It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensor To Monitor TV Watchers Demoed At Cable Labs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Sensor To Monitor TV Watchers Demoed At Cable Labs

yro.slashdot.org

"Cable operators at the semi-annual CableLab's Innovation Showcase have informally voted as best new product a gizmo that can determine how many people are watching a TV. Developed by Israeli company PrimeSense, the product lets digital devices see a 3-D view of the world (the images look like something from thermal imaging).
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cablefax.com

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So, it looks like soon your TV will be watching you as you watch it. I wonder if The Powers That Be will come up with some excuse to make sure these little privacy invaders are required to be in cable and satellite receivers. I wouldn't put it past them. Call it a matter of 'national security' and insinuate that everyone opposed to the idea is a 'terrorist', and people will beg for them. Oh well, here's your heads-up, be on the lookout for these. No Yakov Smirnoff jokes, please.

TA

yro.slashdot.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
"Developed by Israeli company...." blah blah blah

Not surprising, could care less about the arguments. It will probably be utilized in Israel first in some fashion, starting with government owned and operated televisions. Then it's only a matter of time before it "seeps" into the public sector. After a while (or maybe sooner rather than later) it will pop up in the UK.

From the UK, it goes to the rest of the world.

Consider Israel the alpha-test, and the UK the open-beta.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Consider Israel the alpha-test, and the UK the open-beta.

You're probably right about that. They'll use other places to test the waters, and get people used to the idea first, and then they'll bestow upon us the "privilege" of living in a "safer" country by installing these in every living room in the country. Can't wait, good times ahead.

TA

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow.

I remember when the DTV boxes came out the big HOAX at the time was to open it up in a video and expose a camera.

Looks like those hoaxers weren't far off...

And an israeli company making spy hardware??

NO WAY!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Funny thing is, I know this rasta guy, smokes pot like it's going out of fashion. Top bloke, slighty eccentric, comes out with all sorts of interesting things. I remember about 15 years ago in full force chat mode, like you do after just the right amount of puff, him coming out with this insane theory about how the cable company could spy on you with the infrared eye used by the remotre control. Something quite a few folk used to believe at one point, but never shown to be true. Sure enough here we are a decade and a half talking about it as a reality.

new topics

top topics

join