It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Photo's of Soldiers Forming Giant Images. (must see)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
What a waste of tax payers dollars, so that soldiers could make giant shapes.

Shame...

If all we had to worry about these days is if our tax dollars were being spent on were some photos, I would be pretty happy.

The newspaper said the Obama administration had planned to buy four planes at a cost of $220 million; however some House lawmakers bumped the order up to eight planes even though the Pentagon contends it doesn't need that many.

The Wall Street Journal said Monday that the $550 million plan would purchase eight Boeing and Gulfstream jets to replace aging planes currently in use.

Source

I guess if I were to see one of those Gulfstreams in the air I could point at the pretty contrail and that would be my benefit of the $550 million spent.

At least the pictures can be enjoyed by everyone equally.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
good images!!! where did you get them by the way?

Why does some of them remind me of crop circles?

Must be mi imagination anyway

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think the Liberty Bell being cracked is great symbolism. For one, it wasn't done on purpose, but by accident. And just like Liberty, no system is without its cracks or faults.

Quite serendipitous.

I can appreciate the beauty in the photos, but surely they can find something more meaningful for troops to do.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
This should take care of the question.

Originally posted by lucentenigma
Anyone else find it ironic that the Liberty Bell is cracked?

A bell for the Pennsylvania State House was cast in London, England, however, it cracked soon after it arrived in Philadelphia. Local craftsmen John Pass and John Stow cast a new bell in 1753, using metal from the English bell. Their names appear on the front of the bell, along with the city and the date. By 1846 a thin crack began to affect the sound of the bell. The bell was repaired in 1846 and rang for a George Washington birthday celebration, but the bell cracked again and has not been rung since. No one knows why the bell cracked either time.
Bell Facts

was about to post this lol. It amazes me how so many people on here aren't aware of history....

but anyway..

GREAT thread. s&f...this made my day, thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
at least they arent bombing anyone by doing photo ops.

now if they were doing photo ops WHILE bombing people, then that would be the last couple wars weve been in

seriously. liberty bell was already cracked. go look at it and youll see. you cant show a picture or a representation of it without the crack. if you did, youd be dumb.

what i thought was interesting. i did a walking tour in savannah ga and they said that when sherman did his march to the sea during the civil war, he loved to yank out bells from churches and shoot them back into a city. he would also melt them down for guns and cannons. there's one set of bells in savannah that got saved by a couple of ladies. sherman ripped out the bells and was going to do terrible things with them because the church was intentionally ringing them as loud as they could to annoy him.

the ladies complained so much to people in washington, that they made him put them back. its the only church in savannah that has the original bells.

o also....

There is widespread disagreement about when the first crack appeared on the Bell. Hair-line cracks on bells were bored out to prevent expansion. However, it is agreed that the final expansion of the crack which rendered the Bell unringable was on Washington's Birthday in 1846.

The Philadelphia Public Ledger takes up the story in its February 26, 1846 publication:

"The old Independence Bell rang its last clear note on Monday last in honor of the birthday of Washington and now hangs in the great city steeple irreparably cracked and dumb. It had been cracked before but was set in order of that day by having the edges of the fracture filed so as not to vibrate against each other ... It gave out clear notes and loud, and appeared to be in excellent condition until noon, when it received a sort of compound fracture in a zig-zag direction through one of its sides which put it completely out of tune and left it a mere wreck of what it was."

www.ushistory.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

I think people are misinterpreting the liberty bell cracked comment.

its not directed at the imagine, of course the soldiers image of the bell is cracked.

I think the bells history is common knowledge, and i do see the symbolism in the bell cracking under the pressure of liberty.

however my comment and i believe the comment in which i was replying to, were in direct reference of the actual bell being cracked aka broken. Regardless of the year it happen, today its somewhat ironic, since its broke, and were broke as a nation (not just financially).

the two symbols of liberty broken... well i guess tragedy would have been a better world then irony.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Woodrow Wilson?

You got to be kidding me...

edit to add:

because i dont want to be the negative ninny...very cool pics...but, still... Woodrow Wilson??

[edit on 13-8-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
its seems the irony, however accidental, is not unfounded.

this country has had many a rift formed in it almost since its inception.

revolutionary war to gain our freedom(even if some believe we are still part of the english government)

civil war to gain solidarity (even if people still for some reason or the other think the south will come back to power)

and Woodrow Wilson is the reason we have the fed now. his dumb* passed it to be possible even after pretty much ALL presidents before him said that it would be the downfall of our country. Roosevelt made it happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Wow! Impressive is right! Thanks much; I'd never seen any images like this either.

Beautiful.

I once participated in a cluster**** similar to these in 7th grade for the school yearbook.

It took FOREVER to set up, and ours came out looking HORRIBLE compared to these.

These soldiers must have alot of patience and I cannot imagine how or who could put these together so well. It must have been very hard. Needless to say, it's awesome and I have saved them all.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
S+F - Those are some great photo's!

Anyone else find it ironic that the Liberty Bell is cracked?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by lucentenigma]

Perhaps a difference perspective...

The crack in the bell, being like our ways as a nation, although not perfect, ring of freedom and equality for all mankind, not merely a nation.

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
One of my personal favorites:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6fa253d2542.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This one is brilliant, you won't believe what happens in other coutries, at least the Americans had the word liberty in theirs. Skip 2 minutes of the video to find out what happens, the rest of it will amaze you, looks artistic at least.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81e247e5a0f3.jpg[/atsimg]

So the NAVY thinks it owns the planet eh?

Well maybe they do

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I think people are misinterpreting the liberty bell cracked comment.

Yup they are...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81e247e5a0f3.jpg[/atsimg]

So the NAVY thinks it owns the planet eh?

Well maybe they do

Better for the Navey to own the planet than the Pirates of the coast of Somalia, at least the Barbary wars wars are over otherwise the world could be a lot worse. Maybe the Navey owns the title to world peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Cool pics, I liked em all except the picture of the traitor Woodrow Wilson. thx for the post

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Incredible photos, I just can't fathom how you work this all out on paper and make it happen (though I can barely draw a stick figure). Just imagine if the whole world could collaborate and work together like this!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Great pictures. If the soldiers got to take some time off and chill then even better, no waste of money there. Morale is vital to the military.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

reply to post by ADVISOR

i was/am aware of the bells history, however it doesn't change the irony in the fact that something that is supposed to represent our liberty is broken.

just like the country that is supposed to represent liberty.

wow, amazing pictures.

it is irony that they show it broken, although it is, just like the country.....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wait till the moon landing conspiritors come to these photos... "They're fake, they're photoshopped, they were never really there, I'd like to see their faces to prove they're real" etc etc etc

I just say that because conspirators are nutters.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join