It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Photo's of Soldiers Forming Giant Images. (must see)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

SnF

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Nice Photos,

as for all the negative comments about America, leave then. go live somewhere better, Nothings perfect, this is better than Serbia where my family moved from to escape Genocide.

im 2nd generation American and will die defending my property and neighbors here if i have to.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

"Anyone else find it ironic that the Liberty Bell is cracked?"

I'm not sure what you mean.... Do you mean that it is ironic that they lined up for the photo of the liberty bell in a way to make it appear cracked or that the actual liberty bell is cracked in real life?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
After reading further into the thread, I'm glad to see that there are people who know that the liberty bell is actually cracked.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
These look photoshopped, there is photo of an aircraft carrier with soldiers forming the worlds "# Iraq"...and it was fake. I am sure this is also fake. Not because the military wouldn't or doesn't do these things, but a lot of the images just look clearly fraudulent.

Originally posted by really
After reading further into the thread, I'm glad to see that there are people who know that the liberty bell is actually cracked.

I was thinking the same, I did find it TRULY ironic that some members were talking about the loss of liberty, etc and the irony, when they clearly did not know American History (important in understanding liberty) and that the Liberty Bell is actually cracked. It was a true *facepalm* moment.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Glad most of you enjoyed the pics

[edit on 8/14/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Awesome bunch of pics OP

Very cool find

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well, I'm glad that my tax dollars are going towards soldier art which is nothing more than glorified/un-glorified crop circles.

I could have sworn that the military had something better to do with the amount of cash that gets taken out of my check every two weeks.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am a new member but have lurked for some time. Something that has continued to amaze me is the basic lack of understanding of what is posted sometimes. There are several posts complaining of the the waste of "my" tax dollars. All of you who have made such claims.. take a closer look at the pictures. Notice the dates on most fo them are from the first and second decade of the last century?? No, I didn't think so. Some of these pictures are nearly 100 years old. Your tax money?? Hardly. Maybe your Great-Great-Grandfathers tax money, but I doubt he would consider these photos a "waste". Many of you are no doubt on your company computer, complaining of waste while being unproductive on the company dime.

Why did they form a picture of Woodrow Wilson? Perhaps because he was the sitting president at the time. It's called a tribute. regardless of your opinion, he wasn't considered evil back then. Certainly not traitorous.

Why is the Liberty Bell cracked in the photo? Not because of some grand conspiracy, but rather attention to detail. The Liberty bell IS cracked. I understand some of you are simply drawing analogies to the current status of our country, but others are not. That same lack of education and lack of will to educate themsleves is part of the reason for the condition of our country and the world at large.

As I stated earlier, I have lurked for some time and have increasingly become appalled at the intelectual downturn that ATS has taken over the past year and a half or so. Many of the posts in this thread reflect this downturn. Too often members of this site react with their gut and not with their minds.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by barrelmaker]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Definately some of the BEST photos I have ever seen my friend, thank you sending them my way
And terrific work as always.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by werk71

im 2nd generation American and will die defending my property and neighbors here if i have to.

Thank you for including your *neighbors* - you are in fact a TRUE American.

Salute!

peace

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
WOW. So cool! It's cool how the entire 1st division made the insignia in 1940.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think they have been photoshopped too, otherwise they could with all that effort make at least a film to go with it. It seems that way for now but if they are real then maybe at least it was a good joint effort of patronism.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Why am I the only one who doesn't see any photos??

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
Well, I'm glad that my tax dollars are going towards soldier art which is nothing more than glorified/un-glorified crop circles.

I could have sworn that the military had something better to do with the amount of cash that gets taken out of my check every two weeks.

Did you take a good look at those pictures? I mean a real close look???

The one of the men forming the Machine Gun insignia is dated 1918.

I wouldn't worry too much about the money from your paycheck.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
reply to post by lucentenigma

"Anyone else find it ironic that the Liberty Bell is cracked?"

I'm not sure what you mean.... Do you mean that it is ironic that they lined up for the photo of the liberty bell in a way to make it appear cracked or that the actual liberty bell is cracked in real life?

I know that the Liberty Bell is cracked in real life, I know it was by accident, I know that it was repaired and so on.... I stated it on page 2 of the thread to clear things up.

My comment was stating how appropriate the cracked liberty bell is as a symbol of our broken country.

Semantics

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
I just say that because conspirators are nutters.

We must use Wisdom in every case with Justice and Right as our measure.

But if I had to make one conclusion regarding these images, it is we as a whole that makes the face of a nation.

Not merely a single man or woman alone, but we as a whole.

The photo shoppers and conspirators have within themselves a premise by which we can shape the beliefs of people through manipulation.

But the Truth is as it is, without change, and when we as a people see, that what we do as a whole shapes the face of those around us and the world, perhaps life, liberty and the pursuit of Justice will become the way of the land with Truth and Love as its foundation.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by HIFIGUY]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join