It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can leave your body Astrally, is it possible to not return??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I thought about this recently, and was wondering if it was possible. If you leave your body in the Astral World, is it possible to not be able to return to your shell?? I had my first astral experience not too long ago, and I know that astral projection is a real thing and there are more of "you's". In my experience i saw another version of me. So there was my astral body, my physical body, and another "me" from somewhere all in one room. I also wondered this when I had my experience, and i think that may've scared me back into my body. But anyways, what are your opinions?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I read somewhere a few years back something about cutting/severing the cord. It said something like if that happens you die in the real world. Not so sure i believe that but, who knows...

PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I agree, severing your cord from your physical body will kill it, and unless your really strong, you might go mad or die aswell in the astral.

edit: I want to add though, that you can travel back to the dead body, and with the right tools, you can enter it and reanimate it.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Tetragrammaton]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'd also assumed it would mean death for the physical body as well, although...might this be where some forms of zombies come from? There is also the concept of the 'walk-in' popularized by Ruth Montgomery where a disembodied spirit inhabits your body, while your own soul/spirit leaves the physical plane.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
thanks for the replies. the thought came to my mind when i was out of my body, i look over, and there I am. I was not dead, I thought i was for a minute, and i do remember looking to see if my chest would move, it did, and remember thinking how much different I look seeing myself as someone else would. It really puts things in perspective.

I havent been able to achieve this since that time, but am really looking forward to it happening again so i can see the pyramids. that is what i really want to do.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Those who have not returned wouldn't be able to post here that this is the case. I have heard testimony however that leaving one's body does cause it to be prone towards other occupants taking up residency in the emptied bodily shell. Given the reliability of these separate people to whom I've spoken to on the topic over the years, it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I can say with all certainty that if your physical body would be killed or otherwise die while having an out of body experiance you would be unable to return. Rember to never astrally project while operating a motor vehicle.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have experienced thousands of OBE's, it is not possible from purely obe travel.

If you are asking due to a experience, do not fear and keep traveling, you will always make it back.

The more fear you have during the process the less success you will have.

new topics

top topics

join