It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Bot project correctly predicts today's earthquake in Japan.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Web Bot project correctly predicts today's earthquake in Japan.

urbansurvival.com

Cliff, who runs the predictive linguistics project sent a note earlier this week reiterating why we aren't trying to forecast each of the multiple earthquakes in this period. "yet another 7.6...just as the data suggested, pretty soon we will get to nearly daily at that level, so why comment on it? " And less than 13-minutes later, a 6.4 in Japan: the story in the NY Times from Tuesday headlines: "Second Japanese earthquake in days injures 100". More coming. Seat belts?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
earthquake.usgs.gov

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is starting to become more than a trend. I first started following the WBP and ATS around the same time just over a year ago, and the combined track record has been astounding. But this one really takes the cake. Just this morning I read an update on "Urban Survival" which often has links and article pertaining to predictions made bythe web bot project, and there it was in plain English: "Second Japanese earthquake in days injures 100". More coming." Then, just before I was about to leave work I notice an alert in my inbox regarding a quake in Japan.

So what do you think, lucky guess based on recent seismic activity, or are the Web Bot Project predictions getting closer and closer to dead on?

urbansurvival.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm still conflicted about the Web Bot Project. It just seems to me that, as with all types of prophecy, the predictions are vague enough that they're bound to be right now and then. Though I do have to admit, this is a really freaky coincidence, if it is a coincidence.

Awesome signature, by the way. Too bad Kubrick isn't with us any more.

TA

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The web bot guys keep saying that something big is supposed to happen from Aug 16-Aug 22nd, and then the stuff is really supposed to hit the fan on Oct 25. I know what they are rerferring to for October, but does anyone know what is supposed to happen Aug 16-22nd?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Associate: I've been feeling the same as you, until today. That's just too close to be coincidence. Btw, Thanks for the props on the signature, one of the best films ever made in my opinion, and that scene is one of the all time iconic images from cinema. Kubrick is missed.

Nikiano: I don't subscribe to the actual runs of the predictions, but get heads up on them from sources like Urban Survival, but I have heard both the Aug and the Oct dates. But, I don't know what they are predicting will happen on those dates. Maybe someone here on ATS could enlighten us?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
The web bot guys keep saying that something big is supposed to happen from Aug 16-Aug 22nd, and then the stuff is really supposed to hit the fan on Oct 25. I know what they are rerferring to for October, but does anyone know what is supposed to happen Aug 16-22nd?

Maybe this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I believe the news snippet you posted from UrbanSurvival is referring to the two earthquakes that happened Monday (August 10), not today's (Wednesday, August 12).

7.6 earthquake struck the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean
www.bloomberg.com...

6.6 has shaken Tokyo and surrounding areas
www.breitbart.com...

The 6.7 earthquake today (Wednesday) was NOT, as far as I know, publicly predicted by the webbot guys.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by kadugen]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Seems to me that the Web-Bot doesn't make accurate predictions until *after* the event.

I recall once where they were thinking "earthquake" during a certain period of time. However, they didn't have an earthquake. It was, however, the time when the Madoff debacle came to light, so they claimed, "Oh, yeah, that's what it must have been about".

As Niels Bohr said, "Prediction is difficult, especially of the future". So true.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kadugen

I think the article says that those were already reported, but then goes on to say "more coming. Seatbelts" Which when read in the context of the article's previous line - "pretty soon we will get to nearly daily at that level, so why comment on it" - then that's a pretty good prediction.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

My birthday

On a more serious note maybe a volcano going off somewhere,
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't webbot no browse the net and report what people are saying alot?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Its Blue Nose

I'm pretty sure that's the gist of it. It attempts to tap into the collective unconscious by gathering snippets of data from all over the web and analyzing the words most often used. I've seen it make some predictions that seem to be remarkable, but I'm skeptical of it's effectiveness because a good vague fortuneteller can make similarly "good" predictions. I think this was more than a vague prediction, which is why I thought it newsworthy.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Haven't 2 planes gone missing in the last few days as well, one in Austrailia, and oner in South Africa? One with 250 people....that got me thinking about people, "dissapearing" out of the air, around this time, or this being the begining of them "dissapearing"...if you don't of course count the outrages number of celebrity deaths this year, and for example, in my small town a young person dying or accidental death would be a once every 20 year occurance, but this year in the last few months there have been over 20 in their 20's or under....this whole town is in stunned mode...not to mention all ofthe oldr and in between deaths here as well..it is WAYYYYY out of whack for the regular death rate here.....and apparently other places as well.....

here is the link to that thread if anyone is interested...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
As I'm sure some of you are aware, most if not all Web-Bot predictions correlate precisely with what Terence McKenna's Timewave Zero program predict. The Timewave program is a fractal map of time based on the ancient Chinese I-Ching. The map is a line graph marking moments of chaos and calm throughout human history. The line graph is made up of a repeating pattern, and the pattern progressively gets smaller until it reaches zero on Dec. 21, 2012. Every major shift over the past 12 months has been echoed in the work of the Web-bot guys and the Global Consciousness Project.

What I would like to point out about these upcoming event windows is that the Timewave program was created in 1993 and the version I use (DOS version 4.3) has not been altered since that time. These moments in history were on the map since at least that time, probably further back given that McKenna spent the late 70's, 80's, and early 90's developing Novelty Theory and the accompanying software.

The Web-bot Project on the other hand is in constant flux. Based on 'predictive linguistics' scrounged from web chatter, the outlook is altered continuously and is largely based on the language of fear rather than reality or hope. More often then not, they do get the dates correct (as does the Timewave) however their interpretation is based on their subject views of the gathered data (although they try to be entirely non-biased to keep the output pure and accurate).

This image below is the output from the Timewave program. All coloured annotations were added by me to highlight the crucial dates we're approaching. Similar to the October 7 prediction of last year, these dates are spot-on when compared to the Web-bot output.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b478aef6625.jpg[/atsimg]

In their last interview on Coast to Coast, Cliff & George mentioned the Timewave similarities 3 seperate times during the course of the show. They are aware of McKenna's work. What's unclear is if this pre-existing data influences any of their research or conclusions. The Timewave works and has proven itself over the years. I wouldn't be surprised if they do cross-check the data before releasing it.

Another possibility (one that I hope is true) is that both endeavours are tracking the same underlying thread of consciousness that connects events in history, and that one is not influenced by the other.

Here are a few links supporting the above information:

Timewave Zero - Countdown to Transition

Timewave Zero & Half Past Human similarities

The Global Consciousness Project

August & October Predictions:

Mitch Battros and Jim Berkland predict major seismic 'event windows' for Aug & Oct.

Colombian Boy makes a prediction for late October

Brace for October Market Crash

October: A Good Month to Stay in Bed?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
May I have a play by play of what is supposed to happen from here through December please.

Thank you very much if you could provide me with such.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A 6+ earthquake happens just about everyday somewhere on the globe.

A prediction of this sort is not difficult.

Webbot earthquake predictions have already been debunked in earlier threads.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Cliff and George are on to something. Singapore and China both have stArted web bot type programs.

The disappearance mime is way to freaky for me as it has hit on all markers. Now i am waiting for a few more dissapearances.

We will get other disappearances simply because things work in waves. ALthough that explanation does not quite describe the pattern as i see it from my tradition. (not related to web bot or time wave)

Better yet it is almost kin to a chemical reaction except it takes place in the human psyche. Or kin to seedtime and harvest.

I agree with the time wave guy who posted earlier that George and Cliff try to apply their won personal twist on the data when the reports first run but if you carefully read the gibberish through a few times you will begin to pickup the flavour or the jist of what is about to take place. This is the beauty of reading the alta reports in my opinion.

10 dollars is not wasted on the alta reports so long as you try not to read the thing in a literal way as one would read a court document but rather read it in the way that a person should approach myth and the web bot then begins to make more sense in my humble uneducated opinion.

I see the web bot tying into the human psyche in much the same way that Carl Jung saw human behavior influenced via Archetypes. Carl Jung was simply following the secrets of many traditions to its logical end.

The web bot if viewed in the sense that it is picking up upon people subconsciously revealing their heart via words that tie into various archetypes and thereby influence how people are phrasing things ties into the discussions that Carl Jung and Einstein spoke about. That is that we create our own futures.

In the very least, even if the web bot proves to be mostly incorrect, it is fun to read the reports although at the moment depending upon how one defines a hit the web bot is far above a 50 50 average. lol

lol

Of course i could be completely out to lunch on the whole subject as well. lol

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wasn't this "web-bot" that predicted a very bad situation in the beginning of 2009? And a very bad winter and early spring, with bad weather and millions of people affected?

Edited to add:
In October 7 2008, something would happen that would be in the future would be on people's minds in the same way as 9/11.
In December 2008 it was very large earthquakes (twin earthquakes above 7).

Taken from this PDF file.

January 2009
- NOT FROM LINGUISTICS: After a brief period of stability, I expect the markets will resume their declines and this should last through late February or April.
- The “Services Bubble” collapse begins. Excess services, shopping facilities, luxury goods begin to crater
- Unemployment rate continues to accelerate upward – note that already the Obama team has mentioned a 9% unemployment rate, which is at least one third more than present and may go double-digits.

February 2009
- Global tensions which have been in release mode due to falling markets since early October 2008, bottom out briefly starting in the Feb 14-Mar 1 area.
- From this point, the country enters a period of ‘building tensions’ which will carry through into the ‘summer of hell’.
- Global coastal event(s) start to heat up – lead in events possible.
- Wave of enlistments to US Military as an alternative to unemployment (Obama youth corps?)

March-April 2009
- Food/Goods riots/demonstrations/confrontations presage the broader breakdown of social contract over summer.
- International pressure begins to build on the US dollar – this is a months-long process.
- NASA (and political) Whistleblowers appear in number
- NOT FROM LINGUISTICS: I expect to see non-paper assets of all types begin to appreciate (prices going up in dollar terms) of items like equipment, gold, silver, any fungible holdings (e.g. clothing, canned goods, etc.). Personally plan to be out of most government paper by this
period.

May 2009
- Squatters /displaced / homeless / unemployed persons begin to question the socioeconomic contract.
- Prices of commodities continue rising (from dollar repudiation) and electrical power and other services become sporadic in isolated areas.
- Continuing unemployment, pressures on government to reduce spending, while at the same time social services demands skyrocket trying to quell potential (turning to actual) violence
- Global Coastal Events (GCE) go mainstream

June-July 2009
- Experiences of the ‘summer of hell’ vary based on region. California may have veggies, but no power. Iowa may have corn, but no veggies, Northwest may have power, but little food –
- Concurrently there are lots of Terra events – goodly number of ‘summer shakes’ (earthquakes) but even though large enough to be normal ‘headlines’ they are instead footnotes to the breakdown of social contract globally.

August 2009
- Government services falter as budgets collapse.
- Purchasing power of dollar failing in some regions leads government workers to walk off the job as they don’t get ‘value’ for ‘work’
- Possibility of Social Security, and other government payments such as military retirement, being reduced or temporarily not available.

That is why I don't believe the web-bot's "predictions".

[edit on 13/8/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
They predicted an earthquake.
They predicted one in Japan.
An Earthquake happened in Japan.

Oh dear.

Japan is in a very active geologic zone. Me thinks this predicition could have been made by my mum's dog.

I predict social upheavel in a South American country sometime in September - for more information please subscribe to my newsletter which will be filled with non sensical words interspaced with tid bits of common knowledge.

I too was intrigued by the webot when I first learned of it. After careful consideration, and the failure of their predicitions I have filed it away with every other predicition ever made by anyone EVER.

When there are real issues, real conspiracies, real danger - we go around paying to hear random words strewn together predicting earthquakes in Japan.

We can do better!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Its Blue Nose

My birthday

On a more serious note maybe a volcano going off somewhere,
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't webbot no browse the net and report what people are saying alot?

well...here's your volcano

news.aol.ca...

great pics by the way, i have one for my desktop. other pictures from marco fulle are great

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

great photos

top topics

<<   2 >>

join