It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woodstock 40 years ago, lets look back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
A festival was hosted on a dairy farm Bethel in 1969, and it was flagged as "Three days of music and peace". Nearly half a million people went to a place that changed Rock n Roll baby!
Some of the acts: Santana, Grateful Dead, The Who and Jimi Hendrix, festivals are dime a a dozen nowadays...I should know (inside joke, never mind)

Any footage or songs from woodstock, let me know, if you cant find the footage, pls post the song played if you know it...want to make the playlist here

Cheers Zazzy F

One of the greatest moments ever ever ever ever, left handed guitar god..RIP

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hmmm....... So many to chose from.

My personal fav. Probably my favourite performance ever.

Joe Cocker-A Little Help From My Friends

Country Joe McDonald - "Feel Like I'm Fixing To Die"

Janis Joplin-Piece of My Heart

Thats a start.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Sly & the Family Stone - I want to take you higher

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Oh man, all of it is my favorite. Here's some neat footage and I've actually been listening to this song a lot lately. -Pretty solid writers

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I remember watching Woodstock on MTV when I was 8 years old. For some reason now whenever I watch woodstock footage it just floods back the memories. Too bad I never got to go =[

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Those were good days... mostly.

I remember a neighbor I had in Savannah, Ga back in those days. He was drafted shortly after Woodstock (which he attended) and left for the army and the Nam within weeks of the event.

A year later when he came home, he had a Vietnamese wife and was severely f**ked up. We all tried to find the dude we knew... playing albums of the Woodstock soundtrack and trying to stone him back to reality. But it didn't work... he would pull a 45 cal auto and shoot the screen out of his TV set during Hawaii 5-0...

I missed Woodstock myself but made COL and Pink Floyd in Atlanta over the next year or two... before the army got me too.

Thanks for the memories

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Richie Havens

Amazing opening performance

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join