It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America is mad at its government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Dear gov,

Your continuing wars we do not want to be part of.
You are not cutting costs especially the ridicules defense spending that is actually going to destroy us.
You bailed out the rich boys while our families are losing jobs have no health care.
You do not even read the crap you are voting for and we really do not think you would understand it if you did.
We deeply believe none of you vote for the good of the country rather you vote for your own future. You may think we like you for appeasing our 1 minuet attention span wants, but what we really want is for you to do the right honorable thing.
Most of us would rather you let the rest of the world figure out its own problems.
We do not want you spying on us without a just cause and warrant.
We want off oil and we want cheap or free energy. Build nuke plants and start a Apollo type energy research and development plan.

Di I mention cutting defense spending and stop saving mice in Pelosi district while some of us need health care and jobs.

Not to hard to please us. Just do what is right and good for the USA and not for your political future.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'd like to add the war on drugs to that as well. It's a sham.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Do you realize that the programs that brought us nuclear energy and the Apollo program were all driven by the needs of the military. Most of the advanced tech that we have is a result of all of this defense spending you think needs to cut.

Though I agree it can be cut some, but only so much. We have interests to protect around the world.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yah, that's right. We are the ones who put them their high pedistal, they should be kissing out butts and listening to the people.

The revolution is coming. i feel it in my bones.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

Yah exactly. Getting 1.5 million dollars of crack off the street costs about 20-some odd million of tax payers money to do so. What is really the drain on society now?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Well I do see the point of legalizing those things which cannot be named on ATS. Instead of spending money fighting it, we could create jobs and generate tax revenues by making it all legal. Also, it would end all of the killing over it. Just like when prohibition ended.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

OH I am not against having a strong military. It is way out of hand though. If your military budget drives your nation to fall apart, then it was not worth the cost was it? We have nukes so our overall security is set for now.

Those "interests" you speak of revolve mostly around oil. I am not against R&D. We just don't have to be world police to protect the homeland.

I did 20 years in there. Every year at the end of the year instead of giving money back they would ask us what we need to buy before year was out. There are 8k Plasma displays in nearly every room on the base I worked at lol.

I know many CO's that should be in jail for the waste.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Xeven]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Well mostly my point was that one of the best chances that we have to find some sort of cheaper source of energy is through a DARPA project. Though they wont take anything without some good theory behind it, and I dont know of any sound scientific theory that leads to free energy.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think you touch on the primary point of most Americans no matter what your political ideology is. We cannot trust our elected officials.That is it. When you can't trust an institution any more how can you let them do what they tell you is important? We really need to vote out all incumbents in 2010, if we make it that far. Stop voting in college educated, well connected people that act like spoiled brats at times. I would rather have people in congress that can connect with the pulse of those they represent.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
reply to post by Xeven

Well mostly my point was that one of the best chances that we have to find some sort of cheaper source of energy is through a DARPA project. Though they wont take anything without some good theory behind it, and I dont know of any sound scientific theory that leads to free energy.

I fully support R&D and agree that Military R&D is useful to more than just military. I have no idea how much we spent on the Stealth fighters but they are already retired while the Cheaper F-15 is still flying. Kind of a waste I think. They need to vote for what we need rather than what will get them reelected.

top topics

join