It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Photo's of Soldiers Forming Giant Images. (must see)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
They are quite possibly trying to communicate with aliens because this is the way they communicate with each other. The sheer cost of transporting, feeding and housing 18,000 people would be staggering. Think of the number of port-a-toilets they would need. To expend that amount of cash merely to depict a few timeworn military insignia and political cartoons must have an ulterior motive. A noticable message to someone watching from on high would be to create those multiple images from the same eighteen thousand. I expect a crop circle that signifies that perhaps we can begin a formal exchange with e.t.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Thank you for presenting this for our enjoyment, consideration, opinions, etc.

Starred and Flagged for thread content and originality

AND for the marvellous manner in which you respond to various posts

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
What a waste of tax payers dollars, so that soldiers could make giant shapes.

Shame...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
now those are some cool crop circles lol..we're making our brother aliens jelous

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Wow, that cost what, maybe a couple thousand dollars in todays standard. Look at what the government is Spending now. Trillions...You want to re-think that statement just a little maybe lol. It sounds a little ridiculous considering what is currently happening.

These are very cool photos and took a bit of thought in creating. Not just a standard Stoic Soldier Stare that you see in so many unit photo's. Nice change.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Starred and flagged

Loved the post never seen or even knew these pictures exsited.

As to the waste of money, whats new goverments do stupid things with money all the time.

The problem now is people are afriad of there goverments not the other way around. Welcome to elected dictatorships in both USA & UK

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I would say these photos are masonic demonic. Woodrow wilson was our worst president ever. And these soldiers were used to form bad visions...

I like the photo evidence but not the photos. Or the Idea.

Nothing in any of these is masonic from what I can see (I've studied freemasonry for 11 years and I'm a mason myself. I know for a fact I know more than any conspiracy theorist.). And what is a masonic demon? lol
. All these mason related conspiracies are hilarious, I seriously sit here and laugh at them
. And who decides whats "demonic" and what isn't? If theres anythng masonic in these photos, prove it. Oh I forgot, you can't, because there is nothing, sorry.
and to stay on topic, cool pictures! Thanks for posting.

btw you guys talking about tax dollars do realize these where taken in the 30s or 40s or something right? (I think they were)

Peace

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing what you can do with well trained sheep!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
@ AlaskanMan
The eery symbol you were talking about is/was the Army Air Corp symbol. The star is a symbol heavily used in Army heraldry, and when they started using aircraft for military purposes, the most obvious thing to do was slap some wings on it. Blam! The AAC was born.

@Nivcharah
OUR tax dollars? Were you alive and paying taxes in the early parts of the last century? The latest picture I saw there was from 1940. I mean if you indeed pushing 100 years old, then I'm impressed. But I seriously doubt any of YOUR tax dollars were spent on this.

@Bobbylove321 (and others)
What would you have them do with the tax dollars when there isn't a war to be fought? I mean, that's pretty much all you pay us to do. So in peacetime, are we just supposed to disband the military altogether so as not to have to pay them to do other things besides fight and die?? IMO, however biased it might be, I feel like you should be happy that this is ALL they were doing with the tax dollars... I mean at least it was something fun and unique, and somewhat productive.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Wowsers! This reminds me a lot of the following video. Hundreds of prisoners doing the dance from Michael Jacksons' "Thriller"!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have an original of something like this. I got it from my Grandfather. He was in the Army air corp. Flew B-29's during WWII. I will see if I can find it and get it up on the net.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
Wowsers! This reminds me a lot of the following video. Hundreds of prisoners doing the dance from Michael Jacksons' "Thriller"!!!

www.youtube.com...

there was an amazing documentary on this prison. the inmates are forced to dance all day at the prison owners request. they dance untill they are passing out. everyday coming up with new routines. i'll see if i can post a link

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I would say these photos are masonic demonic. Woodrow wilson was our worst president ever. And these soldiers were used to form bad visions...

I like the photo evidence but not the photos. Or the Idea.

I agree.

And what a waste of taxpayer money.

Good find in the OP though.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
In one of the pictures, the caption says it was created with "30,000 officers and enlisted men", significantly more than the 18,000 stated in the OP.

I was at first struck by the sheer scale and complexity of these photos. How do you organize something like this? How do you tell people where to stand? How long does it take to set up? What if you have to pee or something? I would be extremely claustrophobic if I were stuck in that mass of bodies for more than a few minutes.

I also noticed that they corrected the shape of the formations for the perspective of the camera in order to make the image appear correctly (as if viewed from above). That would add an additional amount of difficulty in the arrangement. You can see in some images how many additional troops are in the back part of the formation, to make it appear two dimensional. Very impressive.

Also, debris765nju, this likely negates your theory of these being messages to those 'watching from above', because these formations weren't meant to be seen from above. If you saw them from above they would look distorted and skewed because of the way they compensated for the camera perspective.

Lastly, these images are downright scary! Something about massive numbers of people (especially military), just freaks me out. I guess it reminds me of how mind-boggling it is to think of there being more than six billion people in the world - and these photos are just a grain of sand on the beach compared to that. It doesn't make me feel very special or unique!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
This should take care of the question.

Originally posted by lucentenigma
Anyone else find it ironic that the Liberty Bell is cracked?

A bell for the Pennsylvania State House was cast in London, England, however, it cracked soon after it arrived in Philadelphia. Local craftsmen John Pass and John Stow cast a new bell in 1753, using metal from the English bell. Their names appear on the front of the bell, along with the city and the date. By 1846 a thin crack began to affect the sound of the bell. The bell was repaired in 1846 and rang for a George Washington birthday celebration, but the bell cracked again and has not been rung since. No one knows why the bell cracked either time.
Bell Facts

how strange, that seems like a very unlikley coincidence

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Interesting pics! I was going to say they where fake, but I guess the artist knew a lot about perspective. Great Find.

I was able to find a couple more...
www.cabinetmagazine.org...
www.ideafixa.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
tax dollars wasted? not impressive??

you guys are out of touch. NK's better? wow....

i saw a symbol of american power at the turn of the century.

getting 30,000 people to stand in the shape of our symbols wasnt a waste of tax dollars. it was a show that we have so many guys in one place that we can make an image bigger than your town.

maybe im the only one who isnt desensitised to cgi to understand how massive these are....

you guys have some pride...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
reply to post by lucentenigma

isn't it because the liberty bell IS cracked. Kinda like asking "weird how they did an eagle with 2 wings" =) * for sarcasm lol

My point was more along the lines of how the cracked liberty bell is a good representation of our current broken government.

I know the history, geeeshhhh - (lame attempt at sarcasm)

Edit: More of a Napoleon Dynamite attempt at sarcasm

[edit on 13-8-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
What a waste of tax payers dollars, so that soldiers could make giant shapes.

Shame...

No #....Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Your tax dollars at work!

Second line.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join