It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA can't keep up with killer asteroids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Want to hear a good idea?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine a United States devoted to space travel and exploration. A complete Industrial mobilization of the massess for a purpose of intrinsic value and enormous potential for both profit and benefit to society.

War is messy; Innocent lives are lost and the public flat out hates it. Its absurd that the government continues to pursue endevors that only perpetuate the stereotype that our government manufactures and spins inevitable conflict. I challenge our government to smarten up and pursue something of greater value which will in the long run revolutionize energy usage researching hydrogen and nuclear power while leading the world into the heavens. I know i would rather die on a space odyssey than in a bunker.

-- Dante

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
First, There are much bigger threats to Earth then asteroids.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be a through and through ...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well since we are a bit off topic, lets say this...Imagine a space program that was really funded right and was able to actually do something besides build a space station above the earth. there is so much money tied up in greed, it could fund a dozen programs to mars, if that was the choice.It is laughable at the least that we haven't funded an asteroid watch program. Ever been to meteor crater? .. that is an excellent example of how little it would take to do serious damage.www.meteorcrater.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join