.

At some point, you just have to say it can't ALL be a coincidence. Statistically, the odds are against it.

english.farsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-8-2009 by skycopilot]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
"and now the tropics beginning to awaken."

Not sure what this has to do with anything. Its summer. The tropics "awaken" every time this year. Sometimes its worse than others. What am i missing?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wait? Let me get this straight, Iran has missles instead of a photoshopped picture of them? If they have them, where are they?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Now that Iran is getting the missile tech. down, they need to start a space program. Instant legitimate uses for research rockets. Or they could build a nice picket fence with them.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ok so iran has missles, so where are the nukes Mr.Bush?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

They don't exist. Just like that whole Iraq had WMDs thing.

Iran=Iraq 2.0.

I think at least.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

So....

You're saying the Iranians are lying?
It's the Iranian news source that's making this claim not the Bush administration.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Glad you pointed that out - just don't see how people can miss the source of the information.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
"and now the tropics beginning to awaken."

Not sure what this has to do with anything. Its summer. The tropics "awaken" every time this year. Sometimes its worse than others. What am i missing?

Yes, I am aware they do - having been up on many a roof 5 years ago. It was just a point of convergence, that is all.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Iran successfully tested a home-made radar-evading Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) with bombing capabilities in June.

Thats a scary thought.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Basically, this sounds like Saddam Hussein's boast that he'd offer the "mother of all battles". It is likely that Iran has some missiles. After all, they supply missiles to some groups, who use them against people Iran doesn't like.

So yeah, this is Iran "admitting" that it has missiles. But - how credible is this admission? Are they just trying to reassure their citizens? Are they looking for a fight? What is their purpose in making these claims? Why announce to the world that you've got weapons? That isn't going to help you. It just makes other countries more paranoid about you, perhaps more eager to stomp you before you get too far out of hand.

Here we've got a country that is announcing that, in essence, it has weapons of mass destruction. How smart is that, I wonder, in light of what happened with Iraq?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

No. Iran has continuously stated that their nuclear weapons program is peaceful.

They haven't said that they had nukes yet.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The topic was missiles I meant missiles.

As In missiles with Made in Iran on them.

They said they have missiles.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Oh. I was making a post in response to someone earlier asking George W Bush where the WMDs were in Iraq. I was explaining to that poster that Iran was like Iraq 2.0 in the sense that the government felt that they had nuclear weapons but they don't. That's the main point I was making. That's all.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
*cough* Iranian propaganda *cough* They also have stealth aircraft as well. Bhagdad Bob had more credability

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

So....

You're saying the Iranians are lying?
It's the Iranian news source that's making this claim not the Bush administration.

Sadam was lying to try and keep Iran at bay.

It got him killed.

Now Iran is lying to keep israel at bay.

Will it get them killed?

Will their buddies Russia and China like israel taking out a supplier of oil and former large buyer of weapons that still need to be maintained?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skycopilot

Everyone is missing the important part of this article The Sajjil also known as "Sejjil" or "Sejil" is a two-stage, solid-propellant, surface-to-surface missile (SSM) produced by Iran they claim a reported 1930 km (1200 mile) range. Now i dont know if anyone made the connection but one of the reasons they say Iran is no threat is they don't have a launch platform.Apparently they do and now they also have The upgraded version named Sejjil-2, with a 2000-2500 km range was test fired on May 20, 2009.

Now heres a shocker do you know its harder to make a delivery system then it is to make a nuke.Other key part is its a solid rocket that means no prep time for launch and easier to hide.And guess what Israel is in range so i know there not going to let them develop nukes. And before people say where are they thought id let you see one.

I was wondering why isreal has been hot on developing Arrow2 i was thinking there was a minor threat to put such a major push.Now i see why!

JERUSALEM, April 7 (UPI) -- Israeli military authorities said Tuesday they successfully tested the Arrow 2 ballistic missile defense system.It was the 18th test for the Arrow 2 and the first since it was modified and used in conjunction with a new radar system, officials said. The test was reportedly carried out by the Israeli air force and the U.S. Missile Defense Agency.

[edit on 8/12/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I love the title topic from
source: Official Hails Self-Sufficiency of Iran's Defense Industries

to

Fearmongering at best

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I guess Israel has all the old ways for Iran to smuggle missiles to Gaza blocked so now Iran have a few extra missiles they can not ship to the Palestinians.

Wonder where they will ship there missiles to next Lebanon.

Or maybe to the Taliban.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join