It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment: Messages from your future self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here is an experiment for you to try. Please record your success and any interesting findings here.

Make a list of things you wish to know from your future self. Lets keep it short to begin with.

1. World Event.
2. Natural Disaster.
3. What Stock to buy.
4. Danger.

Let us all use this same list for the experiment. Now find a place where you can clear your mind and relax. Also pick something to use as a focus such as a color circle, song, picture of someone. This focus will help tune your thoughts from and two the correct future and past you. Never use this focus again unless you want to channel to the you on that specific day.

Write down the date on your list. As you clear your mind write down anything that comes to mind. Try to tune to your own thoughts and inner voice while keeping your focus point in mind. Compare your thoughts to your list and see if anything matches. Pay attention for the next 7 days and see if anything you saw in your experiment was connected to your list. When done come back here and let us know. All, some or none of us may have successful communications.

Also after those 7 days do this same thing, but attempt to channel answers from the real happenings over the last 7 days to your past self, again using the same focus.

The focus is used to help filter out additional thoughts from past or future attempts at doing this.

I will start tomorrow sometime and report back next week if others are interested. I hope some of us can do it. If we have luck perhaps we can try other things like group focus etc....to strengthen the signal (if any). We wont know unless we try!

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Xeven]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I've got a question for you: Why do you want to know your future? Is it really necessary to know what's going to happen in your future? Hell, the future is coming, like it or not. At least if you don't know what it is you won't be all worried about it or full of dread.

I'm not trying to rain on your post, not at all. I'm just curious about the motive here. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by uplander

I do not really need to know my future. It would be cool though if you could tell yourself what if anything that might happen so you could avoid it or perhaps pick the right lotto ticket!

I mainly wanted to do this for fun. With all the theories on Quantum Physics etc... who know what we could uncover by trying it on a large scale.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I thought I stepped into a Lincoln Financial commercial for a moment there.

I am not sure if this is "scientifically" and "psychologically" correct. This is more or less receiving messages from your past self. If it were from your future self, you would be less aware of your message. We know what we have written and was full aware at the time, and I strongly emphasize "have".

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
I thought I stepped into a Lincoln Financial commercial for a moment there.

I am not sure if this is "scientifically" and "psychologically" correct. This is more or less receiving messages from your past self. If it were from your future self, you would be less aware of your message. We know what we have written and was full aware at the time, and I strongly emphasize "have".

Perhaps we do not hear our future selves because we never listen or because we never try to actually speak to our past selves. That is essentially what this experiment is about.

We only have the questions and what we think are answers.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Xeven]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm currently attempting something like this regarding late October. There are quite a few predictions going around, and I would like to narrow down the possibilities - preferably down to what actually happens, if anything.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I do something similar to this sometimes.

If something bad happens to me, later on when I'm thinking about it I try to telepathically send a message to my past self about it, so at least he could avoid the situation that is if he gets the message. I can only hope my future self does the same thing. You would think that making this into a habit would mean more likelihood of your future self doing it too. But then you have to take into account the theory of alternate timelines and whether telepathy is real or not. I have yet to receive a clear message from my future self, but makes me wonder if I get the message subliminally?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Would this excercise just become a Self-Fulfilling prophecy, with no real value or substance based upon your question?

new topics

top topics

join